XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dire.

You will have to come watch all the Buffy with me this winter.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Howdy folks. I'm back and fully wedded/honeymooned.

Yay and congratulations! :hooray:

Umm. Didn't Zanzjan also have a story accepted somewhere? Oh heck, the take-away is that Zan is awesome sauce!

I dunno about that first, and I'm certainly dubious of the latter. Sold a story back in early March, but nothing since then. I haven't written in more than a month -- stupid house-buying is eating up all my energy -- and it's making me seriously twitchy.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
I always felt that the image of the grave, under the willow tree, should have been the final word, but they can't keep her running around dusting vampires forever - though the amusing notion came to me that we haven't seen a 70 year old woman as an action hero (well, aside from Stop! Or My Mother Will Shoot, but that was a comedy), so if they keep publishing her adventures we might get there... I doubt anyone would demand that though. Her time will come, or the dollars are gonna flash in the eyes of people who should know better and the reset button will be hit... I know which option I would prefer,

Well, currently she's in a robot and her body is somewhere "safe" Andrew put it. Andrew stole her body.

There's been a hell of a lot of character assassination in the comics. No one wants to see this continue. The end arc of season 8 made plenty wish it would just end and die quietly so we could forget it happened. Not a single character has made logical growth post BTVS ending. The Angel comics got better treatment at IDW, but now he's over at Dark Horse, too....

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
**Warning this is a totally unwriter related rant**

:rant:

My in-laws are freaking retarded! They are coming here this weekend because Baby K is getting blessed on Sunday. We told them weeks before Baby K was even born when this blessing as happening but they didn't even think about until a couple days after he was born.

Now they are on their way. They didn't bother to get a map to figure out where we live and they "tried" to find a motel but couldn't. So now we're trying to find something for them.

And did I mention that most of his family will be here? His parents and 6 siblings. My sister is kind enough to let some of them stay with her, but my in-laws seem hell bent on making this as difficult as possible for us.

I want to do violence to people right now. This is just one of many reasons why I HATE these people. It's amazing to me that such ignorant and self centered could create someone as wonderful as Mr. K.

End :rant:

Sorry guys, I just needed a safe place to vent. Thanks for letting me. Y'all are the best!
:D

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2:

Is their visit at least going to be brief?

Yes just over this weekend. They leave Monday.

And let me just say that it's only the parents that I'm disgusted with right now. I'm actually pretty excited to see my bro & sis-in-laws.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
:Hug2: Kricket! And a :gaah on my behalf.

I'm partially to blame for YAWN, Psycho. :e2bummed:

Zan, I haven't written in at least a month, as well. I am so behind on the W1/S1 stuff. Don't tell the mod.

Parents are in town this weekend. Utterly wiped out, so I'm heading off to bed early.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
oh Kricket! Inlaws and men are the reason I chose to remain a spinster...

*there, there*

I hope everything goes well at the blessing!!

Thanks guys!

And i'm starting to think that you have the right idea Bettie.

and the blessing will be the easy part. :)

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
We're all awesome sauce! Just don't tell the raptors. They might get... ideas.

Thank you! I'm glad to be back, too. :)

Yay on two counts for Zan! Also, yes, raptors thinking of people in the context of any sort of sauce is probably bad! ;)

that is terrible, and I also hope you don't have any trips to the hospital, planned or unplanned!

Yikes! And welcome back!

Thanks, guys! It was an abdominal/gut infection with some talk of, "If this course of anti-biotics doesn't work" and "IV drip", plus some secondary problems about being diabetic and not able to eat at all (although I managed broth, which seems to have been good enough!), plus some other yucky stuff. Too bad I don't seem to have lost more than 5 pounds, though... :roll: ;)

**Warning this is a totally unwriter related rant**

*biiiiiiiiig hugs* I hope the blessing goes well, Kricket! I'm glad they're all there, even if they're currently a pain in the back side. :D I got really lucky with my in-laws, I think. I've decided I'm keeping them even after my ex finally gets his butt in gear and sorts out the divorce. :)

Last edited:

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Morning cantinas :Sun:

Raises hand as being the other person partially responsible for YAWN, it seemed like such a good idea at the time.

I have to hobble off to the library this morning to pick up three books. There are lots of little libraries in this town (saves them having to build a whole great big one, and slightly easier on patrons like me), and I ordered three books from three separate libraries thinking 'ah, they'll take ages to turn up and they'll appear one at a time', the great reading god, what would that be? The Great Librarian? Anyway, whomsoever decided that they would all turn up at once. I shall have square eyes or something.

Hmm, weddings and in-laws. Think I'll pass. All that twiddling about, no thanks, and for the record, I don't do dresses. At all.

Must go and make bread before going to library.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Dire.

You will have to come watch all the Buffy with me this winter.

I've not watched any Buffy either, except for the original feature film (with Kirsty Swanson playing Buffy.

Will I be allowed to enter the Cantina now, and will you still talk to me?

And welcome back, Psycho!

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
I dunno about that first, and I'm certainly dubious of the latter. Sold a story back in early March, but nothing since then. I haven't written in more than a month -- stupid house-buying is eating up all my energy -- and it's making me seriously twitchy.

Well, you did come joint first in the Interzone readers' poll for stories published last year...

I'm confined to my flat (apart from trips into Aldershot town centre for shopping) this weekend - trying to clear some review DVDs so I will have none left! For a few weeks, anyway. Two Dickens adaptations, one from the 30s and the other from the 40s.

I've written very little fiction over the last month or so.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Eye, you're also invited over. Plus I owe you an email.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
ah.... early Saturday. Up to edit and write and whatnot. Warm cup of coffee in lilac cup. So lovely out. The occasional sonic reverberation of the BART train....

Caturday-1.jpg

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
What's a BART train?

What was the bad troll doing, Fairy princess?

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
the troll was being stupid, quoting my post and then saying I said things I didn't. I think he's off his meds. And he does this all the time. There were lots more nastier posts than mine, and he tore into me and criticized every little bit of my post. I need to stay out of there. That is all.

/rant.

BART is Bay. Area. Rapid. Transit. Our above ground train-like transportation. It are noisy!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.