NaNo 2012 Word Count Madness!

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Omgz. I finished my book! I am a winner!! Yaaaaay!!!
I've tried and failed twice before so this is pretty damned exciting. :D
HNEwQ.jpg

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
Made it! 50,018 words according to the NaNoWriMo word counter (50,003 according to Word.) I was about ready to faceplant into the keyboard, but I was determined to make it by Wednesday and I did. And as you might guess from that total I stopped as soon as I'd got my 50k and went to bed. :sleepy:

Perfect timing too as I woke up this morning to the next round of edits from my publisher on my next release, so it's good that I have no more NaNoWriMo demands. Might add a few hundred more words, might not, before I pick the pace up again after the edits go back.

There's still plenty of story left, so no slacking off is allowed in December!

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Congrats to those done already. To those that aren't, you can do it - I've had to write a lot of words on the 30th before and yet I always manage to validate by 6pm local time. You have time.

wickedimp

n@
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to the winners so far!

I think I'll be able to add myself to that list tonight. Toddler meltdown prevented me finishing last night, but I stopped at 48484, which is kind of awesome in its own way.

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
Congratulations everyone! :partyguy:
I hit 46,720 last night, so I think I'm caught up. I don't expect to pull this in early, but I should make it on time :)

Foley

ever decreasing circles
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the congrats Putputt! A hippo-sized CONGRATS back to you! ( you'e reinforced the floorboards wherever your hippo is dancing, haven't you?)

Go wickedimp & bdwilson, I guess you've won already, huh? But, just forgotten to tell us [taps foot, looks at watch, sighs...]

Keep on truckin' NaNos, you can't get all the way here and not take these WIPs to where they need to go.

calieber

Couth barbarian
Registered
Reaction score
Up against my typing speed! If I spend every minute between shen I hit "Submit Reply" on this post and 11:59 PM on the 30th writing, I'll still be a couple hundred words short.

folkchick

Not a new kid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thescribe.godaddysites.com
Today I woke up with over 2K left. I was determined—no shower until I hit the finish line. I smelled horrible, but darnittt, got that book done. Like Napoleon Dynamite would say, fist pulled to hip, "Yessssssssss."

Oh yeah, I took that shower. :D

And by the way . . . Congrats to everyone!!!!

AshleyEpidemic

Did you see my bag?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.soipondered.wordpress.com
HNEwQ.jpg

I love this. Congrats! I'd give you a cookie, but they haven't figured out the web transmission yet.

Anyway. I am ending today at 133k. Not going to push for the 140 but I will settle for 137.

I hope everyone enjoyed this past month as much as I did.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Update on what I've been up to.

Just got the results for my final assignment for Poetry. I got 80%, so a B. The important thing is that this brings my overall subject score to 75.5%, which is 0.5% into a B!

I got a B overall! Woo! Considering I got a D for my first assignment for that class, I'm *very* happy with how things turned out. :)

Ellielle

needs something clever to put here
Registered
Reaction score
After a really slow week of incredibly painful writing, I'm officially ending the month with 60,009 words. I technically won NaNo, which is great, but I'm mildly disappointed at how incredibly far I am from finishing the actual novel.

Putputt

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations to everyone who finished!!

I'm doing a happy hippo dance for all of you. And no, Foley, no reinforced floorboards. I like to live on the edge. :D

Mirth

Registered
Reaction score
I got one toe over the line and immediately declared myself a winner! OO YA!

At last I can shower!

All the best to NaNoNauts everywhere, finished or not, pungent or perfumed :).

fole: 50,071

Yay to all of you!! And a LOL for you, Foley. :D ;)

Putputt, that made me smile. Still trying to not feel so bad about my NaNo failure and it helps to know that I can always try again. Thanks. :e2flowers

Last edited:

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
A big Woohoo! to the winners and to everyone, whether you make it to 50k or not, you've got more words that you would have had if you hadn't done it at all. Or something... anyway, it's all good.

Sarah G

Let me live that fantasy.
Registered
Reaction score
I am at 45,000;) Am going to be writing for the next few hours to try to get to 50,000 {hides} I'll be more than happy with 50,000 considering I've almost given up twice:) I don't think the story will be done then though:tongue

Putputt

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Putputt, that made me smile. Still trying to not feel so bad about my NaNo failure and it helps to know that I can always try again. Thanks. :e2flowers

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't even break 10K for my first Nano before I gave up. So don't beat yourself up over it. You'll definitely do better next time because you'll know what not to do. (I'm a slow learner, I didn't learn after the first time...) ;)

Anna L.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annafrost.ca
Wow this NaNo was horrible. I did 20k the first week, but it took the rest of the month to drag my ass to 50k. Such pain. Now I'm going to slack off for several days.

amschilling

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amschilling.com
993 words left to 50k. And I have to spend most of the day getting to/from airports and sitting on planes. Must. Write. On. Plane. Luckily, most of the movies they'll have suck, lol.

Congrats to everyone who made it!!!

Wilde_at_heart

υπείκωphobe
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to the winners so far!

I think I'll be able to add myself to that list tonight. Toddler meltdown prevented me finishing last night, but I stopped at 48484, which is kind of awesome in its own way.

That's pretty amazing. I'm always amazed when people can keep up writing lots when they have pre-schoolers.

calieber

Couth barbarian
Registered
Reaction score
Calling it.:flag:

I'm at 44,690. Within range, but I only have about a thousand words of plot left. Maybe as many as two thousand; certainly not 5,300.

But, it's my personal best by a fair piece, and there's, ahem, lots of scope for editing; I have little doubt that after the next pass it will be longer, I'm just not going to get that next pass done in the twelve and a half hours left in my time zone.

ETA: Final count: 45,345. For last year I wrote 8,036, so I'm satisfied. It wasn't a win, but it was a successful experience.

Last edited:

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
Ended last night at 48,525. So close. If I'd known my 5 am was going to be cancelled, I'd have kept going :tongue
I expect to pull it in tonight, though I'm going to try and write on my breaks today and cut down what I'll have to do after work. Busy night ahead!

CQuinlan

Registered
Reaction score
51,000 baby! WOOT! Dancing time!

(Story's not finished but still!)

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Finished the novel at 71,569. And I keep editing the end. And I made myself cry. And I hope that after I revise (and major revision is necessary), every scene will be as awesome as the one that made me cry.