Anyone interested in an Editing Month challenge?

lianna williamson

Registered
Reaction score
I was really looking forward to participating in NaNoEdMo this year; for once, it's perfectly timed to my needs. But I see that the website is on hiatus until next year. Anyone around these parts feel like joining me in an AW EdMo? 50 hours of editing in 31 days. C'mon-- you know you want to!

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm game. I've got a manuscript that could stand to lose...oh, about 30k words.

(Writing that down just made my heart sink.)

What's the drill?

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
Count me in. I'm in the middle of trying to edit my novel, and I could use the kick in the butt to get going again.

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
I have a lot of BIC editing time coming up if I want something ready for the Beta swap... at least I can have a good reason to count up those hours.

Sure, I'm in ;)

lianna williamson

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you to the mods for moving this thread to the right place! :)

Great! I'm glad people are interested. I will start a thread here--titled something like "Editing Month"-- later this afternoon.

I'm going to try to follow the EdMo goal, which is 50 hours of editing in the month of March. But I am a big believer in people setting goals that work best for them. If you want to do more hours, or less, or measure progress by pages/chapters/# of words edited, go for it. If people want to join mid-month, awesome!

I hope the editing challenge thread will be a place where we can report our progress, be accountable re: our editing goals, and share our editing approaches.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Lianna, I'd suggest possibly linking this EdMo event with the MaNoWriMo thread that is already here. This way there are more people in a single thread cheering each other on. :)

It's up to you of course.