DecNoKickButtMo anyone?

Ramshackle

*scribbles*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badmenagerie.com
Haven't written since Monday.

Sitting down to try now. I had some very bad news a few days back, and since I just seem to be blocked. Feels like I haven't slept in an age also.

Making an effort this morning to try and do something. On with the planning!

Racey

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A bit late to the party but I'm in! Goals for December are:

- To finish my NaNo novel by the end of the year, I'm looking at about 15-20,000 extra words
- Read two books (this is an easy one!)
- Write two extra blog posts for the month, excluding the one I wrote about NaNo
- Try not to over-indulge at Christmas time
- Continue the job hunting so I can escape my very disorganised and hectic current job
- Be thankful for everything I have and what I've achieved this year

Okay, sounds like a do-able list!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Go go go!

I didn't wind up reading at all yesterday, but I'm going to count cropping some photos as making progress on a "random" goal. (The goal being to declutter my room, which requires selling the things I want to get rid of - I've already sorted through everything, so the selling is the last part of that goal.)

And apparently I should have my new desktop PC by tomorrow morning. Woo! Then I can get stuck into the edits for Friend in a much more comfortable position than on the laptop. (I'll be getting the desktop about 4 days earlier than expected, which is great!)

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
Nothing yesterday, but 1100 words today.

eternalised

Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
Didn't get that much done today. Wrote a short story and added 1k to my chapter book. I should've done 2k though, and edited two chapters. Ah, well, there's always tomorrow.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Well, my day just got opened up a bit. I was meant to be waiting for some workers to come round to do something to the roof, but apparently they're not coming. So I can effectively do whatever I feel like today. Hooray!

I think I'll focus on photo stuff for posting ads, and backing up my laptop files for transferring to the new desktop which I'll have tomorrow sometime. And probably try reading this horror novel.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Read a chapter or so in the spec-fic book (it's getting more confusing, rather than the other way around) and wrote about 700 words on the NaNo book. Not too bad a day, considering I was stuck at rehearsal for the majority of it. I had the computer open in my lap and was bashing away while others were singing and dancing; fortunately I can concentrate pretty well, and most of the other actors know I write and leave me alone when I'm working.

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
I've been dragging my feet even getting to the December thread. That's not a good sign. :tongue

Um... goals, goals... right.

• Read all the unread things in my e-mail.
  • Read all the things I've saved in Instapaper.
  • Get a first draft of a story I've committed to writing.
  • At least start an outline for a book I've been planning.
  • Create a writing schedule for January.
  • Survive the holidays :tongue
That should be good :)

Now I just have to remember that I've said all that.

Last edited:

Isilya

Rogues, thieves, and knaves abound
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a bit late to the party too.

Goals:

Finish WIP 1
Brainstorm WIP 3
Write query for WIP 2 to find plot hole(s)
write 2 short stories
beta read friends story
fix glaring plot holes

all by the end of the year

Last edited:

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Go go go everyone!

Well... I've already failed my goal #3. :tongue It was to do at least 1 thing per day towards 1 of my various goals, and I did not do anything of the sort yesterday. Ack!

I basically spent half of yesterday napping, due to being so tired. I still haven't read a single page in the next book, either. And I won't be editing Friend's book until at least tomorrow, it looks like.

But eh - I'm fine with this. I mostly want to take things easy for once.

eternalised

Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
I'm at 12k in my chapter book, and I estimate I have another 2-3k to go till the end. Hoping to finish that today or tomorrow.

I'm behind on editing though, and uni exams are coming up, so I have to set up a study schedule that's actually doable, and not over the top insane, like I do most years.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
So, uh, it's snowing in the Willamette Valley. Like, a lot. I can't even remember the last time it actually snowed here in December, honestly. I left for school yesterday at 7:30 am and I got back about half an hour ago (11 am-ish).

For the last year, I've been hanging out pretty much daily in the campus pool hall, and for financial reasons they decided to shut it down. Yesterday was its last day of being open, and that was the ONLY reason I actually decided to go to school yesterday. Unfortunately, the entire campus shut down at 2 pm yesterday so I didn't get to play for more than a couple hours. I left to go to the bus stop to take the bus that would take me most of the way home. But I forgot my purse in the pool hall, so I missed it (and the bus to my town only leaves at 2 pm and 5:30 pm every day). So then I waited 45 minutes for the bus so I could take it to get halfway home. And then another hour and a half later I sat in McDonald's for about three hours waiting for my friend's car to get fixed so I could get almost all the way home. And then I ended up staying at Boyfriend's house overnight because I couldn't get anyone to actually take me home because of my driveway and hills leading up to it and stuff.

So, that took about seventeen hours longer than it should have... >.> What a way to end the term...

~Amber~

buz

edits all posts at least four times
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's the seventh already!! HOW?? Aaahhhhhhhhh

Ok. I've written probably 4000 words since the beginning of the month. I'm actually not sure. I hope I only have 10k more to go because I hit 90k today and I want it to stop. :p

Blergh blargh pthptbthptht.

The seventh. For real. What happened to November? And my life and stuff?

Sands in the glass...*supersrs moroseface*

eternalised

Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
I finished my chapter book, and threw in a plot twist even I hadn't seen coming.

Now I'm gearing up for the release of 3 of my books tomorrow, and then I'm going to spend some time in the drafting / editing cave.

Ona Mission

A Bit Squirrelly
Registered
Reaction score
Website
onanewmission.wordpress.com
Meh. I haven't done much this month thus far with the wip. I write something daily, so I guess that's moving it. But I've slowed way down and lost the momentum of the story. On the bright side, I started a blog to bitch about the excuses for not writing. I need to at least finish a scene today.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Well... Incredibly long day yesterday, and I didn't get anything done for my 2 goals. No reading, and no working on Friend's edits. *sigh*

I was awake for 18 hours straight though, so yes - long day. Which is why I slept in this morning.

And once I've had my AW fix, I'll be messing about with my new desktop PC, trying to make that all work well and everything, and installing programs and transferring files.

Might be a long day.

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
My short story is finished and put away until January for editing. Had a couple of days off to chill and catch up on some things. Now I'm back to the novel! I got just over 4000 words today, so I'm back in the swing of things!

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
Nothing yesterday, 400 words today.

I see my goal receding....

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Spent about 5 hours setting up / playing with my new desktop PC today.

Add that to the hour or so yesterday (plus another hour for shopping for relevant things) and it's been about 7 hours to get this beastie up and running. It's all fine now apart from a poor image quality... May have to buy a new monitor, but I'm not done troubleshooting yet.

So... Nothing else done for my goals. I feel like such a slacker. :tongue

eternalised

Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
I edited three chapters in my NaNoWriMo novel. So far I've finished 8/32 chapters, so I'm one fourth of the way there.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Yay! Go go go!

I think today I'll finally be able to get to work on Friend's edits. I think I have 7 or 8 (long) chapters to edit/crit. It's mostly line edits (spelling and grammar are not her strong suits) but I've also been giving a few brief developmental notes along the way that she says have been helpful.

And once I do all that, I can get paid for it, so there's a definite incentive! Especially as I need to pay off this desktop. :tongue

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
I had a busy weekend, and didn't get much done.

Though one of the events I went to was a charity book sale, where I spent too much money :tongue

My to-read pile has also increased. Such a hardship :)