Contract requirements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lepplady

Registered
Reaction score
Quick question. Is a publishing contract legal if a publisher refuses to provide a real name, physical address or any contact information besides an email addy in a contract?

What elements are necessary for a publishing contract to be legal and binding?

Thanks for any insights.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Quick question. Is a publishing contract legal if a publisher refuses to provide a real name, physical address or any contact information besides an email addy in a contract?

What elements are necessary for a publishing contract to be legal and binding?

Thanks for any insights.

I feel a sense of deja vu reading this. I wonder why that could be? Let me see....

Here we are. In May of last year you asked an almost identical question, which was then merged with the thread about Silver Fang Publishing / Phoenix Fire Publishing (formerly Mystic Press), and you received a response, too.

Contract question: If a publishing company isn't located at the physical location stated on the contract, is the contract valid, legal and binding?

What is the exact situation? A mailing address and a physical address can legitimately be different if the publisher uses a PO Box or mail drop.

- Victoria

If you want legal advice I urge you to speak to a lawyer. If you want to discuss Silver Fang some more, then do so in the Silver Fang thread. Thanks.

Lepplady

Registered
Reaction score
This was a general question that could pertain to any contract from any publisher. That's why I parked it here instead of the Dark Storm/Silver Fang/Phoenix Fire/Mystic press threat.

Just wondered if a publishing contract has to include the physical contact information of the publisher - or both barties, for that matter - in order for it to be legal.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
This was a general question that could pertain to any contract from any publisher. That's why I parked it here instead of the Dark Storm/Silver Fang/Phoenix Fire/Mystic press threat.

Just wondered if a publishing contract has to include the physical contact information of the publisher - or both barties, for that matter - in order for it to be legal.

But you have already asked the question, and had it answered, in the Silver Fang thread. So you really had no need to ask it again here, even in relation to any other publisher.

Please don't start multiple threads on the same issue.

Locking this.

Status
Not open for further replies.