Prayer requests.

D.J.

Registered
Reaction score
Sass, I've prayed for your healing from your past relationship. I've prayed for your husband's understanding and the overal growth of your marriage. I think it sounds like you're on your way to healing because you can recognize and admit when baggage rears its ugly head. We've all been in that situation in one way or another. We just have to keep growing by forgiving others and the part I find the most hard - ourselves. God bless. I think he has good things in store.

Last edited:

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life...26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? (Matthew 6:25-26)

Prayers have been offered for people and animal needs posted here; He cares for all of His creatures! :) (And, thankfully, no request is too small...)

Please pray for my friend, Florence and her husband Michael, who is the bishop of the largest Anglican diocese in Uganda. I just got back from church this morning where she spoke to us about the dire economic, physical, and spiritual needs of their country. Florence works with the oppressed Ugandan women of this polygamous country, teaching them how to live more healthfully (sanitation, AIDS prevention), and encouraging them to leave abusive marriages and set up a small business to support themselves and their children. The women are 'bought' by their husbands, have no rights, and are responsible for all of the raising of children, food growing and preparation, wood-gathering and other household duties, and are expected to turn over any money they might earn to their husband (who will often then use it to buy another wife). Simple things, like getting water for their families, might mean walking 12 miles or so to the nearest well twice a day with heavy water jugs on their heads; most of their day is consumed with simply trying to cultivate enough food for their family to survive on. Eighty-five percent of the people live below the Ugandan poverty level--which means there is NO food, and not even money to buy a pencil or school uniform for their children (which means they cannot attend school). Education, particularly for the girls/women, is the only ticket out of this cycle. Please pray specifically for Florence this week, as she visits churches and speaks to them about her ministry--that she can raise the needed funds for their ministry to help these women. Thanks!

D.J.

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, Pat, I know what a horrible life many lead. What quiet desperation they must feel. My husband has a friend who works with his wife, to educate women in this type of third world country. We support what they do and are awed by the love they show. God bless your friends and others like them who are helping, in addition to those in such dire situations.

Pat~

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for your prayers, Donna! You wouldn't believe the stories we heard this morning. Incredible fortitude and courage on the part of some of these women. My heart is still over there, and I look forward to going back--hopefully in 2007.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Unique said:
My friends,

See that pretty kitty in my avatar? That's my son's cat, Skinny.
He's got a kitty cat UTI (urinary tract infection) Last year, he was 100% blocked and he could have died.

This year - it looks like he's on the same track. Other than not being able to pee, he's healthy. (And only 5 years old)

Some people don't believe in praying for animals - I'm not one of them.
sigh.....just when life was starting to improve:Headbang:

If you could spare a minute or two today and offer up a prayer for my son & his kitty - I'd appreciate it.
Thanx.
>''<

Poor Skinny and your son must be worried. I prayed all of you.

My mom has the same problem with her male cat. It takes a few weeks before the bladder gets back to normal. Changing Skinny's food is a must. My moms cat refused to eat another healthier food but she slowly changed it by adding more and more of the urinary tract safe food over a span of time to his normal food until he gets used to it, if there's problem. And his water must be bottled or boiled and clean in porcelin bowls too, cleaned regularly. Some cats are more sensitive than others. This way may be more of a pain, but in the long run... vet bills are more expensive. Hope these tips helped if you weren't already doing them.

Sorry about Skinny,

Terri

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
spike said:
I have a family that needs a prayer. My cousin just lost his wife to breast cancer. He is incolsolable.

They have a 14 year old daughter who is going to have to navagate the teenage years without a mom.

I pray that God makes them His special lambs during this time and keeps them near His heart and puts a special hedge of protection around them. I pray the husband will not be lost in his grief but looks on his daughter as an extention of his wifes love.

May God walk them and the rest of the family through their darkest hours.

Terri

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
pb10220 said:
Thanks for your prayers, Donna! You wouldn't believe the stories we heard this morning. Incredible fortitude and courage on the part of some of these women. My heart is still over there, and I look forward to going back--hopefully in 2007.

I prayed for her guidence to be Devine and for her message to reach many.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We're going to Reno to find a place to live. Please pray that the best lead we have is willing to work with us on the deposit, we want to break it up into three months. We need travel mercy too.

Thanks,

Terri

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Gotcha covered Terri.

Thanks everyone. I don't always say I'm praying for ya, but if you ask, you can be sure I am.

(that includes everyone upstream from me, too);)

Pat~

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You've got my prayers, Terri. Hope the trip is a success! Thanks for your prayers, y'all.

D.J.

Registered
Reaction score
Terri, prayer was said for your relocation and your trip. I pray that God opens the right doors and the move and navigation of financial matters all fall right into place. Safe travels!

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Unique said:
Update.
It's my avatar.
I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine what you must be going through. I will pray ferevently for you and the cat and your family.

Terri, I will pray for safe travel and a good place to live.

Thank you all, and I will pray for you all....

SeanDSchaffer

I have a couple requests, if I may....

I would like to ask prayer for my depression. I would like to be able to get back into the swing of things in spite of it.

Also, I'm off one of my meds right now, and because of my Medicare Part D not starting until February 1st, I can't go get those meds until at least Wednesday of this week. Well, it's Monday right now and I don't feel all that good. I'm stable, but still not in the best of shape.

This is a cool little thread; it's nice to have it here.

smile.gif

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
SeanDSchaffer said:
I would like to ask prayer for my depression. I would like to be able to get back into the swing of things in spite of it.

Also, I'm off one of my meds right now, and because of my Medicare Part D not starting until February 1st, I can't go get those meds until at least Wednesday of this week. Well, it's Monday right now and I don't feel all that good. I'm stable, but still not in the best of shape.

This is a cool little thread; it's nice to have it here.

smile.gif

Thanks everyone for the above prayers. Came back safe a sound, but we didn't find a place yet. That just means we get to go back though.

Sean,

Depression isn't fun, I know. Thank God for medication! Perhaps you could go on a sister med brfore it gets too deep. Any kind of distraction and laughter can keep you out of the depths of depression along with the aid of medications.

My prayer is that God gives you and the doctors the wisdom to deal with this non coverage problem and opens another door for a proper medication for you. And may He lead you to the laughter you need to be distracted until you get the help you need. And last but not least, that He sustain you and lead you to the peace of all understanding.

Have you tried going directly to the drug company? Sometimes you can get the drug at discount or for free through programs they might have.

Terri

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Unique said:
Update.
It's my avatar.

It never was you!

But I'm glad you found that article. It's like my friend said 'I thought I was a great parent until I had my second child. (If that fits) My cat is 9 and never has had a sick day in her life.

I'm probably setting myself up for my next cat now.....

SeanDSchaffer

writerterri said:
Snipped....

Sean,

Depression isn't fun, I know. Thank God for medication! Perhaps you could go on a sister med brfore it gets too deep. Any kind of distraction and laughter can keep you out of the depths of depression along with the aid of medications.

My prayer is that God gives you and the doctors the wisdom to deal with this non coverage problem and opens another door for a proper medication for you. And may He lead you to the laughter you need to be distracted until you get the help you need. And last but not least, that He sustain you and lead you to the peace of all understanding.

Have you tried going directly to the drug company? Sometimes you can get the drug at discount or for free through programs they might have.

Terri

Thank you kindly; I appreciate it. I used to go directly to the drug company, for what they called Patient's Assistance. That ended, as I understand it, when Medicare Part D went into effect on January 1st.

I had originally been signed up for the AARP service, but then my Mental Health Case Manager signed me up for another one because according to her computer, I wasn't signed up.

According to the people at Medicare and AARP, I was signed up. So this is producing a minor nuisance for me right now. I have my card now for the new service that my Case Manager hooked me up with, but I can't use it until Wednesday of this week.

On a bright note to this situation: the med I'm off is not my anti-depressant. It's one of my two antipsychotics. I'm still on the major antipsychotic that does the majority of the work, but my doctor has noticed a difference in me when I'm also taking the other one, from when I'm not. So it is a necessary thing to have. What would truly be bad is if I were off the antipsychotic I presently have lots of. If I ran out of that one, I would definitely go psychotic again within a few days.

So really, the med I'm out of is a minor issue; it's just that it's a stressful one, and I've been under a lot of stress already what with pushing myself beyond my physical abilities over the last several months while working on my manuscript.

D.J.

Registered
Reaction score
Sean, prayer has been said. Thoughts are with you too. Best news is that God is with you! You will get through this. Two of my favorite verses are Psalms 34:18-19. The point I want you to cling to is that even those trying to follow God's will, will have tribulations, but the good news is that He will deliver us out of them all. Not just 99.9% - ALL! Remember to wait on the Lord. His timing and ways are not always ours, but He knows best. He cares and so do we in here! God bless!

Pat~

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Prayers have been said, Sean. Hope you're doing alright!

Terri, hope the next trip is more successful; I'll pray for that one, too.

SeanDSchaffer

Thank you all kindly for your prayers for me. I appreciate it.

Well, today I'm supposed to be getting my meds refilled, so it's looking as though everything will work out. In the meantime, my depression has subsided and I seem to be back to the usual good attitude I normally have.

Again, thank you all so much for your kindness toward me. This week has been very difficult for me, and to know that others are lifting me up in prayer is very encouraging.

I hope you all enjoy the rest of the week, and I'll talk to you all later.

smile.gif

Annabella

writer again
Registered
Reaction score
I know that I'm not a well known member of the board. I lurk more than I post. But I have come of of lurkerdom to ask for prayer/good thoughts.

Right now my mom is going through a particularly rough time. (I don't want to go into details but amoung the problems is an illness) I need strength to make it through this.

thank you.