Status
Not open for further replies.

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
Hi Houndies! It's my day off. Last night I got home and once again the circus freaks unplugged me and because it was so late didn't answer phone. But they got the message and late this morning plugged me back in. So, today is catch-up day. Lots and lots to do! Last night my head was spinning with stuff to write and I can't wait until I can get through chores to get on it.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh--I LOVE those days, Ted. When you just wake with all that writing enthusiasm! Grab it. Exploit it. ;)

I've had too few of those days lately. :e2bummed: Yesterday was a disaster. I worked and worked on a dystopian short that ended up just sucking ass too much to go any further with it. Jumped ship for a little contemporary fantasy piece and was a *little* happier.

Today I have a sick kid and loooong periods of time at the doctor's office. Joy. Then there's errands and chores for most of the rest of the day. More joy. :rolleyes:

Tomorrow. Tomorrow I'll get more done.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Just make sure to haul the ideas out of the notebook from time to time.

So that you don't end up like me. I've literally got things in the notebook from over 10 years ago. Of course, I like to think these things are just waiting for the right moment/story.

But the truth is I kind of forget about them until I flip through the pages again

That's why I write mine down in that notebook thingie. I hauled it out and started outlining a new novel last night. That outline's at just over a thousand words now (with plans to add another thousand on it this evening.

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I love notecards, even more. It sounds dumb, but they're just big enough for that three minute writing spree while waiting in line, and small enough you won't feel bad for filling it.

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
They stack up quickly into a real story, too, when you start putting them together. Always makes me feel accomplished and awesome.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
I never even thought about note cards for actual scribbling. I've used them to plot, but never quite like that.

What's up, Hounds? It's been a . . . weird day. And I can't even fully put my finger on why.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I never even thought about note cards for actual scribbling. I've used them to plot, but never quite like that.
Well, they're a little neater to keep track of. Easier than my previous method: ziploc bags full of scribbles on the backs of receipts, church offering envelopes, napkins and flyers the kids bring home in their backpacks. :tongue

Weirdly productive day for me actually. I don't know how I managed to get all that I did done. :Shrug:

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Heh. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who's written on the backs of receipts. Although notebook is my preferred method for scribbling, sometimes you just gotta go with what's there.

ASC McLaren

Intended for mature audiences
Registered
Reaction score
Oh--I LOVE those days, Ted. When you just wake with all that writing enthusiasm! Grab it. Exploit it. ;)

I've had too few of those days lately. :e2bummed: Yesterday was a disaster. I worked and worked on a dystopian short that ended up just sucking ass too much to go any further with it. Jumped ship for a little contemporary fantasy piece and was a *little* happier.

Today I have a sick kid and loooong periods of time at the doctor's office. Joy. Then there's errands and chores for most of the rest of the day. More joy. :rolleyes:

Tomorrow. Tomorrow I'll get more done.
I haven't had any of those days lately. Just one question, Soapy: You stopped writing a dystopian short because of ass sucking?

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
hmm...I had a day off and didn't get anything done. *sigh*

howdy hounds. :)

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
oh good, at least you're keeping busy. :D

I am not making a video and quit petting my tail, you're drooling on it. It doesn't taste like chicken. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.