Rejectomancy

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
20-day Gordon R from F&SF. Haven't had any luck with my dark fantasy, but my (rare) sci-fi stories seem to do alright.

Patrick.S

Registered
Reaction score
23 day R from Shimmer. Seemed like a short personal but I'm not sure. Subbed again.

pyragelos

Registered
Reaction score
17-day R from LORE. They asked for more stories in the future, but it was definitely a form.

Niccolo

Registered
Reaction score
Just got a third response from the Lovecraft ezine after querying last month. All three responses were for the same story. In order, I was: rejected and encouraged to submit more work, told it was still under consideration, and rejected rather blatantly.

Blarg.

Adlemons

Registered
Reaction score
4 day rejection from UFO. Nevermind. I'll think up something funnier and tinker with it until it works real good, so that next year it won't be a rejection.
(So much for not doing anything until I finish my exams)

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
12-day form R from F&SF.

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com
32-day personal rejection from Penumbra. I had high hopes for this one (I really thought it fit the theme), but the editor just wasn't sold on it.

JessH

Registered
Reaction score
23-day rejection from On The Premises. But I can pay for a critique! I don't think so. Probably will mess around with it and re-submit.

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
Sai, I was one of the first, if not THE first, to get cut loose after only 52 days. At the time, I thought I was to be pitied above all others. I should have known better. Condolences.

pyragelos

Registered
Reaction score
Commiserations for the recent rejections.
As for me, a very painful 47-day R from Shimmer on a story they had held for further consideration. Even that made me very happy though, as it's one of my dream markets. Well, maybe next time...

renard79

Teacher in Space
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Gah! 54 day personal from FFO - final round, page of feedback. Feel proud to have made it that far my first try with the market, but ouch, this one stings.

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
I got a first round personal R from Waylines at 7-days. They wrote: "It's great fun from start to finish," but the ending "as currently written, is entirely predictable, and fails to deliver the climax of epic magnificence that seems to be promised by the escalating tension that precedes it."

I'm no fan of rejection, but this one feels pretty good. Tomorrow, I'll start on expanding the end and see if I can't make it magnificent.

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry for all the especially painful R's lately... :Hug2:

Melinda Moore

Registered
Reaction score
Gah! 54 day personal from FFO - final round, page of feedback. Feel proud to have made it that far my first try with the market, but ouch, this one stings.

Me too, today! I felt like mine was passed up the ranks with the note "You have to read this because it's so awful." Otherwise I have no idea how it made it out of round one.

I got two other rejections as well this week, all personal. I feel all three are headed for the recycle bin.