Introduce yourself! What do you write?

Kalisara

Registered
Reaction score
I forgot to update on this thread... :p

The cookbook was accepted! I have signed the contract and should be published at this time next year!

Gavin Aendless

Slightly caffeinated.
Registered
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I did the introduction on the main area of the site, but I thought I'd do so here also.

I'm from Melbourne, Australia, and I used to be the National Media Officer for the Pagan Awareness Network (PAN). In 2011 PAN published a book I wrote called 'Paganism & Christianity - A Resource for Wiccans, Witches and Pagans' which examines the history behind why Christians often act with such hostility towards Wicca and other forms of modern Paganism.

Right now my main project is a book about a good Catholic girl who finds herself drawn to the dangerous and erotic world of witchcraft. Working title: 'The Dark Beneath the Moon.' It's not quite Urban Fantasy, not quite Horror, not entirely Erotica... Dark Supernatural might be a good label. I'm looking forward to finding out what people think it is in the SYW threads.

I'm also editing a middle-grade Fantasy book that my wife wrote about a boy and a girl who meet a dragon.

I can see I'm the first to post on this thread this year - may 2014 see lots of activity in the Pagan part of this site!

Foinah

Smoking Monkey Smart Arse
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
Welcome, Gavin! Very lovely to meet you!
As soon as you get up to 50 posts (don't sprint :e2poke: << in a nice way -- interact with folks for a bit) I look forward to you sharing some of your work in the SYW forum!
Cheers!

Last edited:

Gavin Aendless

Slightly caffeinated.
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks to both of you! :)

I've been checking out the various forums and threads and I'm quite impressed with the level of dialogue here. I've happily participated in the 'first three lines' thread in Novels, which is a great idea. I'm getting a few posts up, but yeah, no tearing hurry. :)

I may well put my thinking cap on and come up with a discussion-topic or two for this forum, maybe draw some other pagan writers out of the woodwork.

Foinah

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
Thanks to both of you! :)

I've been checking out the various forums and threads and I'm quite impressed with the level of dialogue here. I've happily participated in the 'first three lines' thread in Novels, which is a great idea. I'm getting a few posts up, but yeah, no tearing hurry. :)

I may well put my thinking cap on and come up with a discussion-topic or two for this forum, maybe draw some other pagan writers out of the woodwork.
That would be lovely!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Yasaibatake

is her own imaginary friend
Registered
Reaction score
Hello all!

In chatting elsewhere on the forum, I realized I have never introduced myself here, despite poking around a couple times, so...hello! :hi: I'm, well, me. Haven't bothered with too much of a specific label, to be honest. Pagan works just fine for me as it is :)

Writing-wise, I've dabbled in just about everything but always seem to end up eventually coming back to fantasy (usually low fantasy, to be specific) and/or magical realism. I rarely include Pagan themes on purpose, but I've noticed I'm doing it more and more often (and more overtly as well) so who knows what the future may hold.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, glad you're here.:)

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, all.

I've never introduced myself here either, perhaps because I can't say with certainty that my writing is pagan focused. But my spirituality definitely falls into the pagan arena, so, hello!

I may try to verbalize how this influences what I write, at some point, because it definitely does. But right now I am on limited internet time so just wanted to make a basic hello.

I'd love to see more interaction in this little area of AW. And Gavin, I've always been curious how the sabbats translate south of the equator, down there in opposite-land. :D:D:D So, I'm intrigued!

Katje

Amoebakat at Large
Registered
Reaction score
Website
katjevanloon.com
*waves* I've introduced myself in the newbie area of the site, but I figured I'd do a brief intro here, too.

I'm Katje. I go by Morag in the paganosphere. I don't talk about my religion as Katje van Loon; I talk about it on my pagan blog. But my genre is pagan feminist literary fantasy. I was tired of not having a genre to fit into, so I created my own and planted a flag. It's a bit of a mouthful but at least it's more precise than just "fantasy" or "speculative fiction".

I approach my fiction with an explicitly pagan mindset; I'm not able to filter my religion into a box and not put it into my fiction. Same with my feminism. Hence, the new genre name.

I'm planning on eventually putting together some non-fiction books under my pagan pseudonym, but, well. Like Thomas King says: "Writing fiction is like buttering toast. Writing non-fiction is like herding porcupines with your elbows."

Monkeyboy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
m0nkeyboy.wordpress.com
Hello! I had totally forgotten I made a login on this forum but a friend of mine pointed out there's a section for pagan writing discussion so I thought I'd drop in. I'm currently working on some urban fantasy, I'm outlining a guide to urban pathwalking that will be written in a fiction-ish style, and I'm also working on a guide to interior work using writing as a spiritual act, with the working title Mary Sue As Totem.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Shauna Aura Knight

Registered
Reaction score
Introduction: Shauna Aura Knight

Hi all, I'm new to AbsoluteWrite and was forwarded along to the Pagan side of the water cooler and thought I'd introduce myself.

I write nonfiction for Pagans focusing on Pagan leadership, facilitation, ritual facilitation, and personal/spiritual transformation. I also travel and teach on those topics.

More recently I've been publishing fiction. Most of it falls under the category of paranormal romance and urban fantasy, but some of it falls more into the category of Pagan fiction in that the characters are actual real Pagans, and they don't have huge magical lightning bolt powers.

That being said, my spirituality impacts just about everything I write, fiction and nonfiction, as well as my artwork.

Nice to meet you all!

Foinah

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
Shauna, Merry Meet!

Welcome to AW! I'm so glad you've found our lovely little corner of the forum.

Please be sure to check out the New Members Introduction and introduce yourself to everyone in the AW community.

Here is the FAQ page where you can find answers and info for new member questions.

I look forward to getting to know you!

Cheers

Lhowling

Mischief Witch
Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I've already posted a bit, but just noticed this thread. My pagan name is Leona. I write dark fantasy, romantic thrillers, and occult noir. I've studied witchcraft since I was a little girl, and have performed shamanic journeys on and off for a couple of years. What I learn from the Craft comes through in my stories, which I use to explore my experiences with and my feelings about the strange and unusual.

Pleasure to make your acquaintance :evil

Foinah

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
Merry Meet!!!

Hi! I've already posted a bit, but just noticed this thread. My pagan name is Leona. I write dark fantasy, romantic thrillers, and occult noir. I've studied witchcraft since I was a little girl, and have performed shamanic journeys on and off for a couple of years. What I learn from the Craft comes through in my stories, which I use to explore my experiences with and my feelings about the strange and unusual.

Pleasure to make your acquaintance :evil

Disa

Registered
Reaction score
Website
disawylde.wordpress.com
Hi guys.

I don't think I've ever posted in this forum.

When I first started writing I didn't intend to have a pagan focus, but as my interests changed so did my writing. My pseudonym for pagan/metaphysical/online writing is Disa Wylde. The novel I started years ago sits at approx 29 pages and was meant to be a murder mystery with a spirit in it, it still is that, it just isn't finished. I wrote a few Tarot related short stories, then added some other metaphysical elements to the Tarot stories and decided I might be writing magical realism? I haven't read enough examples of what magica realism actually IS, but based on some definitions, that might be what I'm writing. I don't specifically discuss paganism in my work, but it's possible there are elements of it scattered throughout in some subtle way.

Anyway, thought I'd just do a little intro in the hopes that pagans hanging around these days might add theirs, too.

Last edited: