Space Marine and Dragonwrangler Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoestring

Junior Space Janitor
Registered
Reaction score
Hiding from mountain trolls. Do you smell fish?
Love your avvie, LadyV.

Braved the aforementioned thread, and am so confused about whether I'm annoyed or amused...I'm just gonna go to bed.

Oh, and I added another 800 words tonight, just editing and finishing the first chapter. This writing from 1st person is really working out well for me. Now if I can stop reworking what I've written into a stinkhole, all will be swell.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Tomorrow, I get my hair cut, and then I plan to hole up in a coffee shop and write.

ETA: Annoying person from other thread went full troll in P&CE and got banned. :e2shrug:

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Love your avvie, LadyV.

[snip]

Oh, and I added another 800 words tonight, just editing and finishing the first chapter. This writing from 1st person is really working out well for me. Now if I can stop reworking what I've written into a stinkhole, all will be swell.

Thanks shoe! Glad things are working out for you with 1st person.

ETA: Annoying person from other thread went full troll in P&CE and got banned. :e2shrug:
*sigh*

Some people just never learn.

ION: Apparently the sig glitched was only temporary. :D

ETA: I'm procrastinating, but I need to write. Also, I want a PB&J sandwich.

Last edited:

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I was kind of hoping they'd be poarny minions.

Aaaaand now I've just given myself an image of a smibble in leather. :Wha:

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
673 words this evening. I'm not sure how many will stay, but they're there, which makes me happy. This whole "Just write and worry about the quality later" philosophy seems to be working. :)

With that it's late and I'm off to bed. Good night everyone.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
You keep trying to tie yourself down to a genre, RA. Don't. :) Just write. Don't try to make it conform to any particular genre. Don't get bogged down in 'but it doesn't fit!'. If you can let go of that and just let the story tell itself, I think you'll find it a little less frustrating. :)

This. Just write the story you are driven to write and worry about marketing it once you've written it, finished it, had it critted and whatever else it takes to make it as good as you can make it.

That has worked for me. Some of the time. I do have some stories I think are good enough that I haven't been able to sell. If anyone knows where to send a dark crime story set in 30s Hollywood, please let me know...

I'm musing over making it a...tad more erotic than the stories I usually write. But I still need something for them to do. Patented invisotext. Smibble smibble smibble.

Same issue here, with major-league bisexuality breaking out in my WIP.

Aaaaand now I've just given myself an image of a smibble in leather. :Wha:

I'm sure people in certain parts of certain large cities would pay good money for the attentions of a leather-clad smibble. Just saying.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
673 words this evening. I'm not sure how many will stay, but they're there, which makes me happy. This whole "Just write and worry about the quality later" philosophy seems to be working. :)

With that it's late and I'm off to bed. Good night everyone.

Is that big bird in your AV? :eek:

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
*Googles*
*collapses weeping*

Well, looks like old-fashioned ex-gay conversion therapy is suitably horrible for a horror story to be built around it. This pleases me. :D

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Good grief it's a multi-quote

How did I miss this? :e2woo:

Thank you, unfortunately, it's come back. However, I now have a theory. As I did no writing yesterday, but my hands hurt it has to be food related. So, it's either egg related or mushroom pate related. Today is one great scientific experiment to find out which. I am having an egg at lunch.

*hands ali magic Pain-Be-Gone pill. :)

Thank you. Keep them coming please.

Next book won't be out for at least 6-8 months... so, sure. :)

Okey dokey. Will be in touch.

:hi: Wanna be on the review some time?

They Might Be Giants did a cover of this song at the Cambridge Science Festival! :) (I heart them so hard. :) )

I like them, they're good.

Serves them right.

Is that big bird in your AV? :eek:

I was wondering who that was.

And good morning cantina :Sun:

After all that replying I don't think I have a lot to say other than I may not be around much this weekend as typing is so painful right now.

:Coffee:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning. Hugs and leather clad smibbles to all.

And thanks for the laughs :)

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Good morning. Wrote my WIP into a corner, but didn't realize it until this morning. But a good ol' cross/-/double cross should fix it. I think. I've been rolling it around in my head. Lots of empty space in that one. :D

We have basketball, girl scouts and a dog in desperate need of a bath on the docket today. Busy day will be busy.

For now, coffee, The Cantina, and Werdz.

Shoestring

Junior Space Janitor
Registered
Reaction score
Hiding from mountain trolls. Do you smell fish?
Woke up this morning and realized how awful my first chapter is. It's way too much exposition, but now I'm wondering how much setting is actually needed before reaching the 'point of no return' when the story really gets started. This may even require a trip into Basic Writing Questions...

:chair:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Said member was always a little odd and demanding. Kinda sad to see someone Not mature over an extended period.

And yay for pierogies. Must make some over Turkey weekend.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Woke up this morning and realized how awful my first chapter is. It's way too much exposition, but now I'm wondering how much setting is actually needed before reaching the 'point of no return' when the story really gets started. This may even require a trip into Basic Writing Questions...

:chair:

This question has come up many times in many forums. I suggest just searching key forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.