• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Musa Publishing

Dave Hardy

Don't let your deal go down,
Registered
Reaction score
My second novel with them was accepted yesterday. It is very exciting to be with them from the bottom floor & see where things go. In case it wasn't said here - their Grand Opening is Oct 1st. Be sure to check it out!

Cool! I just signed a contract for my first novel with Musa. I'm looking forward to seeing Crazy Greta in March, 2012.

You're so right, this is exciting! I have a good feeling about Musa's future!

Reaction score
Signed my contract with Musa earlier tonight.

Am feeling rather jolly about it.
You can spend your royalties on head polish! :D

But seriously, well done. You're my favourite bald bastard.

Apart from Patrick Stewart.

EgyptianGoddess

Working On Life
Registered
Reaction score
Just a quick question: has anyone had a discussion with them about how they will be marketing (in general) and about also getting the print books into stores?

Last edited:

Little Ming

Registered
Reaction score
What's this? A publisher that actually post their contract on the website and explains in detail how their royalties work? I am intrigued. I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Good luck everyone! :D

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Just a quick question: has anyone had a discussion with them about how they will be marketing (in general) and about also getting the print books into stores?

For the time being, until the company is properly launched and financially stable, we are not going to print. Since we refuse to do POD and have 17 dollar paperbacks, we'll begin with very small print runs available through our website only. As we get bigger--and it looks like we will--we'll establish distribution at that time. We have no intention of bankrupting the company by going to full print before we can afford it.

As for marketing, we have a marketing director, Elspeth McClanahan, who's been working in online marketing for several years. Aside from social networking promotions, she has an extensive list of blogs, websites, podcasts and so forth that she utilizes. (Our launch week, for example, has us interacting on over 50 such sites) We also puchase advertising on websites and for print functions as well.

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
One of about 80, Nya. Scheduling anywhere from four to seven releases per week, Musa is now scheduling for early spring, 2012. We have some amazing projects on the board right now, one of which I'm so excited about and want so much to TALK about. But alas--I can't yet. Y'all will just have to wait.

Right now, our speculative fiction imprint, Urania, and our YA imprint, Euterpe, are keeping pace with Terpsichore, the contemp fiction imprint for the most releases. Surprisingly, we are in need of romance, erotic romance and GLBT manuscripts, and hope to acquire some more of those soon.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
We have some amazing projects on the board right now, one of which I'm so excited about and want so much to TALK about. But alas--I can't yet. Y'all will just have to wait.
Tease :D

EgyptianGoddess

Working On Life
Registered
Reaction score
For the time being, until the company is properly launched and financially stable, we are not going to print. Since we refuse to do POD and have 17 dollar paperbacks, we'll begin with very small print runs available through our website only. As we get bigger--and it looks like we will--we'll establish distribution at that time. We have no intention of bankrupting the company by going to full print before we can afford it.

As for marketing, we have a marketing director, Elspeth McClanahan, who's been working in online marketing for several years. Aside from social networking promotions, she has an extensive list of blogs, websites, podcasts and so forth that she utilizes. (Our launch week, for example, has us interacting on over 50 such sites) We also puchase advertising on websites and for print functions as well.

Thanks so much for the reply :) I appreciate it very much, I wanted to know what to expect and how things will work.

EgyptianGoddess

Working On Life
Registered
Reaction score
Celina requested my full manuscript today :)

Last edited:

Jamiekswriter

USA Today Bestselling Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jkschmidt.com
Whooo Hooo!!! This is so exciting on all fronts!!! Congrats to Celina for the new adventure and congrats to all the authors!! Can't wait to see what comes next!

anne.arthur

Registered
Reaction score
A few weeks ago, Musa contracted me for my debut m/m paranormal novella. I have been impressed (and completely won over) by the level of speed and professionalism I've encountered in every aspect of working with Celina and the folks at Musa. Their enthusiasm for books and good stories says a lot, and I'm very excited to be one of their authors.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, wow. Good luck, Celina. I think you are too.

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not really a prayer kind of person, but that's kind of been thrown out the window for the next few days or so.

I am so very pleased and impressed, though, with the quality of the manuscripts we're getting, the outstanding work of our staff and the really incredible authors who've decided to take a risk and trust us enough to publish their work. It's humbling and exciting all at the same time.

I have high hopes for us.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
The best of luck with it, Celina. Not that you need it.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not really a prayer kind of person, but that's kind of been thrown out the window for the next few days or so.

I am so very pleased and impressed, though, with the quality of the manuscripts we're getting, the outstanding work of our staff and the really incredible authors who've decided to take a risk and trust us enough to publish their work. It's humbling and exciting all at the same time.

I have high hopes for us.

We're going to be great:)