Short Story Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantai

Registered
Reaction score
So, I find I very much enjoy writing revisions of stories from other writers who have an interesting plot or premise but could do with some stylistic editing. My fortes are action, weird, sci-fi and fantasy. If you have a completed short story that you can't seem to sell, or don't think is good enough to submit, send me a PM and I'd love to take a look at it.

Osulagh

Independent fluffy puppy.
Registered
Reaction score
That's what the SYW section is for. Check it out.

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Yeah, really. Just what are you after? Apologies for my cynicism, but you just seem a bit too eager. I would hate for an AWer to contact you with high hopes and have their ms read only to be billed some exorbitant fee for hundreds of dollars. So plz clarify your post and assure us that you are merely being helpful and generous, rather than crafty and sneaky. Surely the former than the later, though you never can tell. Wouldn't be the first time. So just clarify so we can be sure and be at ease.

Dantai

Registered
Reaction score
I've no plans to bill anyone and this isn't an editing/proofreading service. If an MS is complete and stylistically sound I will say as much and do nothing with it. If I like the idea behind a story but the writing is lacking, I will spruce it up, with the writer's permission.

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something, but why would you want to rewrite other people's stories? If you believe yourself to be such a good writer, why not just focus on your own pieces. Feedback is great, but it sounds like you want to do a lot more then just give feedback. And if you rewrite a story, who gets credit for it when seeking publication?

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
I've no plans to bill anyone and this isn't an editing/proofreading service. If an MS is complete and stylistically sound I will say as much and do nothing with it. If I like the idea behind a story but the writing is lacking, I will spruce it up, with the writer's permission.

Have you sold enough short stories to give others reason to think you're good enough to spruce up their writing?

LittlePinto

Perpetually confused
Registered
Reaction score
I will check it out. It says I need 50 posts to post there, so I'll go hang around the other forums for a while.

If I'm not mistaken, you only need fifty posts to start a new thread to ask for critiques on your own work. You're more than welcome to critique other people's work before you reach fifty.

At least, I hope that's how it works. I haven't hit fifty yet and I've been happily critiquing away over there. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.