Space Marine and Dragonwrangler Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
The BBC's website, has several examples of radio scripts to download, along with a guide to what notation should be included for sounds, music, and so on (I'm gonna have to dig through the site to find where I saw that though). Oh, and there are a few people on AW who have produced audio drama.

Hmm... oh Junely? Could you please sprinkle me with knowledge from your mighty brain?

129030333240865561.jpg

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
I went to the library. I got a biography of Syd Barret. There's nothing like making life weider huh?

Also I got cheese and biscuits and cake and crisps and now I'm this round :e2arms:

But I don't care.

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
Friday... and I'm sitting in the dark with orange juice, writing fanfiction and listening to my mum's music from downstairs.

Yup, my life is totally going in the right direction.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Why is your face being attacked by a mass of rabid marshmallow fluff??

Punishment. Very cruel and unusual punishment...

Friday... and I'm sitting in the dark with orange juice, writing fanfiction and listening to my mum's music from downstairs.

Yup, my life is totally going in the right direction.

:popcorn:

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm... oh Junely? Could you please sprinkle me with knowledge from your mighty brain?

What do you want to know? I can send you a sample script, so you can get an idea of what one looks like. The BBC format is very specific to the BBC, which is great and all that. But the amateur audio dramas out there aren't usually that formal.

The fact is, any story you can write normally, you could write as an audio drama, mostly. The trick is that there are no pictures, and you can't really do description. Anything that you would normally convey with description or exposition has to be communicated only by dialogue and sound effects (yes, narration works, too, but I don't like it). This is trickier than it sounds; you have to effectively communicate the images, without the dialogue sounding clunky.

Beyond that, the sky's the limit!

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What do you want to know? I can send you a sample script, so you can get an idea of what one looks like. The BBC format is very specific to the BBC, which is great and all that. But the amateur audio dramas out there aren't usually that formal.

Why is no one asking our resident audio drama expert on this?

A.K.A. Ace.

:D

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
You know, I had to go look through your posts to figure out what BW was talking about.

How many threads did you post this in??

:Wha:

And I prefer a crown roast, myself.

Of course you did.

I wanted to make sure you didn't miss it, I'm considerate that way.

Broil or boiled is fine by me.

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
Sample script you say? Interesting...

ION: I just remembered the penultimate episode of Merlin is on tonight. *squees with joy and goes to watch trailer for 1,897,462nd time*

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
You will be missed Kricket

Thanks!

@ kricket - you'll be missed. Enjoy the holiday. :)

Thanks! :)

Awww, well we'll miss you!

Er... I don't have internet or cable at home. Just a battery-operated radio. What century do I live in? :D

One I am not familiar with. ;)

As long as you have a good time, we'll live.

...so if you don't have a good time, that means that you don't care about our lives. :D

So, um, now I have that pressure to deal with. Thanks. :)

Is that, like, all you eat? Do you just sit around all day and watch us while you eat your weight in popcorn?

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Lil sis asked me to write a letter to Christkind A.K.A Baby Jesus (The cultural Catholic equivalent of Santa Claus)

According to her, since I don't have a job, don't know how to drive a car, watch cartoons, play video games and own collectable action figures and memorabilia, or as she call them "toys", then I'm more than allowed to ask for gifts.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Super geeky dog name brainstorm... GO!

So, again, I have one name: Book, as in Firefly's Shepherd Book. Because it's a German shepherd. Yes.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
I can swallow food! Without screaming! And hot liquids! Tears of joy---> :cry:

You mean all of Canada isn't like this? Huh...

You're getting us mixed up with the Americans again, how can you have universal healthcare without wifi? :tongue

I think she's slightly horrified at my diet.

Only slightly?!*

*Says the gal who ate like 1/10th of her weight in jello yesterday.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Is that middle one the same thing as take out, or is it a specific product?

Take-away is what we call 'take-out' over here.

Take out is usually used over here as in 'I'm taking someone out to lunch', or 'take out the third word in the second sentence'.

Ah! I think I see where this may come from. You have diners over there where you can eat in or take out right? Over here, we have demarcation, so a lot of places just opened up with the idea of removing the food from the premises to eat it, as this requires smaller premises and we used to be a nation of small shop keepers so that was easier to set up. Some places over, you get a queue of five people and the place is full.

That's my theory.

ION, I was watching The Sting. Now I wish I could play the piano ala Scott Joplin.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
*Says the gal who ate like 1/10th of her weight in jello yesterday.

Yes, but you don't do this all the time do you?

In BW's defence I think he may suffer from what Steven Tyler suffers from - a reputation precedes him. Poor old (yes, I said old!) BW can tell us he eats apples for a week and we will ignore this because he's mentioned take-aways and popcorn and chocolate before.

I'll assume only one thing from now on BW, at 35 you're old (yes I used that word again) enough and daft enough to know what's right and wrong to eat. It's your metabolism.

*Eats apple and looks angelic after eating enough calories for two days earlier*

Status
Not open for further replies.