Grandma Susie's House of FUNNERS 'N FLOOZIES (Volume V)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Still awake :D but glad to have some company. How's life as a gentleman of leisure, AC?

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What about the leisure part?

Well . . . that part may be partially correct, although the term laziness might be more appropriate.

I do make big, long "to do' lists with good intentions, but then I end up only doing half the things on the list.

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm making an attempt to be more structured. Set grocery days and what not. I think it may help me eat all the time!!!!

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm making an attempt to be more structured. Set grocery days and what not.

I have several things I do like that. For example, I put any bills that arrive in a holder; once a week (Thursday) I pay all bills whether they are actually due right then or not. It's just a little system that makes the task easier.

I used to have a computerized grocery list that was in the same order as the grocery store I go to. It listed 95% of the things I buy every week or every so often. I would just have to check what I needed that week. It helped to make sure I didn't forget something. It irritating to go to the grocery store, then come back home and find out you've forgotten the one thing you absolutely needed (like, say, pie and tuna!).

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have several things I do like that. For example, I put any bills that arrive in a holder; once a week (Thursday) I pay all bills whether they are actually due right then or not. It's just a little system that makes the task easier.

I used to have a computerized grocery list that was in the same order as the grocery store I go to. It listed 95% of the things I buy every week or every so often. I would just have to check what I needed that week. It helped to make sure I didn't forget something. It irritating to go to the grocery store, then come back home and find out you've forgotten the one thing you absolutely needed (like, say, pie and tuna!).

I'm attempting the same thing. Putting as many bills on auto pay as possible, going to the bank more often, having set days to clean certain rooms...

it is like a not so new year's resolution. I call it the, try and keep your sanity so you last till June resolution :D

Silent Rob

Riff-Raff
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just throw all my bills away, which is far less stressful than paying them.

And when a room needs cleaning, I set it on fire.

Problem solved!

ROAR :D

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think you've discovered the perfect solution. When things get bad . . . move to another country!

I'm considering North Korea.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hey, guys. Much appreciation from howie 'n meh. You all rock. We were so scared and thankfully the operation is over. :e2grouphu :Cake:s! Many thx.

:hooray: So happy that all went well, Susie. May the recuperation time be short and easy. :D :e2grouphu

Our cupboard is loaded up with dark and milk chocolate to make cakes, brownies, hot chocolate, truffles, and Valentine's Day candies. All are virtually welcome.

*waits until we're completely welcome* :D

Yea. Java = eek!

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/...sable-java-unless-it-is-absolutely-necessary/

So anyone trying to get you to update Java IS NOT YOUR FRIEND.

Interesting article. It says, "...can allow a remote, unauthenticated attacker to execute..."

So now there are authenticated attackers? :scared:

:D

:hi: Good morning, house of indubitable debtors. :D

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
::stumbles in blearily:: Morning, house of the needs more coffee. :e2coffee: I slept in until 6 this morning! Rare days.

I like Rob's method of dealing with stuff. Rob, how do you suggest we deal with work-type activities that get in the way of real life?

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I believe Rob just beats his furry chest.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
So... when my boss asks me to do something, I should beat my chest? That would be... interesting! :D

Silent Rob

Riff-Raff
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
::stumbles in blearily:: Morning, house of the needs more coffee. :e2coffee: I slept in until 6 this morning! Rare days.

I like Rob's method of dealing with stuff. Rob, how do you suggest we deal with work-type activities that get in the way of real life?

File them!

At the bottom of the ocean!

I believe Rob just beats his furry chest.

Sadly, I think heyjude is going to need to get a whole lot more manly before that option is open to her.

Poor girl.

*capers*

Silent Rob

Riff-Raff
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So... when my boss asks me to do something, I should beat my chest? That would be... interesting! :D

You could try beating their chest instead.

*jazz hands*

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
By the way, I did get a short message from night-flyer on Facebook. I think she's doing okay under the circumstances.

Silent Rob

Riff-Raff
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Do we know that for sure?

Good point, ac!

heyjude? Beat your chest! We're doing an asperiment!

By the way, I did get a short message from night-flyer on Facebook. I think she's doing okay under the circumstances.

Good to hear - hopefully she'll find her way back here before too long.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe I should plan another Bible story for heyjude's Sunday School class.

I could retell the story of Samson and Delilah using action figures! The Incredible Hulk and Barbie would make a good Samson and Delilah. Barbie's dreamhouse could be the Temple of Gaza.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I might beat my chest just to see the looks on my pastors' faces. :D

Maybe I should plan another Bible story for heyjude's Sunday School class.

I could retell the story of Samson and Delilah using action figures! The Incredible Hulk and Barbie would make a good Samson and Delilah. Barbie's dreamhouse could be the Temple of Gaza.

:roll: You could definitely teach these kids a thing or two. They'd be bad things, mind, but I'm not so sure they'd be worse than how I'm doing.

"What did you learn in class today, kiddo?" :eek: Someone fire the teacher!

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have a little stuffed lion. I could use it and a Ken doll to reenact Daniel in the lions den.

Only it might not turn out so well for Daniel this time.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wait until we get to the Tower of BabelFish.

Status
Not open for further replies.