The NFL 2012 Season

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Well, during his only drive during a game, earlier this season, he got a touchdown. So, possibly better than Sanchez. However, it's impossible to say how he'll do during a full game.

kenthepen

Registered
Reaction score
The Jets are in total chaos. Bad decisions from management and coaches on down.

Yes, Sanchez has performed poorly; he's given up. Receivers aren't running the right routes, or running through routes. I don't blame him for heaving the ball up and hoping.

ALL their coaches should be fired; a more clueless lot cannot be found in the league. I'd LOVE for Sanchez to end up with the Pats, sit behind Brady for a year or two, then take over when Tom's done.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
The Jets are in total chaos. Bad decisions from management and coaches on down.

Yes, Sanchez has performed poorly; he's given up. Receivers aren't running the right routes, or running through routes. I don't blame him for heaving the ball up and hoping.

ALL their coaches should be fired; a more clueless lot cannot be found in the league. I'd LOVE for Sanchez to end up with the Pats, sit behind Brady for a year or two, then take over when Tom's done.
I could just imagine the reaction of Jets fans if Sanchez came into New York with a new team and destroyed them.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
12/23/2012...2nd to last regular season week before we move into the playoffs.

I am sort of pissed today because the Skins vs Eagles and the Cowgirls vs the 'Ainsts are on at the same time. Both on Fox, so I can't watch both games. Will have to have the laptop on the coffee table to keep track of the scores in the other games...

I think in the NFC East, all three teams tied, (Washington, Dallas and NY Giants), will win out today and it will come down to the last week of the season to see who wins the Division, who gets a wild card shot, and who goes home.

Its been a very interesting season as a Redskin fan...

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
12/23/2012...2nd to last regular season week before we move into the playoffs.

I am sort of pissed today because the Skins vs Eagles and the Cowgirls vs the 'Ainsts are on at the same time. Both on Fox, so I can't watch both games. Will have to have the laptop on the coffee table to keep track of the scores in the other games...

I think in the NFC East, all three teams tied, (Washington, Dallas and NY Giants), will win out today and it will come down to the last week of the season to see who wins the Division, who gets a wild card shot, and who goes home.

Its been a very interesting season as a Redskin fan...

That's interesting. So who do the Skins finish up with next week? And what's goin on with RGIII? Still hurt? Prognosis for return by play offs?

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
They're at Arizona this afternoon. They should win it but at this stage of the season, who knows?

Will you be watching your boys?

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
They're at Arizona this afternoon. They should win it but at this stage of the season, who knows?

Will you be watching your boys?

Yeah, can't help it. Loyal till the end, you know. Got Cincy today. Sentiment tends to go to Cincy- been so so long in between drinks for them.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
That Titans vs Packers game must have been painful to watch for Titans fans. 55-7 as the final score. I think the Packers pretty much just handed them the seven points at the end, since they knew it didn't matter.

Also, Bengals beat the Steelers, getting a playoff spot while knocking the Steelers out of contention.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Well the Skins won, the Cowgirls lost, and the Giants are not looking too good right now against Baltimore. Score just went to 17/7, Baltimore.

Since the Vikings won today, the Skins have to win out to have a playoff spot because the Vikings hold the tie breaker for wild cards. I normally like the Vikings, but not next week...

Next weeks game against the Cowgirls is a winner take all for the NFC East. I have heard rumor the NFL might switch the game to the 4pm or Sunday Night game, or even switch to a Monday night game. Won't know until tomorrow afternoon.

RGIII looked good on passing, but he could not scramble or run like his old self. This is not good against a Dallas team that shows speed with their pass rushers. I hope Shanny has a good game plan for Dallas.

Its been since 1999 since the Skins won a conference tittle. Way too long. HTTR...

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
The most dysfunctional team in the league is clearly the Jets. From the headscratching moment they obtained Tim Tebow until today, it's just been a train wreck. I'm not a fan of Tim Tebow, I don't think he'll ever be any kind of useful quarterback in the NFL, but the way he has been treated by the Jets is nothing but disgraceful. And I don't think I've ever seen a coach as lost in the wilderness as Rex Ryan has been the last three or four weeks. His press conferences after games have just been painful to watch.

Tebow is obviously gone, and it's at least 50-50 that Sanchez is, too. And they have plenty of other work to do to get back to some level of respectability. Right now, they're about the worst team in the league.

caw

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
WTF happened to the Niners yesterday? Watched the game this morning and it was not what I was expecting.

Oh well, keeps it interesting I guess!

As for the Jets, what can I say? Haven't seen a team implode like this since the Lions 0-16 season.

It just amazes me that Ryan can't see what everyone else on the planet can.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
I'm going to the Giants- Eagles game on Sunday (glutton for punishment. Freezing my ass off on the slight chance the REAL Giants will show up and at least try to play.) If nothing else, it's a day out of my house and just time spent with my husband, although we'll both be grumpy if they crap out yet again.

Such is life as a Giants fan, though.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
My sympathies, Bebop.

Ha, right, sympathies are in order. Not that we didn't see this comin'. Once they got Ben and Troy back and still lost, I knew that had to be a bad sign. Glad to see your team is still in the running- Playoffs comin up- gonna be fun!

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think we are, to be honest. Yesterday was a false hope. And even if we do make it through by some miracle, we aren't going to get past the first game. So what the hey, I'll accept it now and save myself the heartache.