Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
That's my situation at the moment. I really don't have a clue of what the characters will be doing up to the point where the main character gets attacked by the creature for the first time.
I have the first three or four chapters pretty much set, and the final few are still changing slightly but the general idea is fixed. It's just the big space in between is daunting. I have some ideas of things that are going to happen at some point in that time, but everything is pretty in flux and constantly shifting around.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon Cantina!

Teching is rough. 50% is being good with clients of all sorts and taking a history and hoping Fido doesn't take your face off. 10% cleaning crap and vomit and who knows what, and 40% teching- blood draws and urine sticks and such. This percent varies widely depending on the type of practice. And you may be in surgery a lot.

You could always ask if anyone needs a tech assistant on weekends. This is 80% bodily fluid/crap cleanup but will get you in the door. If you like that enough to be a tech, you can go for tech status. If not, then you have some extra cash.

Of course, the second place I worked at treated me like shit and one girl kneed me in the face when she stood from looking at a dog and told me to suck it up. A vet would bark at me, then tell me to check the laundry or some simple shit. Thanks for fraying my already screwed up nerves for no reason, bitch.

Yeah. Funny thing is- over the years I've watched the vet turnover at that place. Its a wee bit high. Can't imagine why.

Sounds to me like that office wasn't a very nice place. I'm sure not every place is like this.

Vet assistance are the ones that I thought did the majority of the cleaning up, while the vet techs assisted the vet. Though I'm not really sure. We have a vet tech institute right in downtown Pittsburgh. I may send away for some info. It can't hurt.

Psychotic.Pink

Registered
Reaction score
I get the impression that they're going to wait until everyone stops making such a big deal out of it, at which point they're going to go all ninja on it. >:3

Or they're going to do it now because everyone believes that they won't do it until after the fuss has died down. Because, you know, people won't expect it. >:3

Etola

Still looking for stars...
Registered
Reaction score
I have the first three or four chapters pretty much set, and the final few are still changing slightly but the general idea is fixed. It's just the big space in between is daunting. I have some ideas of things that are going to happen at some point in that time, but everything is pretty in flux and constantly shifting around.

Seems like most of my novels end up like that: I get a few chapters in, get a good sense of what I want for the ending, but getting there is the hard part. I call it the mid-story slog for a reason.

Just try and take it bit by bit, because as you write, you'll be constantly figuring out new things which will change the landscape.

Reaction score
Second star on the right and on 'til morning.
Website
atsiko.wordpress.com
Alright, who has Sadness Squid repellant? Can I borrow some?

I need to get moving because even though the apartment building a fellow young person on disability clued me in to as affordable pretty much always has vacancies, I will sleep better tonight if I know for sure that I can find the dang thing. But I'm exhausted, sad, and don't want to do anything except cuddle up in the Pillow Pile of Missing My Former Best Friend.

And now you all know why I give such s***ty self-help advice. It's been four months and I'm not over it.

Four months? Phssh. I've been sad longer over that sort of thing. Don't feel so bad about feeling bad.

(In fact, I am currently trying to get past someone I used to hang out with on a fairly regular basis having apparently decided I'm no longer worth talking to, even though we have half our classes together this semester. Seeing them every day and having them completely ignore me is super frustrating. :( )

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
3. I'm thinking of having either a Lord of the Rings Trilogy marathon, or a Chronicles of Narnia Trilogy marathon, I just haven't decided which one...

4. I just found out my brother, despite constantly criticisng my film collection, has never seen The Lord of the Rings yet irrationally hates them as being, in his own words, "for pussies." You know sometimes I just really want to punch him to the floor.

Watch both, because, why the hell not?

And you're brother is silly. The only macho thing that's missing from those films are things blowing up.

This is happening to me too. I'm just writing what I have and hoping that more ideas will come as I get closer to the trouble parts.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
I've decided on an insect/plant hybrid for the parasitic creature in my story. I have a pretty good picture of it in my mind, but I think I'm going to try to sketch it just for fun.

Even though I'm absolutely miserable when it comes to art...

Well, you can look on the bright side: one big space compared to several medium-sized spaces. XD

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon Cantina!

Sounds to me like that office wasn't a very nice place. I'm sure not every place is like this.

Most places are wayyyy better, if not positive environments. There are plenty of bad seeds unfortunately, which may result from small, isolated offices with one or a few people in charge- and their attitudes affect the whole staff of course.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Watch both, because, why the hell not?
Fair point. Too late to watch either in a marathon now, though. It's quarter past 9 in the evening here, if I watched either trilogy back-to-back now I'd be up until round about 6 in the morning.
And you're brother is silly. The only macho thing that's missing from those films are things blowing up.
Well the wall of Helm's Deep blows up at one point. Hell, an entire country essentially blows up too.
This is happening to me too. I'm just writing what I have and hoping that more ideas will come as I get closer to the trouble parts.
That's as good a plan as any. I might indulge my imagination and scribble some things about other ideas I have too, just to help get the creative juices flowing.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wait, you're in Pittsburgh?

How'd I miss that before?

I missed that even when I read the post :)

In other news- I have good news! I checked my leave hours at work, and the leave calculator. I will have 15 days, or three weeks, around October of next year. I skyped my aunt, the one that drives me around Czech and Poland when I visit, because we've talked about going to NZ with eachother and maybe others.

The base plan is to fly into Auckland, stay in a hostel/B&B a few days, take the ferry to Tiri Tiri Matangi (National island park. Google it). Camp there a few days, ferry back, fly to Christchurch, Then rent a car and drive around the south island for a few days. This will be reasonably cheap, aside from airfare, and I know how to budget in NZ. Still another thing to save for, but I'm stoked :)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ahhhhh! I passed 20k today! A milestone of obsessive posting!

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wait, you're in Pittsburgh?

How'd I miss that before?

That's at least four of us now in the area, is it not? Five if Fen is willing to road trip.

Mayhaps it's time to start contemplating some sort of regional get together.

(Because I could due to hang out and have beverages with new people. Other than my coworkers. And my cat. ... He's starting to judge me.)

:D

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I get the impression that they're going to wait until everyone stops making such a big deal out of it, at which point they're going to go all ninja on it.

Or they're going to do it now because everyone believes that they won't do it until after the fuss has died down. Because, you know, people won't expect it.

Or, more likely, they are currently tapped out for ideas.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.