Not open for further replies.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
Mmmm... Ravioli....

You make your own? I bought both gnocchi and tortellini the other day - in cute little vaccum-sealed packages. I'm saving them for nights I'm pressed for time to come up with something interesting for dinner.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
:hi:

I've been working. It's a shame that my job has made me hate this time of year, I used to love the holidays so much. :( Now I can't stand it. I'll be working until midnight tomorrow so won't see you guys tomorrow either. :e2bummed: I hope everyone has a great Christmas! :Hug2:

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com

I've been working. It's a shame that my job has made me hate this time of year, I used to love the holidays so much. :( Now I can't stand it. I'll be working until midnight tomorrow so won't see you guys tomorrow either. :e2bummed: I hope everyone has a great Christmas! :Hug2:

This is why we can't have nice things. Working retail until midnight on Christmas Eve? What kind of heartless bastards make you do something like that? And furthermore, who goes shopping at that time of night on a holiday?

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com

That blows, Nite.

Come to my house. We're a few hours away and under winter weather advisory - you could call in, stuck in another state and too far for your boss to come pick you up.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
I can get behind that.

We can hoist it up the mainsail, too,

We do have a mainsail, right?

pirate-gang.gif

A mains'l, a poopdeck, a mast'd, wheel, Cap'n's gig, a bilge, and even a few cannon around here someplace.

I'm pretty sure we can raid the Western and Erotica forums for wenches. We are talkin' pirate ship, right?

I even got a jolly roger somewhere down below.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Shopping around the last couple days I've also been browsing for a new laptop. I saw a tough screen laptop yesterday by Samsung at Staples and another one today at Walmart (with detachable screen so it also functions as a tablet). About $750 for either one.

I might just dispense with the whole desktop thing if I can pick one of those babies up in a month or three. 4GB RAM, 500GB hard drives, running Win8 (but I can probably get that rolled back to WinXP by some local experts). I already have over a TB in external hard drives, but a TB at Walmart only runs around $120 and you can daisy-chain those together for all the space I'd ever need (for around $800 these days you can have enough storage to hold the entire contents of the Library of Congress if you want it).

Next year's new car year too.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
Merry Christmas, hounds!

Now, let me treat you to a version of Let It Snow that I bet you've never heard before. :D As sung by my littlest one this morning.:
Oh, the weather outside is brightful.

But popcorn is delightful.

There's essentially no place to go.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.
:roll:

The part about there being "essentially no place to go" sounds a little like a veiled threat to me. :Shrug: But, you know, he is the spawn of a hound.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
:roll:

This is the first year everyone in my house knows who Santa is. Everyone was cool with going to see The Hobbit instead of going to see the man in the red suit.
Until 2:30 this morning, when my Dude woke me up, my laptop clutched tightly to his chest, desperate to know where Santa was on his delivery route and if he still had time to write a letter.
Six hours later, I'm working at my desk when I heard Dude's feet hit the floor. "Mom? About Santa - where is he and do I have time for that letter?"

;)

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
That reminds me of several stories from my time in the Army.

What is it with the Army and mad shitters? It seems to attract them more than college dorms.

It has just occurred to me that there really isn't a forum for people to share their various mad shitter stories. This needs to be fixed, as there are some damned crazy ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.