• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Crit/beta for YA contemporary

Status
Not open for further replies.

midazolam

Registered
Reaction score
I know this is a bit of an unconventional request, but I would love for someone (or a couple people) to read the first 30K of this manuscript and let me know what you think. I don't need an in-depth crit (no line edits), but just some general feedback would be really helpful. Even if you read a few pages and quit, that's totally fine - it would help me a lot to know why you quit reading.

Here is the pitch:
When Nate's father is murdered on his high school graduation day, Nate is surprised to find solace in Cass, a mysterious girl from the wrong side of the tracks who teaches him about sacrifice, grief, and survival; but as the investigation into his father's death intensifies, he begins to realize that their first encounter may not have been entirely serendipitous.

PM me or post if you're interested! I'd be happy to swap, but I can't commit to a real in-depth critique. I can comment on big things, though!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.