• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Medallion Press, Inc. / Medallion Media Group

Ms. Jem

Love, Lust and Ghosts
Registered
Reaction score
Website
danitaminnis.com
JanDarby - thanks for the link! I'm new to this and it's great to see the comparisons between the companies.

Memnon624 - Congrats and a question. Considering I am unagented, is there any advice you can pm me in dealing with Medallion should things progress? Thanks for your time :)

Branwyn

Print release:Sept.1,'09
Registered
Reaction score
Submitting question

I'm a bit confused, I have less than a half a brain cell floating around in my pea brain.

I need clarification from someone who's submitted to Medallion. They do not accept queries via e-mail, but they do accept submission packages via e-mail?

Thanks

Sheryl Nantus

Holding out for a Superhero...
Registered
Reaction score
Brownsville, Pennsylvania. Or New Babbage, Second
Website
www.sherylnantus.com
I'm a bit confused, I have less than a half a brain cell floating around in my pea brain.

I need clarification from someone who's submitted to Medallion. They do not accept queries via e-mail, but they do accept submission packages via e-mail?

Thanks

a bit late, but I can confirm that they do accept submission packages via email.

just got a request for my full manuscript yesterday based on a sub package I sent via email, so... it works!

:)

Branwyn

Print release:Sept.1,'09
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. I just received an answer from them yesterday. I've gotta get to my printer, one via snail mail and perhaps an e-mail sub.

MissLadyRae

I vaahnt to suck your blaahd
Registered
Reaction score
a bit late, but I can confirm that they do accept submission packages via email.

just got a request for my full manuscript yesterday based on a sub package I sent via email, so... it works!

Woo hoo!! Congrats Sheryl! Very awesome news! :-D

Sending bunches of positive thoughts your way.

If I may ask, what was the time frame from your sub to their request?

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
I'm just glad the sub quidelines have been modified to reflect an easier route. If this is the same press I think it is, two years ago me and my agent had to jump through some god-awful hoops to submit to this place. A chapter by chapter outline and very extensive marketing campaign. Anybody remember that?

Tri

Sheryl Nantus

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sherylnantus.com
Woo hoo!! Congrats Sheryl! Very awesome news! :-D

Sending bunches of positive thoughts your way.

If I may ask, what was the time frame from your sub to their request?

uh... about a month.

I'm trying not to get too excited.

;)

MissLadyRae

I vaahnt to suck your blaahd
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I know what you mean. But whatever happens, at least you know this is a step in the right direction cause you got something started! :)

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score

I have a silly question to ask:eek: -- but did you have a header/page number on your title page (being that their guidelines state '[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Header on every page containing title, author name, and page number') or only starting page 2.

[/FONT]

Sheryl Nantus

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sherylnantus.com
I have a silly question to ask:eek: -- but did you have a header/page number on your title page (being that their guidelines state '[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Header on every page containing title, author name, and page number') or only starting page 2.[/FONT]

I used the standard format for manuscripts - all the info on the front page (name, address, etc.) and the header on page 2 having the info.

good luck!

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. *fingers crossed*

jkorzenko

Registered
Reaction score
Header starts on Page 1 of the manuscript. Best of luck, Childeroland.

Julie

JJPie

Registered
Reaction score
For Sheryl: Sorry if this is a stupid question, but did you submit with attached files for your e-submission? I couldn't seem to find find info on the site. Thanks!

Anon76

Are we there yet?
Registered
Reaction score
Hold on to your hats. Events are occurring with this house that will probably be discussed here and elsewhere in the near future.

I can't say more at this time, but I would suggest you hold your queries to them for a bit.

Anon76

Are we there yet?
Registered
Reaction score
Cruel? I was thinking more like pointless.

Sorry about that. It was a spur of the moment post before leaving for work. I had no clue exactly what I wanted to say, but I did want to immediately make some kind of warning about querying this publisher based on the past info listed. My bad.

These are facts:

1) Medallion Press is now Medallion Media Group. The three branches are for publishing, movies and music.
2) The business hook-up with IPG has had no major positive effect on distribution, from those authors I spoke to. In fact, the issue of dealing with backcover blurbs and the like became a nightmare.
3) Today, the publisher cut loose some of their long-standing authors with regards to their upcoming releases. The company is paying out the full advance, but will not be publishing the books. Authors are recieving ALL their rights back, including characters used in series.
4) Today, some authors who were to be published in mass market and hard cover were notified that the books will only come out in ebook. Lets just say, thats not going over well.
5) One author in particular was told that the company focus is switching to ebook, rather than print.

So there it is.

xXFireSpiritXx

Killing my darlings...
Registered
Reaction score
hmmm, now I am kind of hoping they don't respond to my submission.