• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

WME Entertainment / William Morris Endeavor (US)

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Has anyone tried to approach the London-based agents?
I checked their website but they offer no information whatsoever regarding submission guidelines. The only useful information I could find was on Writers Services http://www.writersservices.com/agent/uk09/William_Morris.htm.
Any suggestions or recommendations are more than welcome!

In the past, I've e-submitted to Eugenie Furniss, who used to be head of WMA London. She was very responsive, even though the agency seems so secretive and exclusive.

Asked for fulls twice, twice rejected!

I've found out that she's left WMA and started her own agency, Furniss and Lawton. http://furnisslawton.co.uk/

They only take snail mail submissions.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
I sent a query to Dorian Karchmar and got a "delivery to the following recipient failed permanently" message, with the detail that it had been caught in their spam filter.

Anyone else had this problem?

Did you send it to her WMA address or WME (William Morris Endeavor) address? I've seen her old one still floating around, but it's no good anymore.

Theo81

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.atrivialblogforseriouspeople.blogspot.com
Of the first ten or so queries I sent in July, only ST from this agency never responded. It's a shame as he seems like a decent guy from his interviews and his bit in the w and a yearbook.

Do we think we could do with a separate thread for the UK arm? We've got them for Curtis Brown.

The website for the UK branch is http://wmeauthors.co.uk/. I'd love if somebody could confirm the email address and the body text which appears in the email when you click the sending link. I don't have an email client installed (or something).

I'd also like to know what you all think of those terms and conditions.

The Otter

Friendly Neighborhood Mustelid
Registered
Reaction score
In the room next to the noisy ice machine, for all
Did you send it to her WMA address or WME (William Morris Endeavor) address? I've seen her old one still floating around, but it's no good anymore.

I sent it to the WME one ([email protected]). That's the only one I've seen; I couldn't find an email address on their website, so I used the one on agentquery. Is there a newer one?

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
You start it, I'll post in it.

What are the t's and c's??!!

So will I! For the time being I can say this much: in 2010 I queried Cathryn Summerhayes; I was referred to her by Pat Wood. She was very friendly but ultimately declined, giving as her reason that she likes "quirky literary". If you have something like that, she sounds to die for!

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
I sent it to the WME one ([email protected]). That's the only one I've seen; I couldn't find an email address on their website, so I used the one on agentquery. Is there a newer one?

That one should have gone through. At least I know it was working 6 months ago. I spoke to her several times using it.

death clock

Registered
Reaction score
What was the waiting time on a full from Claudia Ballard, or anyone else, at WME for you? Thanks!
Hi WriteStarfish,

I am in the same situation you were in last year and now I have the same question. Now after several months, I assume you got a rejection from her. Can you tell me how long it took? I have also sent a private message to you.

Thanks,
Death Clock

mayqueen

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Sent a paper query on 8/15/13 to Erin Malone
Received a form R on 9/6/13
Today I received a certified envelope from WME with my opened query letter and a note informing me that it isn't their policy to accept unsolicited materials.

That's right, they spent a least $6.31 and made me sign for it. And here's where the plot thickens. I sent the letter to New York. This certified letter came from Los Angeles.

Huh.

MadameApeFace

How do you work this crazy thing?
Registered
Reaction score
Am I doing something wrong? The William Morris web site is a dead-end for me. I cannot find a link that allows me to access information about their literary agents. I can book a musical act or a v/o, and I can find mailing addresses for their locations, but that's it. The best I've been able to do is locate Dorian Karchmar's AAR page - which is great, but I don't want to submit to her by default, if there's an agent better suited to my ms over there.

Layren

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.orbisonhearts.tumblr.com
Does anybody happen to have a current working address for Matt Hudson from this agency? I didn't see his name listed anymore on the agents there at query tracker. Has he left? I got an 'undeliverable message' when I tried this one.
mhudson at wmeentertainment dot com

These guys really don't want just anybody showing up at their door, it seems. But I read on Publisher's Marketplace he did a big deal last year for my category so I thought he might be a good fit.

Last edited:

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
According to his Linked In profile, he stopped actively agenting in 2011 and now works as a Director of Marketing for Culturalist.com. It's possible that he is still working for clients from his WME days but that seems to be about it.

a. climacus

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with Claudia Ballard? She's got sales on PM but no profile on QueryTracker.

tyrthunder

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone had any experience with anyone from WME lately? I sent a query to Eric Simonoff, who four days later passed it onto a colleague who requested my full. It's been just over a week since I've heard anything back. Eeek.

StuToYou

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone had any experience with anyone from WME lately? I sent a query to Eric Simonoff, who four days later passed it onto a colleague who requested my full. It's been just over a week since I've heard anything back. Eeek.
:D

A whole week, huh? I'd suggest you be sipping the whisky for a whiles longer...(don't rush out for the champers ,mind, not yet)

eta, now that my jealousy has subsided a little, let me say, congrats, it's a good sign, and not an everyday occurrence that someone of Eric Simonoff ilk, hands one's work to a colleague. If I were you, I'd chill back for a good three more weeks. And then, probably a bit longer...

Last edited:

MAS

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, good luck tyrthunder. Fingers crossed for you!

tyrthunder

Registered
Reaction score
LOL! Thank you. Whiskey (and Nutella) it is. I thought maybe it was a no go, only because my publisher picked up my book within 5 days of submitting, so I thought maybe I'd hit the 'not bothering to even respond with a rejection' point. (15 days today, *eye twitch*)

Ah well, either way, it's a good learning curve! I'll definitely keep you posted, you know, if I'm still sane by month's end. Happy writing, lovelies and good luck!!

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
WME Entertainment

I've had a 'like' on a Twitter pitch from them but I cannot find a thread on AW. Please forgive if there is one, moderators! Any insights into them to share? Thanks!

http://www.wmeentertainment.com/

ETA: query letter sent: 04.10.17
Full request: 04.10.17

God, I hope my book stands up to the Twitter pitch and query!

Last edited:

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
That's the William Morris Agency. They're so big that there must be a thread on them somewhere. Lemme have a look.

ETA: Here we are. <snipped>

Last edited by a moderator: