Ex-girlfriend gets even with guy who dumped her -- by yanking all his teeth--but not really

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Haha, yeah. This story is *hilarious*.

I got a better one. One time, this friend of mine - he's a doctor who specializes in knee replacements. One of the best in the country. So, he got dumped by this girl and - 6 months later - she needs to have her knees replaced. But, see, he gets MAD. So, get this, rather than replace her knees, he amputates both her legs and throws them in the garbage.

Now this girl can't walk again for the rest of her life. Isn't that a fucking riot? Talk about the price you pay for leaving a man.

Seriously people. Grow up.

Mharvey, in one of his rare pissy moods.
um... no one said it was funny.

Mharvey

Liker Of Happy Things
Registered
Reaction score
um... no one said it was funny.

Not in so many words, but people are treating the story like it's good for a laugh. It's really not. As someone pointed out, if it was a guy who knocked out a woman with drugs and pulled all her teeth out, we'd be talking castration instead of having a good old thigh-slap.

I guess I could have used a little tact in pointing that out, but seriously... stories like this are amusing now, as long as it's a woman who does it to a guy? Am I just behind on the times? I thought Lorena Bobbitt was so 90s.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
We're all pretty fucking well horrified. I'd throw this girl in jail and lose the key, if I were the Polish judicial system.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Or the Polish Dental Association. Every other dentist in the country is going to have people looking at them suspiciously, or asking if they can bring a friend to stand guard over them. Dentists get enough of a bad rap as it is, this is going to add fuel to the fire.

Mharvey

Liker Of Happy Things
Registered
Reaction score
We're all pretty fucking well horrified. I'd throw this girl in jail and lose the key, if I were the Polish judicial system.

I think a lot of the jokes were front loaded. Reading the rest of the thread beyond the first page, it does kinda settle down. Combine that with someone having just recently pissed in my Coke (not quite literally but close enough) in the world of the real, and I may have overreacted a bit.

Not quite apology worthy, as some of the comments on the first page are pretty bad/stupid, but I'll reign this one in and go to bed. :)

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Well, just remember that on first thought, you can see how it can be funny. Then you stop, think, and realize EXACTLY what happened and go, "Ohhhhhh..."

There's sometimes a delay in human empathy. It's annoying.

NewKidOldKid

diplomat
Registered
Reaction score
Eh. In the real world, not everyone's ex is a presumed lunatic. I'm on perfectly fine terms with three of my exes and wouldn't expect them to do anything remotely so horrific in a similar situation.

Shouldn't you know your ex enough to know if she's a psycho or not? I mean, I'm sure there were early signs. You can't be a perfectly nice, normal woman and then pull every single tooth out with no remorse.

gypsyscarlett

Ma fin est mon commencement
Registered
Reaction score
Shouldn't you know your ex enough to know if she's a psycho or not? I mean, I'm sure there were early signs. You can't be a perfectly nice, normal woman and then pull every single tooth out with no remorse.

Do we know how long they dated? Dangerous people can be very good at hiding that side of them.

As others have stated, people break up all the time, and they have every right to do so for whatever reason they have. And the majority of people who are dumped, despite any pain they have, are able to deal. And it is also not uncommon to even remain on friendly terms.

For all we know, when this guy broke up with her, she acted outwardly accepting and totally normal in regards to the breakup, so he thought nothing of keeping his dentist appointment.

Some of the posts suggesting he was stupid to get in the chair are just as horrible as the, "gee, I'm sorry she was raped. But she did go on the date, walk down that street, open her door, etc... Somehow she should have known not to..."

Blaming the victim of any crime, whether they be male or female, is deplorable.

This woman has severely injured another human being. She deserves a long, long stay behind bars.

And no, not in any way shape or form is the guy partly at fault for being victimized because he sat down in a chair.

Atlantis

Registered
Reaction score
Poor dumb fuck. He obviously trusted her and thought she would be professional and not....torture him. That's what it was it was torture! Who the hell does that? I just had some dental work done and I was really horrified when I read this story. If it were me I would sue the dentist office, my ex-girlfriend, man I would just go on a rampage. 3 years jail? That's it? She deserves much, much more. Teeth do not grow back. They are not finger nails. This man is going to need dentures. That is going to cost him a lot. I don't care what he did to her he did not deserve this. Yeah it was arrogant of him to go see her...but man...she could've just let the air out of his tyres or something.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
So what's the consensus - are we blaming the victim or not?

Chrissy

Bright and Early for the Daily Race
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's not the victim's fault, but it could definitely be one of those stories with a moral.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not blaming the victim. But it does make me glad I'm out of the dating game now.

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
It's not the victim's fault, but it could definitely be one of those stories with a moral.

IMHO - The only way the victim doesn't share (share, not take all of) the blame is if she was the ONLY available dentist. That should not excuse her from any of the consequences of her action, however.

If I stand in the road when the cars are coming by and one of them hits me, the guy who aimed for me may be at fault, but I was still standing in the road. I still have to shoulder some blame.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
There's always going to be that touchy fulcrum of the responsibility of looking after oneself, but I imagine he felt perfectly safe going to her for dental care. So in that he has my pity, not my judgement. (Unless we were to find out that he was well aware she was batshit crazy and then I do have to add a pinch of wtf to my sympathy.) She should spend a long time in jail and look for an entirely new line of work once she's out. That's an unforgivable trespass of medical ethics and she should not be allowed to hover over anyone with a sharp instrument ever again.

gypsyscarlett

Registered
Reaction score
IMHO - The only way the victim doesn't share (share, not take all of) the blame is if she was the ONLY available dentist. That should not excuse her from any of the consequences of her action, however.

If I stand in the road when the cars are coming by and one of them hits me, the guy who aimed for me may be at fault, but I was still standing in the road. I still have to shoulder some blame.

Standing in the middle of a traffic-filled road is an entirely different situation. This man went to a dentist. A professional dentist. Yes, a dentist who also happened to be his ex. So what? I assume most people are not harboring such deep, psychotic resentment that they're going to snap and pull out all the teeth of an ex, if given the chance.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Poor dumb fuck. He obviously trusted her and thought she would be professional and not....torture him. That's what it was it was torture! Who the hell does that? I just had some dental work done and I was really horrified when I read this story. If it were me I would sue the dentist office, my ex-girlfriend, man I would just go on a rampage. 3 years jail? That's it? She deserves much, much more. Teeth do not grow back. They are not finger nails. This man is going to need dentures. That is going to cost him a lot. I don't care what he did to her he did not deserve this. Yeah it was arrogant of him to go see her...but man...she could've just let the air out of his tyres or something.
How do you know he was arrogant to go see her at her dental office? It could have been out of contriteness or obliviousness or out of a thought that they might still both be civil human beings. I didn't read anything in the article to suggest he was arrogant.

Standing in the middle of a traffic-filled road is an entirely different situation. This man went to a dentist. A professional dentist. Yes, a dentist who also happened to be his ex. So what? I assume most people are not harboring such deep, psychotic resentment that they're going to snap and pull out all the teeth of an ex, if given the chance.
The truth is the articled doesn't go into what their relationship was like before the break-up so we just can't know if he should have known better or not.

Chrissy

Bright and Early for the Daily Race
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

That's more like caveat emptor reasoning, but in the case of professional/medical services, the burden is on the professional to provide the service properly and without harming the client. It doesn't matter how many dentists there are out there, they are all required by law to excercise due care.

Hindsight tells him he could have avoided it. That's what I mean by "the moral of the story." Doesn't mean he shares blame. If he shared blame, then he would have to pay part of the costs for having his teeth put back in.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score

Agreed. I can't believe there are comments out there along the lines of...saying 3 years is too much.

It's not long enough! Not near long enough!

If the positions were switched...

gypsyscarlett

Registered
Reaction score
The truth is the articled doesn't go into what their relationship was like before the break-up so we just can't know if he should have known better or not.

That's true. We don't know much at all. We don't know his general personality. Her general personality. What their relationship was like. How well or badly she (outwardly) handled the breakup.

But right away, some folks immediately jumped on the idea that he must be all kinds of stupid to have gotten into that chair, because how could he not realize that a woman he broke up with is going to become hell-furied with vengeance once he is in a defenseless position?

Of course there is the chance that she showed signs of instability and even hints of being dangerous, and that the guy should have just stayed far, far away. Perhaps he really was too trusting of the fact that they were in a professional environment.

But I think that chance is very slight. I mean, people tend to be frightened of dentists anyway. So who'd go to a dentist that they knew to be unhinged and carrying a personal grudge against them?

Again we don't know anything except she caused this man terrible and permanent injury.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
We also don't know what her reasons are. She may be a psychotic, evil, torturing bitch. She may not.

She definitely did a bad thing that she is going to pay for.

But there's a lot of assumptions being made on both sides.

Mharvey

Liker Of Happy Things
Registered
Reaction score

Hang on. With all due respect, that's not really the same thing. A guy standing in the road is asking for trouble - a guy who goes to see his dentist isn't.

"But she's his ex - that's just stupid."

But is it? I have Exs. There's lingering resentment with a few. But would I think, for a minute, that if I went to them for help... they'd agree to it, only to knock me unconscious and rip out my teeth, one by one?

Placing blame on the victim and saying: "Why would you go to your ex for a medical procedure? That's just asking for trouble" ... that's kinda crazy. What's next? I go for a jog past my Exs house - they come out with a chainsaw and hack off one of my legs... it's my fault because I should have known better than to go running near my Ex's house? "Why would you go running past your Ex's house - that's just asking for trouble."

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe it's like the battered woman syndrome? Sometimes thinking the best of someone can definitely get you into trouble. Yes, people need to try to have some healthy suspicion, even for folks they are/were in love with. I don't think it goes as far as blame, though. Her crime is completely on her.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Hang on. With all due respect, that's not really the same thing. A guy standing in the road is asking for trouble - a guy who goes to see his dentist isn't.

"But she's his ex - that's just stupid."

But is it? I have Exs. There's lingering resentment with a few. But would I think, for a minute, that if I went to them for help... they'd agree to it, only to knock me unconscious and rip out my teeth, one by one?

Placing blame on the victim and saying: "Why would you go to your ex for a medical procedure? That's just asking for trouble" ... that's kinda crazy. What's next? I go for a jog past my Exs house - they come out with a chainsaw and hack off one of my legs... it's my fault because I should have known better than to go running near my Ex's house? "Why would you go running past your Ex's house - that's just asking for trouble."

Agreed. As I stated upthread, I probably would have canceled the appointment myself. But that's me. And that doesn't mean this guy is at fault because he didn't. To say he should take any of the blame is ridiculous. Nothing excuses anyone, let alone a professional, from taking advantage of you while you're unconscious and pulling your teeth!