Any problems with non-US ISBNs?

afarnam

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ariefarnam.com
This thread has been redirected to http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294798

Read here but if you want to reply, hop on over there. Thanks a lot!

I'm looking into getting ISBNs for my books. I'm an American but a permanent in the Czech Republic, so I think I have the option of getting ISBNs in the US or in the Czech Republic. Of course, in the US this is a corrupt cash cow, so that option is very expensive. The question is whether I will run into problems eventually if my ISBN says the books are officially published in the Czech Republic. If I did that result would legally probably be that I am an American author but a Czech publisher with the same name. My tax issues will be handled in the US and I would like sales in the US to not be considered international sales and thus subject to some sort of international tariffs. Does anyone have any experience with foreign ISBNs in the US, for instance for PoD books or ebooks outside Amazon?

Last edited:

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to close this thread pending review by the room mods as you've started an identical thread in our Self Publishing room which has already attracted some answers, and we prefer not to have duplicate threads here.