The MTS Braggatorium

jeseymour

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jeseymour.com
My publisher just accepted the third book in the Kevin Markinson Series! Frostbite, set in Concord, NH, is both a prequel and a sequel, it falls between Stress Fractures and Lead Poisoning.

Here's the pitch that sold it: A bumbling gang of mobsters from Rhode Island get more than they bargained for when they kidnap an aging assassin. Kevin Markinson has no interest in killing anyone for anybody, but he decides to go along with them for the time being, while he figures out a way to work this out to his advantage.

Should be out next summer. :D

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
My publisher just accepted the third book in the Kevin Markinson Series! Frostbite, set in Concord, NH, is both a prequel and a sequel, it falls between Stress Fractures and Lead Poisoning.

Here's the pitch that sold it: A bumbling gang of mobsters from Rhode Island get more than they bargained for when they kidnap an aging assassin. Kevin Markinson has no interest in killing anyone for anybody, but he decides to go along with them for the time being, while he figures out a way to work this out to his advantage.

Should be out next summer. :D

:hooray: Congratulations, jeseymour! This is wonderful news! :hooray:

And congrats to everyone on good reviews and publications! My, you are a successful bunch. :)

pdichellis

Murder! You want fries with that?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
murderandfries.wordpress.com
Congratulations, jeseymour, History, and Ken. Lots of good stuff here.

In other new Braggatoria, my latest crime chiller “One Fingertip” is free to read at flash ezine Thrills, Kills ‘n’ Chaos.

Storyline: Anybody ever tell you to beware of strangers? Maybe you should have listened. Rated R for language and (off-page) violence.

Best wishes,
Peter DiChellis

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, jesey.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
This isn't much of a brag because it really isn't anything yet but - my father was on about Googling himself and I couldn't resist the temptation to do the same. In doing so, I've found out my short story from Ellery Queen's Magazine has been put forward for consideration for Best Short Story in something called the Edgar Awards, which I think I've vaguely heard of. Not nominated, but on the list to possibly be nominated. So that was a nice surprise.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
This isn't much of a brag because it really isn't anything yet but - my father was on about Googling himself and I couldn't resist the temptation to do the same. In doing so, I've found out my short story from Ellery Queen's Magazine has been put forward for consideration for Best Short Story in something called the Edgar Awards, which I think I've vaguely heard of. Not nominated, but on the list to possibly be nominated. So that was a nice surprise.

Zelenka, I've heard of the Edgars. This is AWESOME! Well done!!!

pdichellis

Murder! You want fries with that?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
murderandfries.wordpress.com

This is gigantically bragworthy, shout it from the rooftops, and huge congratulations to you!

Not sure whether you were kidding about "vaguely heard of Edgars" but just in case . . . the Edgar Awards (named for Edgar Allan Poe) are awarded by the prestigious Mystery Writers of America organization and are considered the absolute premiere mystery writing awards, bar none.

If your story was listed for nomination, that means the publisher, EQMM (considered the top mystery publication in the world), considered your story Edgar-worthy and sent it to the MWA for their judges to read.

Gigantically bragworthy!