• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for six people for a writing group...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vilya

May the way of the hero...
Registered
Reaction score
After the slow and steady decay of the last two writing groups I was in, I am interested in forming an alpha reader group.

What I am looking for is six or seven committed fantasy/sci-fi novelists to post their work on a private blog on a bi-monthly basis. Each post should be between 1,000 and 3,500 words. Each member will be expected to give feedback on all other author's submissions every week.

Anyone who is interested should have a first chapter of a previous work ready to share, and be willing to give an example critique. I'm really trying to put together a group that can stay together. Having people that are fairly close in their writing abilities and depth of feedback makes for a more cohesive group. So please don't be put off by being asked for a submission. I'm not looking for the next rockstar of the writing or editing world. I'm just looking for people who are a good fit.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. If anyone is interested please P.M me so that we can make arrangements to trade submissions.

Note- We have enough people to get started. If you find this post and think you might be interested in joining the group at a later date, feel free to PM me, and I will put your name on a list of alternates. Thank you.

Last edited:

AliceWrites

Writing jazz
Registered
Reaction score
I'd be interested in a private writing group to share work and critique.

Velcro. Had a look at your site. Looks fab, but it's not private at the moment.

Please count me in, whatever is decided. :D

Vilya

Registered
Reaction score
He's going to make a section of it password protected, much like SYW is here.

AliceWrites

Writing jazz
Registered
Reaction score
Ah. That's great. I will message you with a view to signing up.

ajoker

backstab x 2!
Registered
Reaction score
Not sure if you've filled up, but I sent you a message. Sounds like it could be a good group!

Shirokirie

*Leers at you awkwardly*
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'd just like to pop in and say I'm interested. :D

Melanii

Talking Fruit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thestrawberryscribe.wordpress.com
I know you have six people, but I wanted to say this is a great idea that more people should do often. It's like building a small community of trusted writers to read and critique each other's work. ^^

DarthLolita

Razor Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Oh dang. I think I'm too late for this. But either way, I really like the idea of this. I'm a sci-fi and fantasy author too, so if you get another spot to open or have more room, please let me know :)

The Grump

Hates Marketing. Loves Writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mktheodoratus.com
Just wanted to say, I think it's a great way to set up a critique group. Hope you guys have many productive sessions.

Vilya

Registered
Reaction score
As it turns out writing groups take some time to get started. If anyone is seriously interested we have one more slot available. First come first served.

Vilya

Registered
Reaction score
Some slots have opened up, so if anyone else is interested, please PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.