Bosch (television series, adaptation)

Pyekett

I need no hot / Words.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone watching? Connelly is quite involved.

I know there are variances from the text, but I don't recall well enough to say what. Vietnam was updated for sure.

The jazz is appropriate.

Neegh

Banned
Reaction score
I've only watched 10 mins of the first episode--but it looked okay to me.

Hugh

Registered
Reaction score
In the first episode Bosch has to excuse himself from the coroner's lab so that he can go in the bathroom to put on a display of horror and disgust in private over the vicious death of a crime victim. That didn't match the personality of the Bosch I read about in The Drop (the only book I've read in the series) so I stopped watching.

Pyekett

I need no hot / Words.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think that was supposed to be a reaction to the flashbacks of his abuse as a child. Still more emoting than Bosch-the-text, but I don't think it was a reaction to seeing evil in the world. It was to something personal and buried.

Last edited:

Hugh

Registered
Reaction score
I think that was supposed to be a reaction to the flashbacks of his abuse as a child. Still more emoting than Bosch-the-text, but I don't think it was a reaction to seeing evil in the world. It was to something personal and buried.

I am often left wondering what facial and other non-verbal expressions are trying to communicate to me when I watch television shows or movies. While everyone else seems to get it, I never do. If I had been more familiar with Bosch, perhaps I would have gotten that one. One other minor problem I had with the episode that I watched was Bosch shooting someone in an alley during a rain downpour. In LA, it rarely ever rains. Such a small thing should not cause me to roll my eyes, but I did.

Pyekett

I need no hot / Words.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah. I'm glad to see the story on the screen, and technically I'm interested in how the books are adapted. I think there is more than one storyline being combined. That's interesting.

But something seems a bit off. Can't put my finger on it, just a jarring note here and there.

Coconut

Registered
Reaction score
I'd really like to see some viewing numbers. For now I feel like the show is too police procedural for TV. I feel like people who aren't Connelly fans will just find the show bland. The characters and plot don't have enough spunk, but since it's Amazon, it could last longer than it would on a CBS or NBC. Maybe it'll catch on.

Last edited:

InkStainedWench

It's a dirty job, but...
Registered
Reaction score
Hugh, it rains in L.A. during the rainy season (November - March), or at least it did before the Mega Drought.