Mellisonant March - 500 words/day, all genres welcome!

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Thanks, Liz. Actually I finally heard back this afternoon, and I start on Wednesday! :partyguy: :snoopy: :hooray:

Now that the weight has been lifted from my shoulders I can concentrate on edits. Phew! Not a lot today, just 2 1/4 chapters, but it's progress. Hopefully I can buckle down tomorrow and get book two done and start book three. The sooner I get my edits and revisions completed, the sooner I can send them off to the publisher and let them start hacking on it.

Good luck and good writing!

BfloGal

Lost in a plot hole
Registered
Reaction score
Website
barbearly.blogspot.com
Enjoy a well-deserved rest, Liz.

I managed to tackle some more plotting today, but no new words. I've enrolled in Camp Nano, too, just to try it for the first time. But I suspect I'll be getting edits soon, so I might be in the same boat.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Congratulations on the job, Ken! :hooray: You've got some well-deserved good stuff going on! (About time. :))

BfloGal, I was going to use Camp NaNo for revisions, but my agent (who was just away for a week, and came back to an overflowing mailbox and a panicked note from me!) probably won't have notes on Book 2 for me by April 1. I could start the third book, I suppose (I have a final scene in my head, and not much else).

But I'm kind of feeling like starting something new. I have a character in the first book that I quite like, but he's not in the others. I've been toying with figuring out what's happening in his little corner. I don't know that I have an actual story idea, but it might be nice to play with the character a little.

Plus this wouldn't be a book that I'm under contract for, so it'd be just for me. Which maybe I need a little of right now, you know?

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
CONGRATS Ken!

BfloGal, hope things work out for you.

Liz, I've done that before. It's fun. :D

Still editing. Seems like it will never end.

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Thanks, Liz and Saoirse, it is about time.

More editing, working on Deadly Storm now. Got word from my new editor last night and she is already loving book one. We will most likely go through 4 rounds of edits, depending on how much she hacks and slashes out. Hoping it won't be a ton, as it could change it too much. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Good luck and good writing!

BfloGal

Lost in a plot hole
Registered
Reaction score
Website
barbearly.blogspot.com
Congrats on the job, Ken! (I missed it last time I posted--probably had AW loaded for a while.)

No new words today. Did some spring cleaning instead.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Excellent forward progress for everyone. :Sun:

Yesterday I got 428 on a children's sermon (which, you know, mystery and courts and intrigue and resurrection and whatnot!) and today 508 on the WIP.

So. Yeah. I hope I don't accidentally read the WIP at Easter and scare the poor kidlets. :tongue

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Ken - Good luck with those edits!

BfloGal - Spring cleaning is good. :D

heyjude - Awesome on the sermon! And yeah, not scaring th kidlets is a good thing.

STILL editing, ugh. I think I'll be at this forever.

asroc

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, you guys are good!

I, on the other hand, haven't really made any progress at all, thanks to the general horribleness of the month. I thought I would at least finish strong today, but that didn't really happen either.

Bah.

ETA: Look at that, a triple-digit post count.

Last edited:

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
We're into April but I'm not a fool.

689 words this morning. Still struggling with this WIP. I have identified a major plot point I have left out of it. I don't really want to scrap it and start over, so I really want to struggle through to the end of the first draft and fix things in the rewrite.

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on the job, Ken!

Fabulous work on all the words, everyone. For March, I completed revisions of my last novel, trimming 10k. I feel like there's another, lighter round in there to smooth a few bits out in the middle, but need distance to see it.

BfloGal

Lost in a plot hole
Registered
Reaction score
Website
barbearly.blogspot.com
I think I completed my March goals. If I recall, I wanted to get the proposal and sample chapters done. Now I'm working on drafting, and anxiously awaiting the April thread. ;)