25 Reasons I Hate Your Main Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

harmonyisarine

Registered
Reaction score
I really wanted to link to it for a friend on another writing site who asked how to write from the pov of the opposite sex, because it was hilarious (an AW member wrote a short scene from the pov of a guy, with lots of exaggerated awareness of and references to his junk during a space battle), but heck if I can find it now.

I am so sad that this is missing from my life.

PeteMC

@PeteMC666
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
talonwraith.wordpress.com
I seem to remember rather liking Catcher in the Rye but I was probably about 15 whan I read it.

I *have* a buzz cut.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Last edited:

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
I really wanted to link to it for a friend on another writing site who asked how to write from the pov of the opposite sex, because it was hilarious (an AW member wrote a short scene from the pov of a guy, with lots of exaggerated awareness of and references to his junk during a space battle), but heck if I can find it now.

I think I recall that thread

Wasn't there something about him checking his junk and thinking about how perky it looked? Plus lovingly running a hand over it while he contemplated its heaviness? And would she like it like this and...

NRoach

Registered
Reaction score

Wasn't there something about him checking his junk and thinking about how perky it looked? Plus lovingly running a hand over it while he contemplated its heaviness? And would she like it like this and...

Do- do other guys not do this?

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Heh, these days it's more of a "balding middle aged guy" thing :)

I've been wondering when my husband will decide to go that route.

Then I'll learn to love them :tongue

Darn it, it might be the same one. I want to bookmark it to share every time that question comes up in a thread, before it gets beaten to the point where everyone goes home mad at each other.

Last edited:

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
I just remembered -- that thread or one very like it caused me to write this (Note if you are of delicate sensibilities, you may wish to avert your eyes)

Clint ran a loving hand over his nipples, tweaked them, so they stood erect and proud from the manly ring of dark hair that surrounded the areolae. The mirror seemed to enlarge them so they stood out like organ stoppers. One hand ran lazily down his side, over the ripped abdomen, to his taut, pouting buttocks before he assessed his junk.

Testicles round and manly, cock full and ready, skin as soft and smooth as he could get it. He cupped his balls and noted how sensuous they looked. They weren’t yet starting to sag – but it wouldn’t be long before he could no longer get away without wearing a hammock to stop the unattractive droop. What woman wanted a man with drooping balls? Still, they were perky enough for now. Pubic hair freshly permed, waxed, washed and perfumed. A tweezer grabbed a stray hair. A dab of rouge just so, on with the skimpy new loincloth that only just covered his vitals and he was ready. He hoped she’d approve. Did this loincloth make his dick look small?

ETA: I think I may have to finish the story I started here. Clint ends up accosted by three women in an alley and accused of being a clit-tease.

Last edited:

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
:eek:

Do real people, in real books, actually write real scenes the like of which this is a satire of?

Because ... this is brilliant, hilarious, and deeply disturbing.

(Also on Red Dwarf it was leg hairs.)

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ETA: I think I may have to finish the story I started here. Clint ends up accosted by three women in an alley and accused of being a clit-tease.

This isn't the scene I was thinking of (that was the one that took place on a space ship and had the protag taking a standing up leak and thinking about his junk and how glad he could pee standing up) during a space battle. It was in a thread where someone had asked about writing opposite-sex characters.

But it's hilarious nonetheless. Though I remember your original post on this mentioning something about his manhood standing out like the trunk of an alert elephant or something.

And I think that a heroine should come along and rescue Clint the clit tease from the pack of wild women and mock him with her sardonic smile and insolent eyes as she lectures him about how foolish it is for a handsome young man to walk the streets alone in this neighborhood.

Last edited:

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Lost me at #1 and #2.

I actually like passive, reactive characters.

So fuck you.

I do, too. Sometimes having events roll over an MC and having them struggle just to stay afloat can make for interesting reading.

I had to Google who this Chuck Wendig person was and why I should give a shit if he likes my characters or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.