Braggage III

Brandon M Johnson

hard at work
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on the sale to Apex, Ojcade. That's a big market and your story sounds interesting.

Congrats on the DSF sale, Sai. I can't wait to see it in my inbox.

I also had a bit of good news today. The Write Well, Write to Sell blog, which is run by the Silver Pen group that I made my first sale to, wants to run one of my essays.

P.S.
Silver Blade has been sending out a lot of rejections lately, so if you've had a sub there for a while, watch your inbox.

Witch_turtle

hanging around for a spell
Registered
Reaction score
I've apparently already reached my 2014 goal of doubling the number of fiction sales I got in 2013! I just got an acceptance from Phobos for their "Emergence" issue! I owe it partially to Sai, as I hadn't heard about the market before she mentioned it here a while back. :D I also got an acceptance from The Misfit a couple of weeks ago, though I haven't gotten contract details yet.

Congrats to everyone on all the acceptances lately! I only pop in here from time to time, and I was pleasantly surprised to see how many there have been since the last time I visited :)

Aislinn

Head down
Registered
Reaction score
That's great, Witch Turtle! We're going to be ToC mates :D!

Was that an announcement or did I miss this earlier?! Either way, congrats, and congrats also on the DSF sale. Sai, you're on fire at the moment!! :partyguy:

Congrats also Witch Turtle, OJ Cade and Marzioli, and Brandon on the essay sale. It's hard to keep up with this thread, in the best kind of way! :D

Batspan

My Religion is kindness -Dalai Lama
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bathughes.wordpress.com
Marzioli -- You are in fine company in A Dark Fantastique! Stunning cover, too.

Congrats all -- wonderful to see so many of you forthcoming in some of my favorite venues.

Brandon -- kudos on the forthcoming essay.

Last edited:

Project Deadlight

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to all the great sales on here!

I randomly got interviewed for Writers' F0rum magazine here in the UK, which I didn't realise was a huge deal. It's about my opinions on DT and The Grinder, and I basically repeated what I said on my blog at the time, but it's nice exposure, even if the picture of me isn't great .

Also, I got an offer of rep from an agent.

Aislinn

Head down
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to all the great sales on here!

I randomly got interviewed for Writers' F0rum magazine here in the UK, which I didn't realise was a huge deal. It's about my opinions on DT and The Grinder, and I basically repeated what I said on my blog at the time, but it's nice exposure, even if the picture of me isn't great .

Also, I got an offer of rep from an agent.

:partyguy::snoopy::Sun::hooray::snoopy::partyguy:

Batspan

My Religion is kindness -Dalai Lama
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bathughes.wordpress.com
Melinda -- That's great! Glad you get to be part of Kazka again before it ends.

PD: Double congrats. You're your own publicist. Let us know how it goes with the rep offer. That's excellent.

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on the recent successes -- this thread is popping!

Lots of DSF-related news for me:

"How Earth Narrowly Escaped an Invasion from Space" was sent out by DSF a couple of days ago. This is a humor piece and exactly the sort of thing I love to write. It will be up on their web site on Tuesday.

DSF also accepted my 2200-word story "Icarus Falls." This is my 10th sale to DSF, but only the 2nd "Friday story" they've accepted from me.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Man, you guys are impossible to keep up with! Congrats all around, and great work! :)

Aislinn

Head down
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Alex. 'Only' the second long story they've accepted? Lol. You slacker!

I got an acceptance from EDF for a newly revised older story. Happy about that :)

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, this thread has really moved since I last looked at it and I've missed a lot of Braggage. Congratulations Marz on the Apex sale! (And your anthology news.) Awesome! And, Sai and Alex for more DSF, and Brandon for your essay. And congrats Aislinn for EDF - can't wait to read it and seeing the comments below will be fun. They are a good market with wide readership.

And Project Deadlight - that is so exciting about your offer of a rep. I hope it's an agent you like - is it the one that invited you for a meeting? Wonder if any more offers will be forthcoming from (presumably) that book?