Cowboy hats

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
Cool page, Jonah.

My personal choice is the second down on the left. They call it a Texano. I have one in black felt and one in brown leather. The leather one is hot hot hot. Your head sweats a ton.

MM

I've had three leather hats of one kind or another. They just aren't made to wear in summer. It's unbelievable how much your head sweats when wearing one of these things in hot weather.

FantasticF

Going Ham
Registered
Reaction score
I like to get straight to the point for the most part with stuff like this.

I don't do Westerns at all but I'd imagine that I would just call it "his hat."

If we know it's a Western and we know he's a cowboy, it's okay to call it a hat in my book.

Unless there is something special about it, I think this is the route I would take.

And besides all of that, it forces the reader to use their imagination even more than they already are.

Last edited:

sunandshadow

Impractical Fantasy Animal
Registered
Reaction score
Website
home.comcast.net
Cool page, Jonah.

My personal choice is the second down on the left. They call it a Texano. I have one in black felt and one in brown leather. The leather one is hot hot hot. Your head sweats a ton.

MM
My housemate has a leather one also, (Like the Stevens in the picture, with a wired brim) and it's his winter hat because it is so warm. Rather heavy too.

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
A popular hat used by authorities (police, sheriffs and mounties) in Western Canada that resembles the cowboy hat is what is known as a campaign hat. A cowboy in Canada might wear this one or they may wear a Calgary cowboy hat as shown in the diagram.