aalbc.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinwaynewilliams

Be blunt: I appreciate it
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone had any experience with the "African-American Literary Book Club" at aalbc.com? I can't say that I've had great success with my ad there, but I sprung for one of their paid reviews. Now, as I sit here impatiently for immediate gratification, knowing full-well that the review completion is six weeks out, I realised it would have been smart to ask about them first.

FWIW, I've decided to try promoting my book within some niche communities of interest, seeing as how horror novels featuring a black and Latino cast are few and far between. Any advice about avenues that will allow me to target my marketing is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
I can't help you with that, but I wish you well with it. I've been trying to work my way in with some lesbian bookclubs on the Net (due to the Lindsay/Jo YA novels and the upcoming What She Saw) and I've gotten a generally positive reaction, although some readers did question why a straight guy would be writing lesfic. A couple have been downright hostile, but that's how it goes.

When they ask me why, I say that it's an idea, a story...what else is there in the way of explaining things?

Best of luck with your work, sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.