Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
according to my edictionary that came with my mac

vitriol |ˈvitrēəl; -ˌôl|
noun archaic or poetic/literary
sulfuric acid.
• figurative cruel and bitter criticism : her mother's sudden gush of fury and vitriol.
DERIVATIVES
vitriolic |ˌvitrēˈälik| |ˈvɪtriˈɑlɪk| adjective
ORIGIN late Middle English (denoting the sulfate of various metals): from Old French, or from medieval Latin vitriolum, from Latin vitrum ‘glass.’

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Hillz can not be killed with mere time!

God, I hope not. I'd be bored with no Hilz around. I'd have to start picking on Fenika or Bettielee.
I seem to be filled with vitriol... I am leaving all kinds of stuff scattered around on the internet.

Well, don't spray it around here, unless you give us enough time to break out the environment suits. Thank God this is the Cantina, how many bars do you know that have environment suits on hand for emergencies?

I just got in an argument with a two year old over which letter comes after "w", I lost.

I'm so proud of him.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
????? Where is the emergency doll painted?!

Gais, gais.... I forgot I had a google offer about a hundred years ago to buy a $5 ticket... I didn't end up actually going to the movies, but I still had the $5 on my Fandango acct.... and I've bought an 11:10 pm Hunger Games ticket for just a few more bones.

If I don't come back, you know I was taken down by the children of the night. OH, and it's raining. I went out to the store for some necessaries, and there were about a hundred thousand people out. Damn rain not keeping the damn people behind walls.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
God, I hope not. I'd be bored with no Hilz around. I'd have to start picking on Fenika or Bettielee.

Even when I'm not around, I'm WATCHING.

Gais, gais.... I forgot I had a google offer about a hundred years ago to buy a $5 ticket... I didn't end up actually going to the movies, but I still had the $5 on my Fandango acct.... and I've bought an 11:10 pm Hunger Games ticket for just a few more bones.

W00T! That sounds like a win to me.

Okay, I'm going to start packing right now...in a second...give me a few minutes...ooh, popsicles!

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Even when I'm not around, I'm WATCHING.

W00T! That sounds like a win to me.

Okay, I'm going to start packing right now...in a second...give me a few minutes...ooh, popsicles!

I hope you are watching. It wouldn't be nearly as much fun if you weren't. :e2poke:.

Have a nice trip. Come home safe. Don't piss off the TSA people. If you gotta :e2teeth: save it for me when you get home. I ain't going anywhere. I got a 150k first draft to finish and I only have 1.5k right now.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Morning cantinas :Sun:

I'm still tired, didn't sleep too well, never mind. I could blame it on daylight savings or as it's known over here, British Summer Time, which usually heralds non-stop rain for a fortnight at least. Nothing except sun so far, so that should be good for my vitamin D level.

I need one of these :e2coffee:

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Morning! I was starting to get lonely. But I decided that chasing the two year old was a good substitute. Lots of fun that.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Yummy!

I have been meaning to find a place around here that sells:popcorn:. I been missing it lately.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
according to my edictionary that came with my mac

vitriol |ˈvitrēəl; -ˌôl|
noun archaic or poetic/literary
sulfuric acid.
• figurative cruel and bitter criticism : her mother's sudden gush of fury and vitriol.
DERIVATIVES
vitriolic |ˌvitrēˈälik| |ˈvɪtriˈɑlɪk| adjective
ORIGIN late Middle English (denoting the sulfate of various metals): from Old French, or from medieval Latin vitriolum, from Latin vitrum ‘glass.’

So you are filled with sulfuric glass??! Dire. Flush with lots of tea and dark chocolate.

And I am soooo envious of everyone who has seen The Hunger Games. I must see it soon but there is gardening to be done...

Also, I'm determined to buy a car I cant afford so I can stop filling my truck with diesel that I can't afford. Might swing over to DE today...

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
I need one of these :e2coffee:

Ooh, yes please!

Also, I'm determined to buy a car I cant afford so I can stop filling my truck with diesel that I can't afford. Might swing over to DE today...

It still freaks me out that diesel now costs more per gallon than gasoline. I guess that's the cost of having any standards.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, yes please!

It still freaks me out that diesel now costs more per gallon than gasoline. I guess that's the cost of having any standards.

When I bought my truck at the end of 02, diesel was cheaper than regular. That didn't last. I kept waiting for diesel to be cheaper than regular, at least in the summer. That didn't happen. I kept thinking I should buy a second vehicle. That didn't happen.

Now I'm looking at the Prius and the 50mpg and drooling. *sigh*

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Good Morning Friends!

I am way tired from all my adventures yesterday. Shopping and movie and lots of walking. My hip is angry at me but I had fun.

And now Little Kricket won't eat his breakfast unless I try to eat it first. This morning isn't starting very well.

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
Yummy!

I have been meaning to find a place around here that sells:popcorn:. I been missing it lately.

Like regular, North American buttery flavor, or that sweet stuff that seems more popular in Asia?

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I have been off the crazy bus for too long! I don't understand anything going on here!

Help!

Wait.... you understood this place?! :Wha:

Afternoon all!

I had a peanut butter and chocolate latte from my favorite non-chain coffee shop. And church had a bake sale. mmm. Lemon cookies and nut roll...

I start the new day job tomorrow! OMG! I'm really excited and nervous and excited.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
I start the new day job tomorrow! OMG! I'm really excited and nervous and excited.

I hope you have a day as awesome as I'm guessing that nut roll was. :) (Not that I'm jealous of your cake or anything...) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.