What's the worst song ever?

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
Be specific. He's the Paul Anka of the 00s. What is Bieber's You're Having My Baby?

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
Hotel California by the Eagles is the worst song ever by far!!
I had neighbours who constantly played this, with sound carrying through very thin walls, so I'll +1 this.

wow... this is a tough one. Worst song *ever*? Because that's rather all inclusive. Even worst pop song ever is a tough call (the entire Celine Dion catalogue alone would make for tough choosing). Still...

"It's a small world, after all" which is a close tie with the theme song from "Barney the Purple Dinosaur"
There is nothing wrong with these two songs.

"It's a small world" reminds me of the rapturous experience of being a five year old at Disneyland. <333 (Perks of having grandparents that lived in California. )

Last edited:

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
There is nothing wrong with these two songs.

They're earworms. Songs that get stuck in your head and no matter how hard you try you just can't. stop. thinking. that. song. My radio station plays theme songs during commercial breaks, and Barney's one of them. Believe me, I dive for the "off" button every time I hear the tune start up or else I'm going to have it stuck there for DAYS.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That stupid McCartney or is it Wings song, "Really Having a Wonderful Christmas time..." or whatever the f it's called.

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
They're earworms. Songs that get stuck in your head and no matter how hard you try you just can't. stop. thinking. that. song. My radio station plays theme songs during commercial breaks, and Barney's one of them. Believe me, I dive for the "off" button every time I hear the tune start up or else I'm going to have it stuck there for DAYS.
Oh well The Barney Song reminds me of having cute preschool boys. <3 So they are both happy songs. lol

Hmm Collaborations between Kenny Rodgers and Dolly Parton were pretty horrible. "Islands in the Stream" etc...

Last edited:

Applicious

Registered
Reaction score
Lol, I'm not the best person to ask this question. I personally like Celine Dion, Nickelback, and "Everything is Awesome" from the Lego Movie. XD I also liked Barney as a kid.

Last edited:

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
"Tony Montana" By Future.

My.God. My son plays this when he's cleaning up around the house. It's awful on a level not fit for humanity, but I can't get it out of my head.

Pray for me.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I feel your pain.

Seven-Deuce

Registered
Reaction score
That stupid McCartney or is it Wings song, "Really Having a Wonderful Christmas time..." or whatever the f it's called.

Nooooo!! That line's gonna go through my head over and over for days now! Nooooo!!!

Simply… having… a'wonderful christmas time…

Aaaaaah!!

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
Just came across this. This precedes Snow by seven years but it is among the first examples of French language reggae. It was of course done by an artist who had a knack of avoiding French language genres (kompa, zouk, coldwave) and instead delivering French language versions of English genres. It truly sounds like someone took an occasional weekend in Toronto and listened to the Parachute Club and thought they could make something similar. (Quebec's best answer to the Parachute Club was The Box, imo.) This song was on the Quebec Francophone charts.

Marc Drouin et la Eschalotes - Reggae-doune

Last edited:

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"Hell is for Children" by Pat Benatar

"Up on the Roof" by James Taylor

JBVam

Registered
Reaction score
"It's a small world, after all" which is a close tie with the theme song from "Barney the Purple Dinosaur"

Oh my God, I haaaatttteeee "it's a small world after all". Have you ever sat on the ride at Disney? The most wasted minutes of my life. LOL

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
"You're a Fine Girl Brandy" is on my short list of awful songs, certainly. At least among the ones that were actually popular. Also, that Steven Miller song, "Abracadabra." Catchy tune, but the lyrics. Ugh.

Taylor Harbin

Power to the pen!
Registered
Reaction score
I've got several that I'd like to nominate:

1. Come Together: It's not a good song at all! Probably the worst Beatles song of all time, but it gets SO much airtime on classic rock radio stations! It only got popular because of its peace movement lyrics (which make NO SENSE outside of their context).

2. Friday: by Rebecca Black...need I say more?

3. Any Country Song That Mentions Trucks, Painted-On Jeans, and features electric guitar and was written after Johnny Cash died: It's not country anymore

4. Sweet Home Alabama: overplayed like nobody's business

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know why but I absolutely hate the song Pump Up the Jam.

Pony.

Aspiring supervillain
Registered
Reaction score
The night chicago died by paper tiger.
----shudder----

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
"You're a Fine Girl Brandy" is on my short list of awful songs, certainly.

Say it ain't so, Roxx! Say it isn't so!!! :e2bummed:

I've loved "Brandy" ever since I was in 4th grade, when it came roaring out of the speaker on my little transistor radio. It's one of my all-time favorite "beer bottle microphone" songs, possibly my very very favorite beer bottle microphone tune. :Thumbs:

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
'I'm blue, za-ba-dee, za-ba-doo.'

Even if you don't know the song you've got to admit that sounds terrible.

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
Oh yeah...I forgot to vote. I was too busy thinking about how Brandy's eyes could steal a sailor from the sea.

The worst song I've ever heard is "All About That Bass".

Chrissy

Bright and Early for the Daily Race
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"I crashed my car into a bridge... I don't care... I love it."

*nods*

Nasty Girl by Destiny's Child.

Nasty, put some clothes on... Really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4Gc7L2e544
"Don't leave the house without your clothes on..."

Well, I suppose that's good advice...

I loathe John Legend's All of Me, which is still playing on the radio. Huge hit, unfathomably. The chord progressions are grating to me. They made an "upbeat" version, too. Yeah no.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Say it ain't so, Roxx! Say it isn't so!!! :e2bummed:

I've loved "Brandy" ever since I was in 4th grade, when it came roaring out of the speaker on my little transistor radio. It's one of my all-time favorite "beer bottle microphone" songs, possibly my very very favorite beer bottle microphone tune. :Thumbs:

One person's trash is another person's treasure :greenie

"Physical" by Olivia Newton John always set my teeth on edge, though maybe that's because everyone thought it was such a good idea for workout tapes and aerobic dance classes back in the 80s.

But OMG, "The Christmas Shoes." Need a barf smiley for that one. Maybe that means I'm a scrooge.

Last edited:

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
"I crashed my car into a bridge... I don't care... I love it."

*nods*

Yeah. that's maybe my least favorite line, and I'm spoiled for choice in that song. The bouncy tune bugs me (I'm not a fan of bubble gum-y pop music), but I could maybe shrug that off. It's the lyrics that make me crazy.

Icona Pop said:
You're on a different road, I'm in the milky way
You want me down on earth, but I am up in space
You're so damn hard to please, we gotta kill this switch
You're from the 70's, but I'm a 90's bitch

I love it, I love it.

Can we mix our metaphors any further? I think not. And WTF is it she loves, anyway? Frankly, I don't care.

Last edited: