• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

JDD Media

JenniferDZ

Registered
Reaction score
I never thought of the IRS, but the FBI...really??!! What do we say? I mean, surely the FBI doesn't care that he didn't pay a freelancer. Is the charge fraud?

Jennifer Della'Zanna

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
If everyone contacts the agencies that I've recommended to them, there should be more than enough information and evidence for them to make a case against JDD. Make sure you give them dates, amounts, and names of those who can verify some of what you've encountered along with names of others who have encountered the same problem and encourage the agent to follow up with those other names. If the agents do, they'll discover like I have that there's enough to build a nice strong case against Dinnerman.

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
You're right. I almost forgot about the mail fraud angle since the mails were probably also used, so if any of your correspondence was by mail, also contact the Postal Service.

JenniferDZ

Registered
Reaction score
In his most recent e-mail to me, Joshua invented a new word, and I actually like it!

Deflamatory

Neat, huh? He's now resorted to out and out name-calling. I'm not responding anymore. I'm taking Dave's advice. I hope others do too.

Jennifer Della'Zanna

FraserRonald

Hey All

Located this thread through Angela Hoy's WritersWeekly.com. I registered here just so I could thank you all for the huge, huge amount of laughter. Actually, really I can only thank Joshua for supplying the idiocy that allowed everyone to induce said laughter.

And Jennifer, sleep soundly knowing you are doing the right thing. Everything will work out. I'm a firm believer in karma (and if you need some of mine, I lend it out at very reasonable rates!)

Cheers all.

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
Evidently, JDD is lashing out at anyone he suspects of giving information to P&E. That, in turn, appears to be causing more individuals to contact us, so he's actually doing us a favor here with his petty-minded suspicions and threats by telling everyone not to break their confidentiality agreements since they're now recognizing just what he is.

FraserRonald

JenniferDZ said:
Fraser Ronald, have you had any contact with Joshua?

Hi Jennifer

I haven't had any contact with Joshua or JDD media, but I like to keep abreast of bad people just in case, so I usually check out the warnings and such.

I'll be popping by for updates. I'm sure everything will work out for the best.

Cheers all!

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
Hey, Jennifer!

My check owed to me from that publisher arrived in the mail t'day! :Clap:

I've been waiting for it since October. If the news contacts me about putting him in the "Hall of Shame Ripoff Report", should I still...? What'd you think? Lol...

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
BookCoverDesigner said:
"Arrived" and "cleared" are not the same thing. I'm a cynical soul..LOL

Cathi

Yeah, I'm thinking the same...;)

NicoleJLeBoeuf

a work in progress
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nicolejleboeuf.com
Confidentiality agreements?

And yet, this guy told JDZ that there would be no contract to sign, and that a verbal handshake was good enough for his other writers...

So exactly when did he make people sign confidentiality agreements?

JenniferDZ

Registered
Reaction score
Hooray Celeste! Good for you! I guess I would leave it up to the "Hall of Shame" people. I would explain the situation and see what they say. Like they all said, though, let's see if it clears!

Oh yeah, about the "confidentiality agreement," I was amazed that he would say such a thing! He blasted me for making everything public and cited that we had an agreement to keep everything private, and I quickly stated that we had no agreement of any kind. He twists words around very well, I have to give him that.

You know, I was very happy in my naivete. I don't like becoming cynical.

Jennifer DZ

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
A new response to P&E from Mr. Dinnerman:

I am asking one more time that you stop the negative smearing of me
personally.
I am also interested to understand what writers you have heard from
that feel they were wronged by any publication that I have worked with
and how you know that.
I would naturally want to settle any matters that warrant such.
I do not know what your purpose is but you have me all wrong.All I can
do is ask you to stop and if you choose not to then that illustrates your
intent.
My intent is to do the right thing.
If you know of any writers that have outstanding issues they can
always email directly at [email protected]
I have told Jennifer that I want to pay her bill and a have a few
outstanding questions.I sent payment this week to another writer as
well.So yes we do pay people for their work.
Bottom line is we need to work with writers and want to.
That it is all I can say Dave.By the way how do we reach you.There is
no address or any other standard mailing information on your website
that tells one how to send documents or standard mail.
No need to be secretive I only want to know where to send a certified
letter.You have made some serious claims against me and if you are
so confident that I am wrong then stand up and take our
correspondance.If you have want to hide in Virginia then the lawyers
can research that part of it.
Again I am only trying to understand things,settle any issues and move
on.

P&E's response is:

Dear Mr. Dinnerman,
P&E's policy is to not give out the identities of anyone sharing a complaint with us. Logically, you should have a list of or correspondence from those writers and others, such as employees or advertisers, whom you owe that you can then contact to resolve your differences. Those parties can then contact P&E when their complaints have been satisfied by you.

As to giving our our own address, we prefer to do our business by email. If you actually intend to take us to court, well, you and your lawyer will just have to do your own research. However, I think your time and efforts will be better applied to resolving the complaints against your firm since P&E has the legal right to voice its opinions in the form of recommendations.

P&E will know that your intentions are good when we hear from satisfied writers that their complaints have been satisfied. As to P&E's intentions, we feel that writers need to know and have a right to know that you have unresolved complaints. Our recommendations will reflect that until positive action is taken on your part to resolve those complaints.

Aconite

Registered
Reaction score
DaveKuzminski said:
A new response to P&E from Mr. Dinnerman:

Don't you just love how he keeps saying what a decent guy he is and punctuating that with threats? *g*

JenniferDZ

Registered
Reaction score
Since I stopped replying to him, he has sent me 2 emails asking how to send payment. I finally told him that Western Union was OK. He also asked about my bill again, saying that he agreed to pay me $75 for one article, and $50 "for the other two" and wanted to know why that added up to $225. I reminded him that I wrote 4 articles in total, and he should check the invoice that I have repeatedly sent him! Finally, he said that I would have to tell everyone that he paid me, which I agreed to, and that I would have to stop spreading all my negative comments. My reply to that was, "I will tell anybody who asks exactly what you put me and others through and recommend that they never do business with you." I wonder what he will say to that? I imagine I'm not getting my payment now...boo hoo.

Jennifer DZ

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
BookCoverDesigner said:
Make sure you keep a copy of that cheque and the date on it AND the envelope it came in...you may need it.

Cathi

Ah, yes! Thanks. I haven't cashed it yet. Was going to go to the store to see if they'd cash it for me today (they usually do), cuz the bank won't be open 'til Tuesday. I didn't even think to do that. I'll do that right now. Thank you!

JenniferDZ

Registered
Reaction score
Calling all experts!

JD has apparently sent me money via Western Union. He sent me two messages. One said that he would not send me any money until I stopped "saying negative things about him," and that he had contacted a "top-notch Internet attorney in your area" who told him that his rights had been "trampled" and he would be pursuing a lawsuit against me. Five hours later, I got a message saying that I had been paid through Western Union, and giving me the number I needed to pick it up. The only caveat he sent in that message was that I had to let everyone know he paid me. What happened in the time between the two messages? If I pick up the money, can I be held to an agreement "not to say anything negative" about him? Can I still go ahead with the FBI claim against him?

Jennifer DZ

Sassenach

5 W's & an H
Registered
Reaction score
BookCoverDesigner said:
Imagine this: A maid is groped by her employer at a hotel, and there are witnesses. ON payday she is told she will not get her salary unless she agrees to never talk about the groping...seem fair?

Cathi

It may be unfair, but it's irrelevant to the matter at hand.

Duncan J Macdonald

Plotting! Not Plodding!
Registered
Reaction score
BookCoverDesigner said:
My meaning is that both people have worked to earn money based on certain agreements or contracts, then both women are wronged and suddenly the employment agreement has been amended to incorporate silence. The money was already earned, the fact the employer didn't hand it over yet doesn't matter, it is no longer the employer's money (if he keeps it, he's stealing)...he can't just keep adding new conditions on.

Cathi
It's still not germane. JenniferDZ's case is a business to business sale, and possible breach of contract. One between peers.
Your example is an employer/employee situation, and has significant subtextual baggage intended to sway the reader.

All IMHO, of course.

Last edited:

JenniferDZ

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, you guys are rough, even to people you like! Remind me not to get on your bad sides!

Jennifer DZ

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
JenniferDZ said:
Wow, you guys are rough, even to people you like! Remind me not to get on your bad sides!

Do you reckon that's why JDD and PA and Stylus and ABPG and, and, and all those others don't like us? ;)

MartyKay

Sockpuppet Hunter
Registered
Reaction score
Website
martykay.blogspot.com
Celeste said:
Ah, yes! Thanks. I haven't cashed it yet. Was going to go to the store to see if they'd cash it for me today (they usually do), cuz the bank won't be open 'til Tuesday. I didn't even think to do that. I'll do that right now. Thank you!

Hmm.. Is writing a cheque when you know it can't be cashed a criminal offence in the states, as it is here in Oz? Soooo... if the cheque bounces...

Duncan J Macdonald

Plotting! Not Plodding!
Registered
Reaction score
MartyKay said:
Hmm.. Is writing a cheque when you know it can't be cashed a criminal offence in the states, as it is here in Oz? Soooo... if the cheque bounces...
Unfortunately, no, all that will happen is that you'll pay a bounced cheque fee. Unless, of course, you are subject to the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ).
UCMJ said:
[size=-1]923a. ART. 123a. MAKING, DRAWING, OR UTTERING CHECK, DRAFT, OR ORDER WITHOUT SUFFICIENT FUNDS[/size]

[size=-1]Any person subject to this chapter who--[/size]
  • [size=-1](1) For the procurement of any article or thing of value, with intent to defraud; or [/size]

[size=-1](2) for the payment of any past due obligation, or for any other purpose, with intent to deceive; makes, draws, utters, or delivers any check, draft, or order for the payment of money upon any bank or other depository, knowing at the time that the maker or drawer has not or will not have sufficient funds in, or credit with, the bank or other depository for the payment of that check, draft, or order in full presentment, shall be punished as a court-martial may direct. The making, drawing, uttering, or delivering by a maker or drawer of a check, draft, or order, payment of which is refused by the drawee because of insufficient funds of the maker or drawer in the drawee's possession or control, is prima facie evidence of his intent to defraud or deceive and of his knowledge of insufficient funds in, or credit with, that bank or other depository, unless the maker or drawer pays the holder the amount due within five days after receiving notice , orally or in writing, that the check, draft, or order was not paid on presentment. in this section the word "credit" means an arrangement or understanding , express or implied, with the bank or other depository for the payment of that check, draft, or order.
  • We now return you to your regularly scheduled JDD discussion.[/size]

Last edited: