Status
Not open for further replies.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
I'm actually one of those sick, sick puppies who likes revisions and editing more than the initial round of writing. Sometimes, my first draft nearly creates itself in a frenzy of creativity (the first three-quarters of MORO took me just two months). But usually, there's a long slog of stop-and-start (the last quarter of MORO took three months for around 20K.)

With revisions (esp. editorial interaction) there's a lot of nitpicky refining that suits my OCD self.

Hildegarde, I really did it just for fun. I'd taken an editorial test from a big erotic romance e-pub (not the one I signed with), and realized that I wanted to write erotic romance as well as sf&f. The ER gave me the option of not 'fading to black', as I would with my mainstream sf&f work.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
I'll get my contract later this week, but I can now announce I've sold a m/m space opera erotic romance with the working title of MORO'S PRICE, to Loose Id. (A year and one month after I started writing it, just for fun.)

Next week, editing begins!

Congratulations!!! :D

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
Congrats, Fili!

And in other news from here at Casa Chaos...

My three-book inspie medieval series, "The Faith Box" will release starting this fall from Desert Breeze. PEACEWEAVER in September, THE HEALING TREE next April, and WHEN THE ROSES BLOOMED in November of '13.

Squee with me (in a medieval tone of voice, of course)!

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
I got my contracts today!

Nice!

Congrats, Fili!

My three-book inspie medieval series, "The Faith Box" will release starting this fall from Desert Breeze. PEACEWEAVER in September, THE HEALING TREE next April, and WHEN THE ROSES BLOOMED in November of '13.

Congratulations! Or...huzzah? I'm not entirely sure how to cheer medievally. :D

Hildegarde

A newb in the fog
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nightmarefactory.com
Pretty much announced this last month - but since I am now "official" with counter-signed contract and cover-art and such - MOI!

My debut release, Infamous, will be available June 4 from Crimson Romance.

Thanks for all the support getting here, everyone!

ladyleeona

fluently sarcastic grandma offender
Registered
Reaction score
I got my contracts today!

Congrats, Fili!

Pretty much announced this last month - but since I am now "official" with counter-signed contract and cover-art and such - MOI!

My debut release, Infamous, will be available June 4 from Crimson Romance.

Thanks for all the support getting here, everyone!

You all are rockstars--congrats! I always come visit this thread when I need a pick-me-up...mission accomplished :)

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Congrats to everyone! :Hug2:

We've been having a rocking year on subsidiary rights! We've now sold French, Russian, Turkish, Hungarian and audio rights on the Blood Singer books! :snoopy: Most, if not all, are scheduled for release of the first book, Blood Song, this year.

Nothing quite like free money to pad the bank account. I love books that keep selling while I'm working on other stuff. :D

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to everyone with recent sales. Hopefully I will have something to post soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.