DANG, Forgot Again...Things I Hate About October...

Primus

Del Lago
Registered
Reaction score
I only like October because of Halloween and a number of AAA video games are normally released during this month. That's it, because the negative--BIG negative--it gets colder. I loathe cold weather. Wish it'd go away.

Six Alaric

The terror, the terror
Registered
Reaction score
The spiders all deciding they're welcome in my house now that the weather is getting colder. They are most certainly NOT welcome.

Wait, it's spider season again?

That's it; house is going into high-security mode. Cat sent on patrol, effective immediately.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
the thing I hate about October.... I wish it was November.

I am ready for fall but we are having incredibly high temps

also - I am not into pumpkin crap and it's everywhere

I do love candy, tho - and there's nothing like Halloween for an excuse to cram a bunch of it in your face

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
Wait, it's spider season again?

That's it; house is going into high-security mode. Cat sent on patrol, effective immediately.

I have one spider-eating dog whose eye sight isn't the best and tends to lose them.
And one useless non spider eating dog who just nudges them with his nose and then lets them run.

Meaning, all I can do is burn the house down.

Six Alaric

The terror, the terror
Registered
Reaction score
I have one spider-eating dog whose eye sight isn't the best and tends to lose them.
And one useless non spider eating dog who just nudges them with his nose and then lets them run.

Haha. My dog's exactly the same. Races after them for about five seconds before losing interest and giving up. Bit of a far cry from the cat. She'll haunt a room for hours if she sees anything she doesn't like the look of.

And yes, you'd better torch your house. It's the only way to be sure.

Basement Dog loves spiders. They're crunchy...

Argh! Why would you describe the texture?!

Last edited:

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Yesterday there was something odd on the floor. I didn't recognize it until after I picked it up to throw it away. It was a half-eaten slug my puppy brought in from outside before changing his mind about snacking on it.

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
Yesterday there was something odd on the floor. I didn't recognize it until after I picked it up to throw it away. It was a half-eaten slug my puppy brought in from outside before changing his mind about snacking on it.

Why, why, why do they change their minds mid-meal? Especially when it's something like this.

asroc

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
also - I am not into pumpkin crap and it's everywhere

It's inescapable. Apparently being a white female means I'm automatically addicted to pumpkin spice lattes. I don't want that nasty stuff anywhere near my coffee, thank you very much.

Guess who gets to work on Halloween yet again? And guess whose partner gets the day off to go trick-or-treating with his kids?

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Have you watched, "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown?"

Obviously not !

Else you too would like pumpkins :)

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com

This ^ this, a thousand times, THIS!!! :flag:

yes....

It's inescapable. Apparently being a white female means I'm automatically addicted to pumpkin spice lattes. I don't want that nasty stuff anywhere near my coffee, thank you very much.

Guess who gets to work on Halloween yet again? And guess whose partner gets the day off to go trick-or-treating with his kids?

I know! Try ta cut my coffee with that pumpkin spice crap and I cuttchoo....

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lawdy-Lawd!!!!!!!

If I see one more *Pumpkin-flavored* anything, I'm gonna Lavern somebody, and it ain't gonna be pretty. :rant:

Stlight

ideas are floating where they will
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of thing
Cat chases anything that runs from her including spiders. She leaves little piles of spider legs here and there. One pile with legs big enough that I'm glad I didn't see it running.

Oh, and I hate ragweed. Yes, I said it before, but it deserves repeating.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So glad to see that I'm not the only one who hates the sudden influx of pumpkin into every form of food and beverage.

The other thing I hate about October is the lots of Christmas stuff that'll start showing up before Halloween actually arrives.

M.S. Wiggins

"The Moving Finger writes..."
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The pumpkins are popping up everywhere. They multiply. Every morning, I see more of them—on porches, lawns, and in the front room windows of yuppie homes. Do these gourds breed in the middle of the night?

hefronica

Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, fun thread!

Add me to the 'pumpkins, ick!' list. Actually I like looking at pumpkins. I like drawing weird faces on them. I like carving them up with a knife and scooping out their slimy brains. But eating anything that has a so-called pumpkin taste? Blech.

Also the friggin baby spiders flinging their friggin spiderwebs all over the friggin yard. In SoCal, we just had big fat orange spiders everywhere (which were gross enough for an arachnophobe). Now I live out in the country and I can't mow the yard without getting attacked by several hundred trailing strands of baby spider webbing or whatever the heck it is (I hate spiders; therefore I will not google to find out the correct term lest I end up looking at images of eight legged freaks).

Other than that, the weather's luverly now that summer's finally gone.

Wilde_at_heart

υπείκωphobe
Registered
Reaction score
It is so incredibly warm outdoors today, and yet I was hoping to get my MS ready for querying this week now that some family stuff is out of the way.

I hate winter, so each decent day could be the last for months ...

00Pepper

Super Pepper
Registered
Reaction score
If I walk into one more spider web...well...I'm gonna be really mad. :) I've taken to walking around our yard with my head down so at least the unseen web ends up on my head and not my face. *shivers* HATE it!

But really I love October! It has my favorite weather and the trees start turning purty colors. And usually the time changes again so that we get an extra hour to sleep and you won't see me complaining about an extra hour of sleep. :D

Wilde_at_heart

υπείκωphobe
Registered
Reaction score
I wish there was a way to get both that extra hour of sleep and not have it get darker earlier in the evenings.

As for spiderwebs, fortunately I'm not that tall, so other people usually have to deal with them first :D

shyne

At your service
Registered
Reaction score
I hate this month because it ends with an er