• Basic Writing questions is not a crit forum. All crits belong in Share Your Work

The Fiction Writer's Virtual Toolbox - 150+ links to writing craft and business resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRVogt

takin' the world by storm...one raindrop at a time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.JRVogt.com
Reactions: capricornair

kadurj

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you soooooooo much! There are many sites in which you lose yourself easily and go with one click to another and another yet never get what you really want.

CHEERS!

LaneHeymont

Not so secret agent
Registered
Reaction score
If anyone's interested, I recently compiled many of the links and websites which I've collected and bookmarked over the years of pursuing publication. Everything from outlining a novel idea to revising a story to worldbuilding in sci-fi/fantasy settings, as well as writing query letters, formatting manuscripts and getting an agent. These links have been sorted out and are all available through the Fiction Writer's Virtual Toolbox on my site.

These links are ones I feel can be helpful to writers at any stage in their career, whether just starting out with some basic questions, or looking ten years down the road. I hope people find some good resources through this. Thanks!

Oh, and if you have any suggestions on other tools that could be added to the mix, please let me know.

Totally awesome! =)

CH1

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, this is an excellent share.

Dungle

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, there is a fair few links there. It also looks like a whole lotta rules of writing too! How daunting haha

Little Ming

Registered
Reaction score
This is what I get for ignoring all the stickies at the top of the page...

Great, another website to waste my time on instead of writing. I hope you're happy.

Also, thanks. :tongue

Latina Bunny

Lover of Contemporary/Fantasy Romance (she/her)
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the totally awesome link! :)

I have learned a lot from it. :D

Barbara R.

Old Hand in the Biz
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbararogan.com
What a terrific resource! I've bookmarked it and will add to the list of recommended sites I give my writing students.

I'd like to respectfully suggest one addition. I have articles on my websites that many writers have found useful : one on the writer-agent relationship and one on Query Letters that Work . Having been an editor and agent for many years, as well as the author of 8 novels, I've seen the publishing world from many angles; hence those pieces.

Thanks again for assembling that great list. I'm way behind on updating my site, but will add a link when I do.

Kamina

A Man's Man
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, this is very helpful. Having no experience in the published world, I didn't think I would find a way to have the process broken down.

JRVogt

takin' the world by storm...one raindrop at a time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.JRVogt.com
I'm glad this has been an ongoing resource for folks. I'm also compiling some more active resources and tools for writers at Write-Strong.com, if anyone is interested!

MostlyMisha

Just starting out~
Registered
Reaction score
Absolutely wonderful sites, thank you so much for sharing! It's nice to see something for everyone no matter what stage they're at in their writing, thanks again!

DMac

Registered
Reaction score
:rant:Oh thank you very much mister. Here I was, happy in my ignorance and you had to go and show me how much I don’t know. :)Wha:Maybe that’s why I failed English the first time.) Well I hope you’re happy now, I’m gonna have to *gulp* learn something. (Maybe it would help tighten up some issues with my first book.) Then you have the audacity to point out links to writing synopsis and query letters, like I don’t know how. (Well, I did get rejected three times by two agents.) I just really don’t know what to say except,

Thanks a lot for your time and effort. It will be an invaluable resource.

Status
Not open for further replies.