XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not a fan of zucchini anything, to tell the truth. My in-laws are obsessed with the stuff and always grow too much so they're always coming up with some zucchini something.

Dire. More for me. I'll definitely be growing 'too much'.

mmm. donuts. I'm a donut zombie.

'Tis very rainy here today. And I couldn't sleep last night. So I'm pouring coffee into me and getting my butt in gear.

It was sunny here most the day but the air and sky are ominous. Keep your poo weather to yourself!

At least it's warm out.

234 for me so far. Words, not bananas, doughnuts or zucchini. Hmm, 234 zucchini. The mind boggles.

That's a lot. I now plan to count my harvest to see how I do at the end of the season. My goal now is to beat 234 summer squash. Bwah ha ha. ...anyone have recipes calling for dehydrated squash?!

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
My goal now is to beat 234 summer squash. Bwah ha ha. ...anyone have recipes calling for dehydrated squash?!
Not yet, but I'm working on it. I wonder if I can dehydrate carrots, then we could swap.

Anyone remember that conversation we were having about the possibilities of finishing your TBR pile? I realised something just now. I own the Project Gutenberg 10,000 books DVD from the days when I used to help out. Even if I did manage one book a day, that's still over 27 years worth of reading. There is no physical way I'm going to manage to read it. So I don't even need to try and finish my pile. It's impossible. What a relief.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
"...like a knight in shining armor, from a long time ago...~"

I love this song a ridiculous amount. *hits repeat on youtube*

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
In the beginning, there was the multi-quote

Hubby horrified me with this. Now I must horrify all of you.

God... It's like you went into my head and pulled out my worst nightmare! Srsly, I have nightmares about giant albino sp*ders about once a week. Now they're going to be about tiny ones getting into ALL the places.

I call evil on your hubby.

A good start to wiping out Tiffer's link! Thank you!

andbythewayIsoldanotherstory

:yessmiley Awesome magazine, too! Well done!

Novels, shorts, whatever. I'm good. I have very little stuff that has been published in the last, oh, 20 years. Nearly all of it is older. I'll check to see if I still have an active Good Reads account if anyone is interested or wants to see my collection to get an idea of what I like.

I've really enjoyed Kim Harrison's The Hollows series (Dead Witch Walking is the first book in the series) and I love the Rogue Mage series (starts with Bloodring) by Faith Hunter. The Queen Betsy books by MaryJanice Davidson are good light reading (Undead and Unwed is the first book), although they're now getting a bit dark and interesting and mysterious (a good thing!). She also did a werewolf book, Derik's Bane, I think it was, that was quite good fun. She does have a very Valley Girl voice, though, so steer clear if that disturbs you! ;) I've also really enjoyed the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews (Magic Bites) and the Kitty Norville books by Carrie Vaughn are just brilliant (Kitty and the Midnight Hour). Then there's Charlaine Harris's Sookie Stackhouse books and ... Darn... I can't remember the main character, but they're also by Charlaine Harris. I think the first book is called Grave Serets, about a medium who's also a detective (if I remember rightly). Kay Hooper also does some paranormal-based mysteries.

That's all I an think of off the top of my head... Sorry. :(

<---- vastly discouraged today.

I was going to try to encourage you, but CM's puppy picture drove everything I was going to say right out of my head! Here's a hug instead :Hug2:

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score

Crap! Now Im going to look like a hopeless geek. An OLD one. Because that song was my and my husband's "song" when we were dating.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

I'm going to file this under "Tiffer's guilty pleasure" and not let it affect my otherwise heretofore stellar opinion of you.

:Wha:

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I'm currently listening to the Pittsburgh Police scanner as they deal with a deadly shooting at Western Psychiatric Hospital. :(

Thankfully, my friend who occasionally works there isn't there today. But if you could spare some thoughts and/or prayers for the folks caught up in the event, please do.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm currently listening to the Pittsburgh Police scanner as they deal with a deadly shooting at Western Psychiatric Hospital. :(

Thankfully, my friend who occasionally works there isn't there today. But if you could spare some thoughts and/or prayers for the folks caught up in the event, please do.

:( I just heard about that on the radio. Glad you're not there, nor your friend. They think the shooter is dead.

In lighter talk, I dont see why carrots wouldnt dehydrate well. I eat lots of exotic root chips, which are barely different (albeight moar fattening). I know bird food sometimes has dried carrot slivers...

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Looks like the situation is under control. Two people dead, including the shooter (who died in a shoot-out with a Univ. of Pittsburgh cop) and seven people wounded.

It's just kind of chaos down there now. The area is part of the University of Pittsburgh campus (thankfully, on break this week) and there are nearby schools (both public and private) and medical buildings.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Well. I did indeed have to go home sick from work yesterday. I had a horrible flu spat.... the vomiting only lasted for about 6 hours... sigh. I finally got to sleep at 5 am this morning and then slept till noon.

I feel like I've been beaten.

I have no idea about the When, and probably won't for a few months. The story is called "Adware", and though I can't claim to know squat about the availability of US magazines in Japan, it's a reasonable-sized publication, so you might be able to find it.

holy crap, girl, you don't whisper that, you put on a red skirt and beat your chest, shouting THIS IS SPARTA! and then you tell everyone where you pubb'd.

oh noes...I'm glad your friend wasn't there.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
By bird food I meant fancy parrot food, though I bet certain fancy wild bird mixes may as well.

Gentle hugs Bettie. Being sick sucks.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Being sick does suck. So here is a :Hug2:. Hope it helps.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, geez, Amergina, that's so scary.

And I'm...so...sleepy...

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score

How scary. :( I'm really glad that your friend wasn't working today.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Well. I did indeed have to go home sick from work yesterday. I had a horrible flu spat.... the vomiting only lasted for about 6 hours... sigh. I finally got to sleep at 5 am this morning and then slept till noon.

Vomiting is the worst. :( *hugs

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
I have been at the airport for five hours now. Two more until the new departure time.

Airport lessons:

1. The international terminals make for the best people watching. It's like a character farm. I saw four or five people who should be in books. Maybe my books. I don't know. French guy with handlebar mustache, I'm looking at you.

2. Reading when there are 60+ people waiting for standby flights is near impossible. Particularly when one makes the mistake leaving her ereaders at home and has only PNR novels.

3. After several hours of delayed flights, men think it's OK to comment on my reading material. This one hasn't happened before, so I'm connecting it with the epic delays.

4. Say you fly 40K miles a year. (Oh, me!) The airline doesn't care. Subtext of conversations: Fly at least 50K a year and we'll care.

5. Lots of people try to get through TSA with weapons. They're all pocket knives and the like. This was disappointing because TSA really didn't care. Just took it away and sent them through again. Good for other people, bad for my voyeuristic nature.

6. My O'Hare terminal does not have free WiFi. Best seven bucks I've spent all day.

Last edited:

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
My very favorite people-watching experience happened in an international terminal (here). Dude came in in Wranglers, with cowboy boots and a cowboy hat. Leaned back against a glass case holding a standing, full-size taxidermied Grizzly, and started whistling Desperado.

What are the people saying about your books? I've had people look, or lean over and try to read with me, but never comment.

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
Someone actually asked if I only read books with half-naked men on them. (I have Nalini Singh's Archangel's Blade with me.)

Also, Grizzy guy is good. Very good.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Someone actually asked if I only read books with half-naked men on them. (I have Nalini Singh's Archangel's Blade with me.)

Also, Grizzy guy is good. Very good.

Did you tell them yes, but when you're in public you make sure it's only the top half? :)

My brain is telling me someone once asked about the PR/UF anthology 0n The Pr0wl. I can't remember if it was something about the title or the cover? There may have been some leopard print on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.