The Liquor Cabinet

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Right, I've a few things in my liquor cabinet that I'm trying to figure out new uses for (ideally outside of cocktails).

Bison Grass vodka: currently I've been mixing this with apple cider to make Polish Kisses. Could this type of vodka work in penne alla vodka?

Banana liqueur: A failed attempt at making Alton Brown's vanilla pudding (hubby didn't use whole milk) led us to buying a bottle, but we've yet to crack it open due to said failure.

Strawberry Pina Colada vodka: Someone gave this for me for Christmas -- I didn't ask for it!

Angostura Bitters: I've yet to use them in cocktails, but I'd love to see what else I could use them for.

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
There is a rum cake recipe that I've made with a boxed mix, which calls for a fair bit of rum, I think I'd substitute the banana liqueur for the rum and perhaps make a cream cheese coconut frosting to go with it.

This recipe site has a lot of boozy recipes, you could probably adapt something to use with your liqueur.
http://www.recipegoldmine.com/cakespirit/cakespirit.html

saelyn

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kaitlynsagepatterson.com
Bison grass vodka pairs really well with St. Germain or another elderflower liquor. I'd do equal parts vodka and liquor and top with champagne or prossecco. You could do the same thing with a ginger liquor like Canton's.

calieber

Couth barbarian
Registered
Reaction score
I'd be tempted to try to mix banana liqueur with creme de cacao. Also, now I want to run out and get Kahlua to put in fudge