amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
*Goes to the freezer, pulls out some frozen smibbles, wraps them around chest and collapses onto couch*

This has been a crazy day with in-law drama. Both the kind that annoys/offends me and the kind that worries me. I'm really not in the right state of mind to deal with this but I'll manage.

*sighs* Things should be better in a few days when my hormones get back in order and as my body heals. In the mean time I'm going to cuddle my baby. :)

:Hug2:

Enjoy the baby. Ignore the In-Laws?

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone seen my smibble hybrids? I crossed them with gremlins and vampire demons in the name of science, but then stuck them in the freezer so that they wouldn't kill us all...

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
This has been a crazy day with in-law drama. Both the kind that annoys/offends me and the kind that worries me. I'm really not in the right state of mind to deal with this but I'll manage.

:Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2:

You can't just tell them to cuss off?

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone seen my smibble hybrids? I crossed them with gremlins and vampire demons in the name of science, but then stuck them in the freezer so that they wouldn't kill us all...

*looks down at chest* Um.... Crap. :D

:Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2:

You can't just tell them to cuss off?

Tell them to kiss it, Kricket. Seriously.

My momma bear is all kinds of ugly in the first few days after childbirth. Biological instincts and all that makes me a tad hyperprotective.

I pretty much have but they continue to whine and then things got a little more complicated. They should have thought of the whole when they're coming to visit thing weeks/months ago, but forward planning is waaaay beyond them.

*takes more pain meds* I'm going to go pass out now. See y'all tomorrow! :)

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
And it is the last day of the semester here!

Which shall be followed by several days of grading essays and papers. :e2bummed:

And then a week off! :snoopy:

And then uncertainty over summer employment

Yeah, it's like that.

1) Yay!
2) Ugh!
3) Yay!
4) Good luck!
5) Yep, I get that.

Last night was the second to last class in my Poetry Class from Hell, and the one where they hand out the bubble-sheet teacher evaluations and the professor leaves the room so you can fill 'em out confidentially.

And the handful of us who managed to stick the class out to the end stared at each other, stared at the sheets, and then someone said, "but there isn't an option for trainwreck", and right there we all realized that was exactly what each and every one of us were looking for.

Monday we hand in our portfolios of work, and I could get an A, or an F, and I have no idea. None of us have ever gotten a grade on a single piece of work, no work has ever been returned to us, and at no point have we ever been given a sense of what the professor's expectations from us are, or how we may/may not be meeting them. Awesome.

Also, Zanzjan, you friggen rock :)

What'd I do?

If you ever invent a social-media site called "Haikunet", I'll be your first subscriber.

Now rewrite that post as a haiku.

I would be happy
If there were just such a thing,
but it would distract.

Hmmm. So I finally got a promo but I should have had it back in January. Yay?

Yayish? Did it at least come with $?

*Goes to the freezer, pulls out some frozen smibbles, wraps them around chest and collapses onto couch*

Oooh, right, yes. Try cabbage leafs? You'll smell like cole slaw, though.

Who's made word count progress today? Shame me into work mode, please.

I haven't gotten any writing done, but I packed a few boxes and sent off my novella that got rejected yesterday, and am waiting for a beta reader to get back to me on the last thing I wrote. Does that count for anything?

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
So.... you don't want the link then?

Well, no, certainly not, but if there was a link, you know, and you wanted to post it, just in case someone else asks me about it, I don't see any harm in that. Right?

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Well, no, certainly not, but if there was a link, you know, and you wanted to post it, just in case someone else asks me about it, I don't see any harm in that. Right?

Mmm. That's some mighty fine justification you have there, miss. *tips hat* You take good care of that now, you hear?

*walks off into the sunset, spurs clinking in the dust*

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
1500 on the day. Started slow after 4500 yesterday. Care to race?

Maybe this weekend. I'm working from home tomorrow, but it's because we're having construction done. New ceilings, following the new roof. But Saturday it may be game on!

1100 words on the day and finally crossed the 70k mark.

So, yeah, not bad.

Hell yeah!

I haven't gotten any writing done, but I packed a few boxes and sent off my novella that got rejected yesterday, and am waiting for a beta reader to get back to me on the last thing I wrote. Does that count for anything?

Absolutely. Waiting on feedback always makes me antsy.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Good morning cantinas :Sun:

There is the sound of a nationwide manhunt going on outside.

For some reason I cannot fathom there is no sound coming out of the computer this morning.

:e2coffee: seems to be operating as normal though, and Summer must be over. It's stopped raining.

I seriously need to Beta myself this morning (that's not quite what it sounds like) and catch up on some other reading, and do some more bathroom cupboard, and, and, and...

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
GAIS,

My eyes are leaking of their own accord. My right eye is red, swollen and hurts. My sinuses hurt like the dickens and now my nose is running.

I think I might be sick.

Not sure if I am going to work like this. I don't even think I can get my contacts in and my glasses, well, the frames aren't in any shape to wear more than a few minutes at a time thanks to certain boy child.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
TJ, please take the day off. you won't be able to manage dealing with anyone else like that.

Stay at home, drink tea, relax.

ION, I just met our new next door neighbour. She's a peach. Oooo, squeee! Nice people. Hurrah!

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*looks down at chest* Um.... Crap. :D

:eek:

(taken out of context, my response to your quote is hilariously wrong)

:)

EvilPants is evil again :Jump:

Wait, who is evilPants again? The big bad?

I cant get any overtime this period, so my next paycheck will look average, but I wont have to have worked so hard for it. Woot!

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
GAIS,

My eyes are leaking of their own accord. My right eye is red, swollen and hurts. My sinuses hurt like the dickens and now my nose is running.

I think I might be sick.

Not sure if I am going to work like this. I don't even think I can get my contacts in and my glasses, well, the frames aren't in any shape to wear more than a few minutes at a time thanks to certain boy child.

Stay home. Sleep. :Hug2:

Wait, who is evilPants again? The big bad?

EvilPants is my MMC! :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.