• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Journal] Salt Hill

Cyyschn

I picked up issue sixteen from B&N last night and I really love it and it's the sort of writing I do and I think I have a chance to get something published in it. Does anyone know anything about them? What they pay or what the general response time is?

Thanks,
Cyyschn

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
The Salt Hill Journal

http://students.syr.edu/salthill/

“Salt Hill is published by a group of writers affiliated with the Creative Writing Program at Syracuse University. Salt Hill is funded in part by the College of Arts & Sciences and the Graduate Student Organization of Syracuse University.”

Outside submissions are welcome. No mention of payment.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Salt Hill was last at: http://salthilljournal.com/ There's recent grumbling about who forgot to renew the domain, so I expect it'll be back up soon.

Salt Hill

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.salthilljournal.org
Salt Hill Lives!

We are alive and well and continuously publishing and actively seeking submissions and all that.

The best way to find us is at: http://www.salthilljournal.com/

We're still pretty old-fashioned and like reading stories and poems on actual paper, but the website is slowly evolving into a circa-2001 modernity. Samples from our recently-released Issue 20 will be posted soon, but if you're interested in submitting, we highly recommend picking up a copy of a current or back issue--it's hard to show an aesthetic or what we think is "good" with a handful of samples.

As noted by earlier posters, outside submissions are very very welcome. We pay in contributor copies and personal satisfaction.

lostlore

Registered
Reaction score
You used to have complete back issues available online. I think they were PDFs, they looked great. What happened, why'd they come down?

Salt Hill

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.salthilljournal.org
You used to have complete back issues available online. I think they were PDFs, they looked great. What happened, why'd they come down?

Those old back issues were a nice feature, but were pretty out-of-date. We still post sample work from the current issue on our redesigned site. Better yet, we now offer back issues at a discount--you can get the current issue and two back issues for only $12, which is 50% off the cover price.

Issue 23 just came out and features interviews with Mary Gaitskill and Terrance Hayes, poetry from Denise Duhamel and Maurice Kilwein Guevara, an awesome art section, and a full-length novella from Stephan Clark.

Come check out Salt Hill Journal's website

Or join us on Facebook!