JuneNoWriMo

eternalised

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
I understand your pain. In law school, we have dozens of references each paper we have to write. My master's thesis was about eighty pages, and had over 500 references. Making the bibliography for that one took days. Good luck though!

I want to go through four readings for my sociology of law class, study twenty pages for penalty procedure law, and then study one chapter of international criminal law. Lots of stuff to do, so little time.

On the upside, I got a first version of the cover for one of my September releases yesterday, and it looks amazing! :)

Last edited:

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Egads! 500 references? ... Is it wrong that I'm actually tempted to do something with that many references just so I can say I spent several days referencing for one text? :tongue It's seriously impressive.

On a related note, it took about 2 hours total, but the referencing is *done*! *falls in a heap*

I still need to actually edit the essay, but with the referencing out of the way, I can simply focus on the text. But not today - that one isn't due for another 3 days, whereas my short story and statement are due tomorrow. Eek!

Fortunately, the story/statement are pretty solid right now. :)

Pushingfordream

Writing about life!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.danielwallock.com
Goals:
Write 2 other things: 0/2
Write 10 new poems: 1/10 (UPDATED)
Get book to 2,500 downloads: 1,370/2,500 (UPDATED)
Get my submissions up past 100: 61/100 (-no longer a goal)
Keep Computer Organized
Be more healthy, walk more, drink more water, and go outside! Less work, more play!

... Will update this later...

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Edited the short story and statement, and just submitted it for grading. Hooray! 4 hours early, even. :tongue

So that means my creative writing topic is finished completely. :D

Next up: editing the social theory essay.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I took the rest of yesterday off. But I did just spend 1.5 hours editing the essay.

So far, I've added 140 words just from doing proper referencing, and a basic tidy-up. Eek! Of course, I'm still in the word count range, so it doesn't matter too much. :)

But! I'm now at a point where all I really need to do is just make sure the sentences flow and make sense and such. Just little bits of tinkering here and there, so I'm pretty happy with it at this point. :)

ETA: Mwuahhahahaa! I just did another editing pass on the essay, and OMG it was so much quicker now that I wasn't worrying about referencing! Overall, there wasn't too much that needed to be fixed, but I fixed everything I had an issue with. And somehow, in the various edited sentences, I changed the word count by exactly 0. :tongue So wherever I expanded on something, I must have removed something else. Hooray!

Last edited:

eternalised

Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
What a coincedence! That's something you get only once or twice in a lifetime - to mix things up and end up with the exact same word count. :)

Today's to do list:
- do reading one for sociology of law, class 5
- do reading two for sociology of law, class 5
- study international criminal law chapter 1
- study international criminal law chapter 2
- study twenty pages of procedural law
- write 2 minireviews on my book review blog
- write one review on my book review blog
- participate in What's Up Wednesday on my author blog

It's also my turn to host an event in my publisher's street team, to celebrate the release of my latest picture book, so that'll take up some time as well.

If I have some time left, I'll do some editing too. Another busy day!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I did 1 more editing pass on the essay, and changed... 1 word. LOL.

So I'm calling it done, a day ahead of schedule. :) Now I just need to figure out how to convert it to PDF, and I can submit it. Hooray!

ETA: Converted and submitted. Yay! :D Only 1 assignment left for the semester.

Last edited:

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
5k words on current WIP: 1018 so far.
Complete short story: nada. Zip, zero, nuffin'.

Trying to write while looking after my mother is harder than I imagined. I'm only getting in little dribs and drabs; nothing of any substance thus far. :(

measure_in_love

escaping the evil queen's curse
Registered
Reaction score
5k words on current WIP: 1018 so far.
Complete short story: nada. Zip, zero, nuffin'.

Trying to write while looking after my mother is harder than I imagined. I'm only getting in little dribs and drabs; nothing of any substance thus far. :(

[[[[hugs]]]]] I'm sorry to hear about that, mrsmig! I hope your mom is okay.

Current Progress for WIP:

Finally have a title for it! YA Urban Fantasy entitled Shadows Fall. I'm considering making it a trilogy (depending) with the titles Darkness Falls, and Silence Falls. All inspired by Dante's Inferno which has a lot of themes in my WIP.

Last night I finally got some writing in with 500 words. Hoping to do some more tonight after I exercise.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Just condensed 6 pages of notes down to about 720 words of notes, for the literature review. Considering the review needs to be 750 words, I think I'm finally at the right scale of notes. :)

I know roughly what I want to say in the review, but I need to order the readings into a logical order still... Once that's in order, it shouldn't be too difficult to write the review. :)

ETA: Just re-ordered the super-condensed notes. It's not *quite* dovetailing into a coherent argument, but it's easier to keep track of now. Not sure if I'll try to write the first draft today, or work on another part of the research proposal, or just call it a day.

Last edited:

eternalised

Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
I crossed off quite a few items from yesterday's to do list:
- do reading one for sociology of law, class 5
- do reading two for sociology of law, class 5

- study international criminal law chapter 1
- study international criminal law chapter 2
- study twenty pages of procedural law
- write 2 minireviews on my book review blog

- participate in What's Up Wednesday on my author blog

Today I want to do the following:
- readings for sociology of law chapter 6
- readings for sociology of law chapter 8
- readings for sociology of law chapter 9
- readings for sociology of law chapter 10
- procedural law study until page 40
- international criminal law: readings for lecture 4
- international criminal law: readings for lecture 5
- international criminal law: readings for lecture 6
- finish edits for client
- compare edits for "The Soul Thief" and choose preferred editor

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
Since my big POV issue in the other MS I was planning, I've been debating scrapping what I have and working up a new scene list. The idea wouldn't change at all, but lots of things can't happen the same way with the second POV coming in from the start. That's a bugger.

While that's been a frustration, I've been writing out the next idea. One of these (hopefully) will be July's camp Nano project, since I'm working up to the full edit I need for the last MS.

It's really nice to see everyone being so productive here in Wrimo land! Go get'em!

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Yay for everyone! :) Go go go!

I had my last final yesterday! :) And just about an hour after it ended I got my tablet back! :D I missed it so much... It's all empty and stuff now though so I really need to work on reassembling the pieces. But at least it won't be distracting me from studying. :tongue

Special ADVENTURE research paper story coming soon! :)

~Amber~

measure_in_love

Registered
Reaction score
Since my big POV issue in the other MS I was planning, I've been debating scrapping what I have and working up a new scene list. The idea wouldn't change at all, but lots of things can't happen the same way with the second POV coming in from the start. That's a bugger.

While that's been a frustration, I've been writing out the next idea. One of these (hopefully) will be July's camp Nano project, since I'm working up to the full edit I need for the last MS.

It's really nice to see everyone being so productive here in Wrimo land! Go get'em!

I feel your pain, coffee beans. Currently in a similar situation with my final rewrite- changing the tone/tightening the plot. This is a great thread to be in! :)

measure_in_love

Registered
Reaction score
was able to get in 700 words in tonight (the most I've written all week). I've been really struggling lately, but tonight really felt like it was back on track. Hopefully I can get 1,000 words in tomorrow. So far the final rewrite is at 7,105 words. Slowly but surely.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Finished outlining the remainder of the research proposal, so I should be able to write the first draft tomorrow. :) But I got *majorly* derailed by some bad news.

Well, the bad news doesn't affect me yet, and it's possible that I can find a solution next week, but it's ramped up my stress levels to a ridiculous proportion. *sigh*

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Just turned my notes into actual text for the research proposal. Well, not quite all of it... I have 1 section of notes left to expand on, plus I need to write the introduction and conclusion.

The methods section actually ran about 200 words too long... Eek! Although I think I know what I can take out of it later.

Needed a break, so here I am. :)

ETA: Realised that the specifications for the conclusion was something I'd already covered in the methods section, so copy-pasted that and then expanded on it a little. But this took about 150 words off of the methods section, so now it's only about 50 words too long. :) Also expanded on that other noted-but-not-written section, and wrote the introduction.

So! I've now got a first draft for my research proposal. Woo! Okay, so it still needs a title, and I have to add proper referencing, but I can do the referencing tomorrow. That will probably be all I do tomorrow, as it's meant to be my day off, but this then leaves me 2 days to edit. Which shouldn't be too much of a pain. :)

Last edited:

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Update:

5k words on current WIP: 1211 so far.
Complete short story: no progress

I like to write early in the mornings, when the house is quiet and my mother is still asleep. However, for the past two mornings Mom has gotten up early and is very sociable. Today I tried telling her I was going to go and write for a bit, and darned if she didn't interrupt me twice in the space of half an hour. So I gave up.

I suppose I could find another time to write, but the balance of my day is usually spent doing heavy housecleaning and chauffeuring Mom on various errands. I'm usually too tired to write in the evenings as a result. On the upside, Mom is getter stronger and more independent, and is already urging me to go home sooner than I'd planned. My sister who lives in the same town as Mom just left for a week's vacation, so when she gets back (provided Mom is still doing well), I may head home.

Okay, pity party over. :flag: Just needed to vent a bit.

ETA: 5k words on current WIP: 1475 so far. Got some work done while Mom was in the shower. Feeling better now. :)

Last edited:

Pushingfordream

Writing about life!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.danielwallock.com
Goals:
Write 3 other things: 1/3 (update)
Get book to 2,500 downloads: 2,000/2,500 (UPDATED)
Keep Computer Organized
Be more healthy, walk more, drink more water, and go outside! Less work, more play!

I changed my goals again. It seems my writing is just moving in so many directions all the time. Hopefully next month I set goals that I will have to follow. my goals are so loose I end up working on a long piece and then forgetting other goals.

Sam Argent

Rygel XVI
Registered
Reaction score
1500 words added to stories and a blog since I last checked in, and I straightened out two novella storylines so I can roll them out quickly. It would be nice to have them done by the end of next week, but I got called for jury duty. Crapshoot whether or not I'm picked and lose a whole friggin week. I'm trying not to be negative about it because the ones who don't want it the most are the ones who get picked.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Just spent 2 hours referencing in the research proposal. Eek! But I now have a fully-referenced literature review and bibliography. Hooray!

So, that's all I'm doing today, I think. Really need a day off. It's just past noon here, so that's close enough to a whole day off. :)