Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone older than 18 is "old" in this thread :)

Hi, guys. Welcome to post-NaNo, slightly saner Sage :D

Periwinkle

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Mel and Smiley on the awesome beta feedback! If I ever finish my WiP I'll be looking for a few willing victims volunteers.:D

:welcome:IDK! Nice to meet you.

Blog, folks. Doesn't matter about what. Keeps your writing bones cracking and gives you character for your (potential/forthcoming/existing) readers.
I totally agree. Though my blog has been suffering lately because of commitment overload, I enjoy blogging a lot. It's a great way to develop your writing voice and get to know others in the writing community.

Hi, guys. Welcome to post-NaNo, slightly saner Sage :D
Heehee, I know what you mean. How'd you do, Sage? I'm slightly disappointed that I only managed a little over 10,000 words - I was hoping to at least double that - but I'll take it. I plan to try to keep up the daily discipline during December too.

My 8 year-old and I are off to the Polar Express this afternoon. We're dressing in jammies, riding a train, and drinking hot chocolate. It's even snowing lightly here for the perfect Christmas ambiance. I can't wait!

JKRowley

Registered
Reaction score
Riding the Polar Express sounds fun. I am jealous of the snow.

Parump, I love the lizard with the Santa hat in your avatar. Cute!

Welcome, saner Sage. Did you win NaNo?

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the excitement! But, as I said, it's only one beta's comments so far and she wasn't done, so I could still be in for a total heart wrenching let down LOL. Nah, I'll be fine.

Peri, that sounds like the sweetest thing ever! Where are you? We went today to this Longwood Estates place (the house is over 220 years old). It was cool. The girls got to see Santa, wrote a letter to him and Santa will mail a letter to the girls. They gave the kids a craft and watered down warm cocoa. LOL It was cute. They had two pillories on the property (right in front of an old church-HA!) so I got a cute shot of my husband and one of my girls in it. muwhahahaha. Funny thing is, the very first line of my novel is: Whoever invented the alarm clock should be placed in a town square pillory for cabbage and tomato pelting. So, it was funny to see a real one today!

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Riding the Polar Express sounds fun. I am jealous of the snow.

Parump, I love the lizard with the Santa hat in your avatar. Cute!

Welcome, saner Sage. Did you win NaNo?

Aww... thanks!

That's Tidbit, our resident yard lizard. He's called a 'HornedToad' [though his is not part of the toad family at all].

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I survived the Dubai 7s! And we won the plate! Which is basically the runner up final :) It was really exciting.

We also got flooded. Go figure, the weekend I'm staying outside all the time, is the weekend it rains in the desert. It actually rained so much that it was pouring INSIDE our hotel.

Now I get to recover all my injuries/let my bruises heal. And catch up on my sleep :)

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Kewii, that's awesome! Well, I mean about winning, not the flooding LOL!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I WON NANO. But the novel isn't finished yet.

And I'm confused by the website's counting method.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! Can't help you with any Nano info, but maybe Sage or someone more familiar with it can chime in.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I need to revive my blog with NaNo stuff. That will be tonight or tomorrow.

JKRowley

Registered
Reaction score
Parump, I just noticed Tidbit is riding the sleigh of ants. LOL!

Lisa, good to see you back. Congrats on winning NaNo. I never achieve that, but I do get a boost to my writing life in November.

I had a breakthrough today with my plot problems. I had a big plot, but needed other problems to propel the story inbetween. Found it today, and it is brilliant. Too bad I can't really share it with anyone, since the story is still in first draft, lingering in my head or languishing on the page in embarrassing form.

That is the isolation problem for writers. When we figure out a "work" problem, there are no coworkers. I told my husband, who has no idea what I am talking about!

Stuck In Kansas

Registered
Reaction score
JK! That's a crazy kinda' tease! Now you have me curious and I wanna read it.

But I know what you mean. I can't keep a writing secret though. I yell from the rooftops about my ideas and want to spread my work like a venereal disease (yeah, it's a gross metaphor. But, remember. I'm in Kansas, so that should buy me a little bit of goodwill. 'Cause I don't know any better.). Good on you for having restraint.

It is weird about writing, right? It's an isolated vocation, yet, the ultimate goal is to share.

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
Morning all! I had a pretty good writing weekend, that I hope carries over to today. I'm finally making headway!

I know you NaNo'ers are glad it's December! We'll be glad to have you back; it's been too quiet around here.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, guys!

I watched Rise of the Guardians today. IT WAS SO GOOD. :D

Dorothy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dorothydreyer.wordpress.com
Hey, everyone! I'm home! Got home from Berlin Sunday noon, had a great time with old friends.

Kansas, I'm 75% into Tex, can't wait to see how it all pans out. Wondering if my theory pans out on the mystery. ;)

Also, upon my return, I attended my daughter's theater school's performance of "The Wiz" - and recorded her solo (she played the Wicked Witch). You can check it out here if you'd like: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151271082748006

Good to be back! Got lots of writing planned the next few weeks. :)

Stuck In Kansas

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back, Dorothy!

I actually tried to watch your daughter in "The Wiz," but got foiled by my antiquated Flash player. I'll work on it (I'm a sucker for youngstas' and musicals).

Maybe you're right on how Tex turns out. Couldn't tell ya'. But be forewarned. There's a Hitchcockian "maguffin" tossed in there I'm quite proud of! Now, THIS I can say without a doubt. I don't think anyone'll guess the killer in the second book in the series! Is that a challenge or what?

Mel's reading it now, too. We'll see if she can guess the killer (she probably can, since she was raised on the Scream movie series).

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Sorting out my timeline of important events for Paragon Academy and OMG there is a serious problem during one bit... AGH.

Stuck In Kansas

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Lisa! How're ya? You'll get it sorted on Paragon Academy (like the title). Is this different from your first book (hope you didn't give up on that. It showed real promise, I think.)? But, I betcha' Paragon's gonna kick major posterior.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
What? Electric Dreamer? Yes, I think PA is going to be SO much better; even with the shittiness that I've got because of NaNo, I just feel it's better, y'know?

I don't know what I'm going to do with Electric Dreamer...

Stuck In Kansas

Registered
Reaction score
Lisa, you can always go back to Electric Dreamer. It'll wait for you on the shelf. Some of my books feel neglected on the shelf, but they know I love them. (Just not as much as my current projects, but don't tell them that).

I was kinda' looking forward to Stupid Cupid. What happened to that one? It sounded good.

Status
Not open for further replies.