Last Game you have played...

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
I recently got the Origin Humble Bundle. So far, my favourite game out of the bunch is Dead Space 3; Dead Space 1 is a little too survival-horror for my tastes. Mirror's Edge is different but not bad, and I'm still figuring out Battlefield 3 multiplayer.

I've also been replaying Oblivion, and...now that I think about it, it's kinda cruddy in a lot of ways. I should really upgrade to Skyrim one of these days.

Megann

Registered
Reaction score
Was hooked on the Assassin's creed series, but couldn't get into revelations and I really don't like 3. So I just finished Portal 2 (Yes!). Now I am slowly getting hooked in WOW after ignoring it for two years. Sigh, school is about to start and I really don't need such an obsession right now, also I got stories to finish. :(

Orangetober

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
I recently got the Origin Humble Bundle. So far, my favourite game out of the bunch is Dead Space 3; Dead Space 1 is a little too survival-horror for my tastes. Mirror's Edge is different but not bad, and I'm still figuring out Battlefield 3 multiplayer.

I've also been replaying Oblivion, and...now that I think about it, it's kinda cruddy in a lot of ways. I should really upgrade to Skyrim one of these days.

I just got Skyrim and wish I had the time to enjoy it because it looks/seems great. I've mostly been playing Disgaea 4 to finish all the postgame/DLC before Disgaea D2 comes out, which I really want to play.

Mystikal

Registered
Reaction score
I've been playing the Bioshock trio, but sort of started in the wrong order. I played Infinite and fell in love with it, so started on the first one. I just finished it a few days ago and plan on starting Bioshock next weekend. I'd recommend them to anyone, lots of fun.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
I'm replaying DA:O with mods.
Trying to stave off the urge to buy Skyrim--I desperately need it to go on sale because I just can't justify $60 for the Legendary edition.

ArachnePhobia

Registered
Reaction score

LOL, I also was replaying Oblivion and wound up storming back to Skyrim in frustration when a weird glitch prevented my modified-monk-build character from going past 50 in blunt and hand-to-hand. Sure, I could have finished it without levelling up any more, but I was too annoyed.

ZerosJourney

Cryptozoologist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
zerojourney.blogspot.com
The last game I played was Paper Mario: Sticker Star. Finally beat it after a three-month hiatus for some Zelda, Rayman, and Bioshock Infinite. (Yeah, my tastes are a bit eclectic.) Next on my list is Super Mario RPG or replaying The World Ends With You.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
LOL, I also was replaying Oblivion and wound up storming back to Skyrim in frustration when a weird glitch prevented my modified-monk-build character from going past 50 in blunt and hand-to-hand. Sure, I could have finished it without levelling up any more, but I was too annoyed.

One thing that pleases me about Skyrim is that they've put in "One-Handed" and "Two-Handed" instead of "Blade" and "Blunt". Because the Blunt skill is just completely freaking worthless in Oblivion given how bladed weapons are just better in almost every way and far more plentiful.

BMajor

Probably judging you.
Registered
Reaction score
WHY. Why am I just now finding this Games section?? -___-

Got the latest humble bundle too and while I'm a BF3 360 girl at heart, I might have to try it for PC. (Preordered BF4 for 360.. don't know which console I'm going with yet.) Until then, PC is taking over my life.

Been playing my second run through Skyrim on PC (first play through was on 360) and have been enjoying some pretty awesome mods. I've also been getting into Payday 2 (which, if you have three friends you care to rob some banks with, is hilarious and awesome.)

ArachnePhobia

Registered
Reaction score
One thing that pleases me about Skyrim is that they've put in "One-Handed" and "Two-Handed" instead of "Blade" and "Blunt". Because the Blunt skill is just completely freaking worthless in Oblivion given how bladed weapons are just better in almost every way and far more plentiful.

Yeah, it's like blunt and hand-to-hand were only there to ratchet up your strength stats.

Although I will admit I liked to equip a glass warhammer and pretend I was Gallagher. In the next Elder Scrolls game, they need to make pumpkins and gourds splatter if you hit them with a weapon or drop them from high enough to take damage. I mean, imagine tossing a pumpkin off a bridge or mountain. Imagine Fus Ro Da'ing a pumpkin off a bridge or mountain. Imagine bringing pumpkins into fights with enemies who can also shout...

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, it's like blunt and hand-to-hand were only there to ratchet up your strength stats.

Hand to Hand is kinda fun and kinda useful, though it still pales in comparison to "take a ton of [x] damage and take even more [x] damage for [y] seconds" swords. Blunt is just awful. But now that I think about it...

*downloads mod to get +5 attribute increases regardless of skill gains*

ArachnePhobia

Registered
Reaction score
Hand to Hand is kinda fun and kinda useful, though it still pales in comparison to "take a ton of [x] damage and take even more [x] damage for [y] seconds" swords. Blunt is just awful. But now that I think about it...

*downloads mod to get +5 attribute increases regardless of skill gains*

Hand-to-hand does have its moments. I was on another forum describing how one of my followers got himself set on fire and then punched a Dremora off the top of the Sigil Tower with a gleeful laugh (suggestion #2: press a button to throw your follower a compliment when they do something like that).

SEHandler

Registered
Reaction score
Recently been playing XCom: Enemy Unknown. All fun and games until a soldier I got overly attached to died and I alt-F4'd like lightning. Now I'm just racking up some willpower to start the game and see if she lived.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
I've gone through Kirby Super Star again with the girlfriend. It's a great game for co-op (especially if one player isn't as good as the other ;)) and has a good bit of variety in the different sub-games.

I've also tried Skyrim for the first time. So far, it's...good, I'd have to say. The implementation of the two-hand system is a little annoying in some regards (you can't use magic with a two-hander, you can't block while dual-wielding), though dual-wielding magic isn't bad at all. But far and away the most fun I've had is chasing after rabbits with flamelightningthrower magic while shouting "BUNNY!" over and over. :D

DNemesis

Registered
Reaction score
Website
writertown.com
Im an old school guy and i also have a bad habit of playing games waaay too late. For example, I am now playing NFS: Carbon roughly 7 years after its release....

Im also playing other old games in between, including Zelda Minish Cap and Mario Galaxy, which came out around 2008.

And as someone else mentioned here before, I, too, keep going back to Mega Man X every couple of years.

noelre

Registered
Reaction score
I've been replaying FFX-2 just for the sake of it in the last few days. It's not as awful as I remembered (although everyone's complaining it's the worst in the FF series), but getting that perfect 100% game is damn hard! Gonna drop dead before I can actually achieve it.

AgentCooper

Renowned Hack
Registered
Reaction score
Basically, I've been playing Skyrim since I got a PS3 (well over a year ago) with mini-hiatuses to check out other games. Right now, I'm absolutely loving Braid, which is my favorite puzzle game I've ever played. It's gorgeous, the music is wonderful, and the gameplay...oh, God, the gameplay. There's a lot of reversing time, objects that aren't affected by reversing time, and bizarre problem-solving that goes on with that one.

roundtable

Registered
Reaction score
I grew up on text based adventures and then progressed to Leisure Suit Larry and all the other Sierra adventure games. Given that, my son found and installed all of the old games on my laptop. Suddenly, I find just how silly those games were when it came to glitches.

The very last game I've played was Gone Home. I'm still trying to figure out if I liked it. Story was good, immersion in the surroundings definitely occurred, the creepiness was good, but in the end, I think I feel let down.

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
I just finished playing Gone Home. It's a very interesting game that I think a lot of people here would enjoy. It's a discovery-type game like Myst, where you're basically piecing together what happened while exploring this huge, creepy old mansion and trying to figure out why your family is gone. Fairly short game; I finished it in just under 3 hours, but I didn't discover everything either. It's pretty haunting though, and I expect I'll be thinking about it for awhile yet.