The Old Neverending PublishAmerica Thread (Publish America)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate St Amour

Re: I'll save you the hassle-

Joe,
You can't make everyone happy, so why bother trying? Just continue to live/post in a way that is consistent with your inner self. Eventually, each person's inner light shines through and reveals their "true self" to those around them. Now, whether or not others choose "to see" another's light is their own problem. Please also consider that emotions do run high here and a little extra compassion is needed when dealing with others on all sides of the issues. Hang in there.

XThe NavigatorX

Re: I meant...

Dee and Dave,

I just sent some pretty solid proof that the two individuals are one in the same. Check your emails.

bluwinteryfox

Re: A Final Post

Bard, my welcome to the board was something like she won't have her PA password long as she also posted on mindsight. That was over a year ago and as of last month I was still able to post on the PA board. I don't do a lot of posting because I don't feel my problem with PA is a big as some of the other people I've heard about.

I've learned a great deal by reading the board every day and saying something when I feel I should. I've emailed both Dave and uncle Jim for help when I received my contract termination that included the gag order. They both replied. I've emailed Ann with a question and she replied too.

So please don't let it upset you that you haven't been formally welcomed, some are some aren't. This is, I believe, the best place anyone who has had or still is having problems with PA to come and vent or just lurk.

I can understand about staying anonymous. I was that way until a short time ago.

LynnEtte (real name)
Monique (pen name)

Kate St Amour

Re: Joe...I'm sorry...

No need to ever apologize again, Chris(to me, I can't speak for others). Actions speak louder than words. Besides, I have blundered a bit in my day too, who hasn't ? I started typing a massive diatribe analyzing our societies faux pas, but I decided you all get the gist, so I'll spare you the agony!

~Kate

winniemitzandme

I forgot to look as to how many times I've posted here, but wanted to say I've never been welcomed and most of my posts are never addressed.

Maybe I've got a thick head, at least that's what my Mama used to tell me, but that's never bothered me. I just keep right on posting when I want and since no one has told me to leave and never come back, I figure I'm welcomed here.

Then again, I could be wrong on both counts, but don't think so.

V:rollin

Kate St Amour

Bard,
I understand your frustration and pain. I was where you are not long ago. There is strength and comfort in numbers (even when we get all ornery and opinionated--like emotional artist/writers often do). Please hang in there with us, and if you don't feel like you can now, know that you will be welcomed back with open arms whenever you are ready.
((Hugs))
Kate

The Real Joe Shmoe

Re: I'll save you the hassle-

"Joe, I don't have a dog in this fight, but I do want to point out that USEnet has a name for this particular rhetorical tool you're employing. It's known as the "flounce" and its use is generally viewed as a childish sort of mini-tantrum."

Huh?

Everyone else....NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALIKIN' ABOUT!

Big hugs all 'round, and yes you too, Nicole....

NicoleJLeBoeuf

Re: PA

I'm sensing that some participants have–please excuse the psychobabble–abandonment issues. ("Nobody loves me, everybody hates me, I'm going out in the garden to eat worms." "Oh, don't you dare leave!" Et cetera.)
I've nothing to add to that. Just thought it was well-stated, better than the way I put it since I appear to have merely been confusing.

DaveKuzminski

Did it help?

Yes, Chris. It did. I'm answering here because that message section is limited in how many responses are permitted per day.

winniemitzandme

Re: Violet....right back at 'cha Nancy

Ah, shucks Nancy, you always have a way of making me feel good. It's always good to see you (so to speak) here as well.

V

DaveKuzminski

A Special Welcome

It appears we have some former or current PA employees currently lurking here who are fearful of divulging their identities. To them, I say welcome. Use a handle and communicate through the instant message format if you wish to share some information without revealing yourself to PA. We'll understand.

Yes, this is a good place for some of you to meet real editors and publishers, several of whom are known to lurk here on a frequent basis. If nothing else, you can gain knowledge from them on how to obtain real editing jobs with real publishers.

bikrpreacher

Re: A special welcome

I would like to say welcome also. It's really nice knowing that you are here and I hope you will join in on the conversations.
Chris

The Real Joe Shmoe

WOW!!

triceretops-
All I can say is WOW!!
That is a lot of assumption, but nearly none of which is correct, or even close.

You are reading waaay too much into this.
I never "defended or made excuses for Marcus", and in fact said I would defend neither HB or PA.

I'm polite, because that's a better way to make a point than being downright mean or "acerbic".

Ya got me on the "Carl thing" though, and I retract that, he's merely acerbic.

I don't "consider writing humor like HB." I am the one who influenced HB to write humor.
I've never "proclaimed to be from the boards, and know most of the people there." -this is yet another of the points I'm trying to make, you are twisting facts to appear knowledgeable.

I know about Marcus' title because that is fact. You couldn't have possibly "known it would draw me out", as I wasn't even part of this board at the time you asked that question.
Sooo clearly you do NOT know me, and perhaps you should go back to school for the "feds".

While I'm here, Chris (bikerpreacher) asked me to mention that she is of the female gender...geez, I hope THAT didn't offend anyone!

Sorry to (so easily) stir some of you up so badly......

Joe

aka eraser

It's a bit like making soup. Let's keep adding these interesting ingredients and see what we end up with.

Ed Williams 3

Violet, I love having you here...

...as well, and one thing hit me as I read through all these posts - we are getting a lot of new people, I try to say hello to everyone, but I am simply missing some (I can't remember who I have said hello to and not said hello to). Nothing deliberate, I promise, I'm glad all of you are here and participating. I mean that - from the newest author here to Mr. Travis Tea, all are welcome...

P.S. Tina, were you serious about wanting some new poems for your epistle, I can't write regular poems, but naughty ones I can churn out all day!

:evil :evil :evil

DaveKuzminski

Re: Everyone..

If any of the temps who've worked at PA do identify themselves here in any manner, we should keep in mind that many of them probably took the jobs because they needed the money for living expenses. It's not their fault that they were thrust into a job that some of them may not have been prepared for or experienced in. This isn't the time or place to argue with them over a misplaced comma that was used. Working for PA has probably hurt their careers as well, particularly for those who wanted to actually go into the publishing industry as editors and thought that PA was offering them a start. In all likelihood, they were similarly deceived.

Our purpose here is strictly to get PA to treat writers and others in a fair and honest manner.

triceretops

May I also extend a welcome to any past employees of PA. I was a content editor for a newspaper for three years.

Triceratops

Oh, thanks Dave. Didn't know the ez box had a post limit.

P.S. Kind wunder das ceratopsians had walnut brains...I tried jumbling the letters, spelling it back-wards, cross-wise, looking for codes and hidden meanings...then I gave up and breathed the name aloud, "Travis Tea."

And THAT is when it finally donned on me! Oh...therein was the secret innuendo!

Gak!

XThe NavigatorX

Re: Joe

I can't imagine anyone taking issue with someone being a PA editor, box stuffer, etc. Heck, we'd even welcome a current or ex PA CEO if they were willing to talk back and forth with us.

A couple years ago I would've jumped at the chance to work for PA. I am curious how much they pay. Feel free to PM me. :D

NancyMehl

Re: Everyone

It was PA's job to make sure employees were trained to edit books - whether fiction or non-fiction. This applies to grammar, spelling, puncuation, and all the things that make for effective writing. Case in point: Many PA books shuffle POV's back and forth like cards in a poker game. How to handle POV is important to know when writing fiction. If an editor is not trained in these kinds of areas by their employer - or if the employer does not make certain they come into the job already skilled in these areas - it isn't the editor's fault! Plain and simple.

No one should blame anyone brave enough to come here for the failure of their employer.

There will be no arrows shot by me.

Nancy
www.nancymehlbooks.com

TuppGal

Re: submissions

oh sure.

Anyone can submit whatever badness they want and the first time author "name withheld due to a new one being much much better" will love to submit it.

and the naughtier the better. My brain can't understand things that aren't.

But Ed, don't forget...you owe me a strawberry.

tina

Sher2

Re: PA employees

I don't hold your company against you.

Me, neither. But please, for God's sake, SAY something.

Listen, y'all would not BELIEVE the positively manic form letters I've seen from PA to various authors today. It's insane.

XThe NavigatorX

Re: PRWEB link

We'd believe you if you posted or paraphrased. Some of us have no idea what you're talking about. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.