• Basic Writing questions is not a crit forum. All crits belong in Share Your Work

What's On Your Mind About Your Writing?

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
See, therein lies your problem. An ass like me just spouts nonsense all the time.

True story. I can vouch for the ass. He is very ass-y indeed. :D

Atalanta

Bring me a knitting needle.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ajaxkallistrate.com
The risk is, people will find out that I am a nerdy jerk who don't know diddly from squat.

Sounds like someone needs a hug from a ten-foot tall headless zombie. I can arrange that. :D

*scratches balls*
*sniffs fingers*

Note to self: It is possible to snort hot stew through one's nose....

Sonsofthepharaohs

Still writing the ancient Egyptian tetralogy
Registered
Reaction score
What's on my mind? Periods, mainly.

a) because I am now in angry, weepy, crampy phase of the month, when all I want to do is eat chocolate*, and b) because I'm trying to work out if it's feasible for my character to get pregnant 12 days after meeting the MC when she hasn't had a period in that time. Hmmm...

*should have added 'and kill people in horribly messy ways'

Last edited by a moderator:

S.P. van der Lee

Registered
Reaction score
What's on my mind?

I'm overflowing with ideas for this new book that's in my head. Even though I'm still writing a different trilogy (currently book 2), I can't help but think about this new series that's so mind boggling I just can't stop thinking about it!
The picture in my head won't stop popping up, so I drew it on paper to get it out of my system :p. There. Done. Now I can rest again. Even though I'm a lousy draftsman. XD Do you guys do that too sometimes? Just draw your own scenes on paper?

20130319_221833.jpg

Quentin Nokov

King of the Kitties
Registered
Reaction score
If I could draw I'd love to do graphic novels, but alas, stick-figures are the only thing I can do. :-/ And I was very much humored with Kallithrix and Quickwit. Ha ha!

On my mind: I'll be introducing gypsies soon and I'd for them to perform songs, except--I'm not very musically inclined <.< Okay, I'm not musically inclined at all and it feels awkward to write a scene of them dancing and singing a whole song. The MC comes from a planet where they can play music out of thin air because I thought how cool it would be if people really could start singing songs and dancing in sync like in the musical on television, but I don't know how to actually write something like that in my novel. :-/

amy--amy

Registered
Reaction score
My novel is resting. I'm trying to come up with a new project, but university and my job are keeping me busy, so there's not much space for creativity.

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
Almost at the halfway point with editing my novel and I'm nowhere near my word killing goal. After this round I'll see how much I've knocked off and go through it again and try to knock more down somehow. Trying to avoid deleting chunks of some scenes that aren't real essential to the plot, but they do expand on characterization and teach a little history (it's an historical fantasy), but if I must, I will sacrifice the darlings. :cry:

Atalanta

Bring me a knitting needle.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ajaxkallistrate.com
Do you guys do that too sometimes? Just draw your own scenes on paper?

It's funny, I drew all the time when I was kid -- especially when I was supposed to be doing something else (like paying attention in class). They were usually epic stories, or just epic scenes. But now that I've moved on to writing novels I don't draw at all.

As for what's on my mind... the fact that Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate arrived in the mail yesterday, which was really convenient because I need a day or two away from the WIP. So instead of ancient godlike spirits, headless zombies, and adorable butch sailors, I get to hunt giant lizards, sea serpents, and... carnivorous koalas?

:Shrug:

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Just glad to back on the Internet after having had my WiFi short out on me over a week ago. Took me awhile to get a replacement and over 24 hrs to figure out how this new upgrade worked. What a mess of stress. Now I have burn all my time doing my client writing to make up for the cost of the stupid thing.

tri

DarkSongofErrin

Registered
Reaction score
I was just reading a piece I wrote about a year ago. WOW, some of the most blatant info dumping I have ever read.

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
Today is my writing day - the day when I don't answer the phone or the doorbell, the day I don't clean anything, or cook anything, or get near the treadmill. I sit at the computer and pound out my story . . . except my story eludes me. I'm tempted to draw instead. :D

Last edited:

JustinlDew

Shortest Query Winner.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justinldew.blogspot.com
What I'm think:
My nose is running so much I should hook a generator to it.
I need to get my ass moving and beta these chapters, and I need to work on my freaking school work, and maybe get some work on my WiP done. Or I can crawl back under the covers and go back to bed.. Hmm..

Lycoplax

Registered
Reaction score
What's on my mind...

Trying to focus on revising one book while being tempted to jump tracks over to another that looks more appealing to revise because it needs less work overall.

I fell off the word count wagon, and I need to climb back on it. (To be fair, first it was writer's block on how to approach an entirely new scene, then it was a head cold, but those two together don't account for all the time lost.)

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
Right now. Nothing really. There probably should be something on my mind about writing but there isn't. On a completely random note, I changed a few things around my Twitter thing, and I gave myself my handle again instead of using a pen-name. I think that will reduce some of the pressure (maybe) of me trying to publish. Or at least being obsessed with it. Haha.

Reaction score
That once I get back from Vegas I really need to dig back into book two. I rewrote a quarter of book 1, so book 2 is now a veritable minefield of unexploded ordinance, so to speak. It's only probably 4-5 days of hard work, but I always dread catching and correcting errors. Would much prefer to be working on nearly-done book 3 :p.

Ellielle

needs something clever to put here
Registered
Reaction score
Must. Finish. Current draft of garbage WIP.

I can feel the burnout creeping towards me (again). I have to finish before it totally overwhelms me. Plus, next month is Camp Nano, and I want to take advantage of that to work on a different project that will be more writing than revising.

SianaBlackwood

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sb.siasan.com
I suddenly started hating a whole section of my story and from there I went on to wondering if I hate the whole story. I'm not sure if stepping away for a few days is going to make me feel better about the story or if it's going to allow the hatred to settle in and doom the entire project.

By the way, never title your WIP Doom. Too many jokes, none of them good.