Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'll update tomorrow. Interesting idea, Wayne :D

Broadswordbabe

I'd rather be a cat.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gaiesebold.com
I did a vigorous session of martial arts practice in the back garden with a friend.

We severely damaged a fairly large buddleia in the process, but the noisy idiots upstairs, who just happened to be having a good oggle out of the window that particular afternoon, went all quiet. For months.

Seriously, I wish you and your aunt the best of luck. These people sound like a right royal pain.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I say call the landscaping company now and tell them that they should know that they are NOT ALLOWED to park in your driveway. Don't deal with the fucktwits next door...go right to the landscaping company. If you say no to them now, they won't do it. Period.

Angie

Shaddup and lemme think.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tranquiligeek.com
Yeah, I'm with Kevin on this one. The landscapers, in their line of work, know all about liability and won't want any potential bad press for misusing anyone's property. Problem solved.

SWest

In the garden...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
If your neighbors give you any more grief concerning demands on your property, have a lawyer send them a cease and desist letter. Any letter sent from a lawyer usually gets a person's attention. Our lawyer told us just to send our neighbor, who was dumping her tree cuttings, plant material, and dirty cat box litter on our property, a letter with his name cc'd in. Once they know you have legal representation, they usually back off.

I say call the landscaping company now and tell them that they should know that they are NOT ALLOWED to park in your driveway. Don't deal with the fucktwits next door...go right to the landscaping company. If you say no to them now, they won't do it. Period.

What. They. Said.

Sorry you have to bite this bear...

:Hug2:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We moved the car to the end of the driveway. I'll let you know what happens

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Good lord, talk about balls. That's just rude beyond reason. The stupid thing is that if people would be really nice and actually ask politely about things like this rather than assuming the whole world revolved around them, things would be a lot nicer.

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad my neighbors are all a half-mile away. This makes me even more appreciative.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Find a bullet, preferably from an AK-47. If the neighbors get leathery with you, toss the bullet to them and say, "Mess with my property again and the next one will be coming a hell of a lot faster."

or

"Mess with my property again and you better be able to run faster than 710 meters per second*"

*muzzle velocity of AK-47.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
That's total bullshit about the parking thing. I can't believe that anyone would try crap like that. You're not alone in having shitty neighbors. I have a couple that I would like to see fall of the end of the earth.

kct webber

Squirrel, Sekrit type, 1 ea.
Registered
Reaction score
I have neighbors that are generally very quiet, and when they do talk to me, they're quite polite. I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that about once every two weeks or so, I come out of the house on my way to the range with these strapped all over me:

Edit: Way too huge pics of an AR-15, a Browning High-power 9mm, a 7mm Scoped Rifle, a 308 Scoped Rifle.

But I don't think it has anything to do with it, personally. *shrugs*

Last edited:

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
I will be moving our car to the end of our driveway tomorrow morning, thus blocking any access to it.
I had to do this when we moved into this house where my parents have lived for decades. The neighbor, Mr.Manly-Man, insisted that our driveway was his to use, even after my father showed him the survey. The driveways are side-by-side. He wanted heavy trucks to use our driveway when work was to be done.

I finally just kept parking my car at the end of our driveway, blocking it. He got the hint. Next step was the police.

Legally, it's your aunt's property, not the neighbor's.

Button

Resident in Question
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.calissaleigh.com
Wow.

*sits on the update couch with everyone else*

I'd have blocked the driveway, too. With a sign: Quarantine. Deadly Diseases on this Property