G'Day

AussieBilly

Beach sand in his ear ...
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, I'm not sure I fit in this thread or not ... my profile sez I'm on the beach up there in QLD but not really ... I'm in Tassie. Is that still considered part of the Land Down Under? Doesn't seem like it if you're a politician ... or a tourist guide. But that's alright... just enough people down here in the Emerald Isle anyhow.
Now, where does this thread go from here?
By the way, any other Tassie writers in the area?

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Can't afford to travel to Brisbane, I'm afraid.

And I don't write C/YA as a general rule... I'm usually on the early-ages-of-legal-adulthood side of the fence - 18-20-something, I guess.

Hope you have fun there. :)

Amberly

Registered
Reaction score
Website
caswebb.wordpress.com
I just love the idea of meeting other writers face-to-face (and a bit of an escape from home too i guess).

Are there any not YA conferences in Australia, other than the writers festival (ie sydney, melbourn etc)?

fredXgeorge

I heart sexy elves and wizards.
Registered
Reaction score
There's the annual SCBWI conference but unfortunately that's only held in Sydney.

tarkine

Learning the trade
Registered
Reaction score
It's the Childrens and Young Adult conference in Brisbane. I've never been before but I'm booked for this year so I AM Going (if i keep telling myself this I might follow through)

Would be great to know someone else there.

Oh that sounds great, but I'm not sure I can afford it this year.

AussieBilly - Tassie is a beautiful state. Spent a week there about a decade ago, and I seriously would have stayed forever if I could. Welcome.

PrincessofPersia

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I did it. I took the plunge on Thursday and enlisted into the Navy. Future Sailor PoP requesting permission to come aboard!

Kimra

Registered
Reaction score
Right, I'm in Sydney, guess that means I should make myself a presence in this thread (I'm going down the list).

Anyone in the Sydney region doing Script Frenzy?* I am terrible at meet ups and the like, but I would like to try for it anyway.

0.0 Just occurred to me to check the Script Frenzy page. *hits head on table*

Also hi.

*I apologise if there is a thread specifically for this, I'll probably find it in the next half hour and be ashamed if there is.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I'll be trying to finish a movie for Script Frenzy this year (that I wrote 2/3 of last year...) but I'm not in Sydney - Adelaide for me.

Oh, and if you go to AW's forum jump at the bottom of every page, there's a section called "NaNoWriMo And Beyond" - that's where you'll find most of the Script Frenzy stuff.

And me, incidentally. :)

PrincessofPersia

Registered
Reaction score
Holy crap. No activity on this thread since March? I mean, I know I haven't been here either, but yeesh. I've been busy preparing for boot camp.

I leave in 16 days!

tarkine

Learning the trade
Registered
Reaction score
PoP - all the best for boot camp.

I haven't been around because I've been so ill that I've been struggling just to meet my real life committments, so I haven't made any virtual ones and just been too tired to think straight, although I've been my limited brain alert time to edit a book - if that even makes sense... although I've got a lot of reading done.

Take care everyone.

Shaezy

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking for some months so felt it only polite to actually say 'hi' and stop feeling like such a peeping tom.

It's pouring here right now, and the kids are asleep - perfect!
I should be writing but am having way too much fun reading here instead. Actually I should be painting a door or something, but after several weeks of re-painting the house I can't face another roller.

Hope you are all enjoying your long weekend. God save the Queen and all that.
;)

fredXgeorge

I heart sexy elves and wizards.
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Shaezy!

Yeah studies here too. Got my first exam tomorrow then another three this week and next :Headbang:

OC-138

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all, im a NSW born living in QLD, just thought I would drop in and say hey.