Frasier

Reaction score
Website
toon-maha-vailo.deviantart.com
I love America. It gave me my all-time favourite programme. Frasier and Niles are a classic double-act. Early on, the writing sparkled. Sadly, I think it grew stale later on, though it had it's moments - though it was a long-running series.

Am I the only lover here? I hope not. ^^

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
One of my favorite episodes is a Christmas one where Frasier is pretending to be Jewish and Niles is running around dressed like Jesus for a Christmas play. I also love the Valentine's Day episode where one of the segments is Niles trying to get ready to go out. The entire scene is silent and everything that can go wrong does. It ends up with him passing out from the sight of blood from a paper cut (or something) on his finger.

It was one of the funniest shows out there without resorting to being completely stupid...

Reaction score
Website
I remember that episode. He set fire to the sofa, burnt that bag of flour to a crisp... good old Niles. One of my favourite episodes is Ham Radio, where Frasier puts on a play but his ego gets in the way. Again. Also, I love the one where Frasier ends up in a street fight with Derek Mann, only to have it broken up.

Though I found Daphne's brothers stereotypical lager-louts. I'm British, it'd have been nice to not see them all be cut-outs.

But yea. It has Lilith and Maris.

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
Or when Frasier and Niles meet Sherry (Martins loud girlfriend) TOO Funny.

I recently got a piece of good news regarding Frasier. The last time I checked, the Region 2 dvds only went up to series 4. But it looks like the rest are now out!
The upshot being that I'll living on the cheapest, basest food but laughing myself stupid for a month or two.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My favorite Frasier show was the one where Frasier and company are telling a story on the radio. Something like Mystery Theatre. They all have a part to read. Because Frasier is so demanding about how they read their lines, Niles balks at that and starts making up his own lines. It's really funny. Listening at home, Daphne says, "This is turning into a blood bath."

newmod

Registered
Reaction score
My girlfriend loves it, she used to be a Seinfeld nut (I can´t stand Seinfeld). I suggested she check out Frasier (they don´t show it here in Spain) and she´s an addict.

If I remember correctly her favourite episode is the one where they buy a resaurant. I think it was called Les Freres Heureux. Apologies for my terrible French spelling. She also likes the one where Niles, Frasier and Martin go fishing.

Just out of curiousity, favourite and least favourite characters? My least favourite probably Gil (the restaurant critic) favourite I´m not really sure, probably the main man.

eric11210

Registered
Reaction score
I love that show also.

What about the one where he ends up blessing his son in Klingonese?

Though my favorite is the one where Frasier is dating a Jewish girl and they're in the kitchen getting her mother a glass of wine. Niles says, "oh, what if she expects kosher wine?" Frasier: "Oh dear, I haven't got any." Niles: "No problem." He puts a few spoonfuls of sugar in a glass of wine, mixes it around. Frasier tastes it. "Oh, that's dreadful." Niles: "Perfect!" Reminds me of the hideous wine my parents used to use when I was growing up (I personally refuse to drink sweet wines anymore -- they really are vile).

Eric

Reaction score
Website
Just out of curiousity, favourite and least favourite characters? My least favourite probably Gil (the restaurant critic) favourite I´m not really sure, probably the main man.

I think I like Niles the best. It's amazing how he can be so pompous, yet loveable. Others include Lilith, Roz, and Martin and Frasier.

I have a few least faourites:

Mel - probably on account of how she treated Niles when he ran off with Daphne, though I can understand her motives. I just wouldn't be so vindictive, so I'd like to hope.

Simon - Daphne's brother. A stereotypical Brit lager-lout, and I found it not so much insulting, but disappointing.

Daphne I don't like or hate - I just found her a bit too out-there for my tastes.

Bulldog I'd have to hate, only I find him funny with some of the things he says.

My favorite Frasier show was the one where Frasier and company are telling a story on the radio. Something like Mystery Theatre.

That's the one I mentioned earlier, called 'Ham Radio'. It's one of my faves. ^^

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
Loved 'Frasier'. They still run it here during the day on Paramount Comedy. I still laugh at Martin singing the intro riff of his Sinatra tune in the Auntie's funeral episode. I can't pick a fave episode, though, just fave moments.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
One of my all time favourite sitcoms. Niles was a brilliantly written character and David Hyde Pierce played him to perfection.

One of my fav episodes is the one where Frasier's toilet is acting up and the plumber is an old schoolmate who tormented Niles. Frasier advises Niles to talk it out, but when the plumber's brother comes to help, he turns out to have tormented Frasier all through school.

Next thing you know: swirly!

Oh, and Eddie staring at Frasier has to be one of the best running gags in TV history.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
There was one episode where Eddie was depressed and the camera was from his point of view as he sat and watched Niles, Frasier, and Martin discuss what they all thought was wrong. This was how the conversation went"

MARTIN: Blah, Eddie, blah blah blah?

NILES: Blah, blah, blah, Eddie. Blah Eddie blah blah?

FRASIER: Eddie blah, blah, blah, Eddie. Blah, Eddie, blah blah?

Every time I say something to my dog, I wonder if that's how I sound to her as well :)

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I love America. It gave me my all-time favourite programme. Frasier and Niles are a classic double-act. Early on, the writing sparkled. Sadly, I think it grew stale later on, though it had it's moments - though it was a long-running series.

Am I the only lover here? I hope not. ^^
I so totally agree. The first couple of seasons were funny and very well written. But as the years dragged on the writing became slanted toward stupid. Still, I had a few good years of witty and intelligent humor that gave me more laughs than not. Too bad the series had to end...and still it was for the best.