So now you've done 2012, will you do 2013?

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
So now you've recovered from the madness of NaNoWriMo 2012, do you think you'll be coming back for more next year? Or are the words "NEVER AGAIN!" already passing your lips as you read this?

Personally, while I won't commit to it now, if the timing works out, I'll be back for my 8th one. It just works for me. I've won seven in a row now. It gets me back into good writing habits and focuses my mind.

Corussa

I fight like a dairy farmer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ergh argh urgh...

Actually, why not? Although it was tough at times, the month passed by reasonably swiftly (mostly in a good way, apart from a mid-month struggle). And if it wasn't for NaNo, I'd probably have written only about 10k (if that), rather than 50k.

So yeah, subject to the various provisos regarding What Life Throws At Me Before Then, count me in for 2013. :)

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
I failed NaNo quite miserably only because November was a really busy month for me. I do think if I had the time, I'd be able to do it next year, so I'll attempt it next year.

crimeandthecity

Registered
Reaction score
I think I'll probably do it again. This was my first time winning, and although I ended up with an end result that was a bit word salady, I now have something I can edit into a coherent end product. It was intense some days, though. Definitely.

BlankWhitePage

Registered
Reaction score
This was my 4th year (I think, I can't keep track) and I will do it again next year. I look forward to NaNo every year!

aibrean

Author, Designer, Imaginative Being
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aprilsadowski.com
Depends on how I feel. I'm going to have an infant at that time.

Ellaroni

Registered
Reaction score
This was my first successful year (out of only two attemps, mind you), so I am not at all a stranger to repeating this. I found it rather exhilarating and am still stunned that I made it.
My main focus for the first half of 2013 is to revise the soon-to-be-completed Nano 2012 novel (yes, not quite done, but the end is very very near, so by Dec 31st the first draft's final full stop will be in place) and complete my old work in progress. If the latter fails, I'll start afresh with a new Nano in November.

Toimu

Hallo!
Registered
Reaction score
I've thought about trying NaNo but haven't yet. I might try it in 2013.

KSavoie

Registered
Reaction score
Website
undergradtoauthor.blogspot.com
I will definitely be participating again. It was my first year on but I loved it, and loved the community NaNo produced and I love that I made friends through it. I want to try and get as much editing, etc, done before next year though.

WendyN

8-armed cyborg tree
Registered
Reaction score
2012 was my first NaNoWriMo and I would definitely do it again. In fact, I think that format (writing a certain number of words each day, having a set deadline for completion) really is what "worked" for me, and I'd use a similar setup for any other novel I'd write.

Ellielle

needs something clever to put here
Registered
Reaction score
Almost certainly. In fact, I highly suspect I'll be jobless next November, so I'll even have loads of time for it.