NaNo 2012 Word Count Madness!

measure_in_love

escaping the evil queen's curse
Registered
Reaction score
stop making my word counts look pathetic you guys! :p I am jealous of you all.

I come to you with a word count of 9,122 words (some of it written past midnight so now we're on Day 7) despite my lack of sleep the past few days and work. I think it's time for bed so I don't collapse at work.

PS: I am never a coffee drinker, but between NaNo and waking up early for work, and staying there late most days past my scheduled time, I am becoming a coffee addict. Ooops!

frankie say relax

Relaxing :)
Registered
Reaction score
Hey errbody!

I'm late to the party, but wanted to drop in. I need NaNoWriMo buddies to keep me on track. Despite the wine I'm drinking, I'm quite sobered by reading all the numbers in here! I'm a slacker lol

I'm at 7k as of tonight, but I did skip two days (slacker, I'm telling you).

CQuinlan

Registered
Reaction score
19019 words in. This is the first day I've been really good to be honest. I want to keep going! But I'll save that feeling for tomorrow. It's the first day I have managed more than 2,000 words without taking a big break in the middle. New thing learned. Breaks do me no good! I should finish early instead.

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
Reached 14,325 last night, which was better than I'd expected for an early night.

The early morning means I'm one step up from a vegetable today, though. Hopefully I'll wake up enough to get my words in later :)

ShadowFox

Registered
Reaction score
Didn't do any writing yesterday ( mum had a medical emergency) , wrote 2,266 words of nanowrimo (finished writing short story for week plus some on novella) . Hoping to finish novella during rest of week then concentrate on Nanowrimo.

KVL

Registered
Reaction score
London, but I left my heart in San Francisco
Slow person here reporting in with 7200 words :)

Going back to the grind. Hoping the toddler cuts me a bit of slack tomorrow and naps for more than 45 minutes so I can boost word count, but it is what it is :)

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
3,570 written today. I am definitely starting to feel fatigued though...especially because I kinda just wrote myself into a corner. Booo!

Corussa

I fight like a dairy farmer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Made a bit of a push tonight in order to pass 15k, as I had been feeling that I was losing pace a bit.

I heart my outline. My plot would have gone to pieces by now otherwise!

Catalyn

Nano'ing....
Registered
Reaction score
Only 13,565 as of November 7. :(

Was just coming in here with about the same word count as this to jump up and down and celebrate! 13k is an awesome total and still well on track (think my Nano stats project me to finish on 29th Nov).

Just finished writing a scene which worked very nicely and that I'm genuinely proud of, now forcing myself to go to sleep as its 12.30am and I have to be up for work in a few hours....

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Felt the need to write a short story, to get back in the fiction groove.

Ended with about 700 words. Not bad, not bad... Totally different feel to it than the WIP I need to be working on, however. *shrug* It was good to get some words out... Cathartic, even.

Scribhneoir

Reinventing Myself
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Been a little under the weather for the past couple of days, but I got a few hundred words in at lunch time today, for a total of 9,162. Not too far off pace, and I'll be able to bang out some more tonight.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Wrote 5K today (thanks a lot to the write in, where the person with the highest words added during the write in got an Amazon gift card--not me, unfortunately) for a total of 30K.

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
I'm at 18,400. :D

According to my stats, if i keep this up, I'll finish on Nov. 19th. That would be the earliest I've ever finished Nano.

I am so doing this. :D

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
No words since the short story, but I did just play my guitar for 40 minutes... 2 20 minute sessions, actually.

The guitar's been pretty neglected this past month or so, due to Uni homework. It's now smiling from having got a good thrashing. :) (Yes, my guitar is a masochist. :tongue)

Zeprimus

slowly learning about adverbs
Registered
Reaction score
Hey all, new to the thread! Feel free to add me as a buddy on the NaNoWriMo site, 'twdelano' is the username.

Hit 18.5k yesterday, shooting for 20-21k later today and 25k by Friday evening :)

Sarah G

Let me live that fantasy.
Registered
Reaction score
I got up to 18,000 today:hooray:I didn't write yesterday so, it's not too bad;) Plan to write more later but got to go out in a bit for a couple of hours:tongue Also, managed to convince my friend into coming to a write in {even though she doesnt write:roll:} So I might be going to one this Sunday in Doncaster, never been to one before:snoopy:

VeronicaX

Registered
Reaction score
Was just coming in here with about the same word count as this to jump up and down and celebrate! 13k is an awesome total and still well on track (think my Nano stats project me to finish on 29th Nov).

Just finished writing a scene which worked very nicely and that I'm genuinely proud of, now forcing myself to go to sleep as its 12.30am and I have to be up for work in a few hours....

You're right, it is not bad at all and up until yesterday I felt it was pretty good. :) I think my sad smiley come from that I am getting very unsure about my story and that's why I start to type less every day. I've written a couple hundred words so far today (I'll write more) and I think my story has taken a turn I'm not very thrilled about.

Will try to remember how I can change all that in December and I can try to get it back on track now, remain focused and enthusiastic. :)

Good luck to you!

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am getting very unsure about my story and that's why I start to type less every day. I've written a couple hundred words so far today (I'll write more) and I think my story has taken a turn I'm not very thrilled about.

Ahh! I am right there with you. I want to grab my story by the neck and shake it and yell, "What happened?! We were getting along so well, and suddenly you refuse to work with me!! Whaaaiiiiii!" :cry:

Probably why I've been doing nothing today but mooching around eating tortilla chips and shooting dirty looks at the MS Word icon. Nano is making me fat.